• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dannymate

Oct 26, 2017
Game Dev & General Programming,
Self-hosting,
Micro-Electronics/Embedded Systems/Soldering - Started this a couple weeks ago. Made a hitbox for me and my brother. Ties in with his 3d printing stuff.
Random crappy pre-rolls/images
anime/manga - Love Junji Ito stuff. Reminds me of the brother grimm stories my mum used to read to me when I was a kid.
Learning Japanese

WIP:
Smart Farming - Used to be gardening
2D Animation - Worth a go

Things I gave up on:
3D Modelling - I don't like art stuff.
Used to make ONM covers when I was like 11-ish.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Lately I've dropped pretty much everything for guitar. Practicing one to three hours a day and have a teacher. Kinda obsessed

cooking too I suppose, but not nearly the same degree

Kodoku

Sep 20, 2019
I like to cook/bake. And read, my TBR pile is growing.
But I've been trying out new crafts to see if I like them. I can do basic knitting, good at crocheting especially amigurumi. Done latch hooking, cross stitching and i plan to try felting. Also like to do puzzles, perler bead 8bit vidgame characters, minature doll houses and paint by number, oh and the new jewel by number.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
gaming (for over 30 years)
watches (reading about them, buying etc for about 10 years)
listening to and collecting vinyl (only about a year in)
cooking (my whole life)

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Martial Arts (JKD, Kali, Kickboxing)/weapon work, I really love all sorts of weapon flow.
HIIT workouts
Gaming (I mostly stick to combat games like For Honor or racing sims)
Following endurance GT racing
Brewing beer
Card games with the kids
Board games every other weekend with friends, mostly Dominion
Going to movies almost every week

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I've been kinda addicted to disc golf for a few years, checks a lot of boxes for me.

Exercise
Drive to improve at something
Fresh air
See more of my beautiful state (travel to different courses)
Meet new people

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- lifting
- reading
- gaming
- listening to music / audio books
- cooking

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In no particular order:
  • Ceramics / Pottery - I go to the studio 1 to 2 times per week and consistently have 4-7 pieces in various stages of completion. On average, I finish about 10 pieces per month or so - mostly wheel building, but some hand built things as well.
  • Biking - lots and lots of biking. I want every type of bike for every type of surface some day.
  • Listening to Jazz - I also plan on picking up piano soon
  • Watching hockey
  • Reading
  • Cooking
  • Traveling
  • Video games

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
  • Model Kits.
  • Card Collecting (Mix of Pokémon, Digimon, and F1).
  • Figure/Toy collecting.
  • Watching Film/TV.
  • Reading once in a while.
  • Video games (Obviously).

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Drawing.
Reading.
Writing.
Listen music.
Play videogames.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Video games
Film
Reading
Lego

Trying to get into more board games lately, but it's not always easy finding a group, especially with Covid around.

Oct 27, 2017
My hobby is finding and spending 6 months - 1 year learning and getting really into random disparate subjects/hobbies before suddenly dropping them and finding I've spent too much money and now own too much stuff related to that hobby.

Over the last few years:

• Watches
  • Fountain Pens
  • Notebooks
  • Pocket knives
  • Headphones
  • TTRPG rule books
  • Painting
  • Fidget toys
  • Playing cards
  • Magic

Someone please advise, my family is dying.

OP
OP
brokenmachine

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to cut down my hobbies to really only a select few. I hate feeling like I have to do so many things in a day (even though I don't really HAVE to).

My ideal 5 would be: Programming, drawing, lifting, reading, and journaling.

Between work and my s/o it's hard to find the time to do everything in a day. I'm learning programming to get a job in the future so once I do that it should free a lot of my time up(I hope).

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I feel bad that all my hobbies are passive consumtive stuff like watching reading, movies, music and games. I do tend to go pretty deep into them though, like reading reviews making of stuff etc. Also play bass sometimes but I'm not really good enough to make my own music.

retroprogramming (mainly for MS-DOS PCs).

This sounds cool, do you use DOSbox or an actual PC? I was messing around with old PC emulators awhile ago and briefly thought about getting a C64 or something.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 2 years into growing perfectly legal indoor cannabis, and I definitely see it as a lifetime hobby. Very rewarding.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Sometimes I feel bad that all my hobbies are passive consumtive stuff like watching reading, movies, music and games. I do tend to go pretty deep into them though, like reading reviews making of stuff etc. Also play bass sometimes but I'm not really good enough to make my own music.

This sounds cool, do you use DOSbox or an actual PC? I was messing around with old PC emulators awhile ago and briefly thought about getting a C64 or something.

I do development in Visual Studio Code and build programs directly in DOSBox using DJGPP - I just put my repo inside the directory that I use as my DOSBox hard drive.

Every so often, I'll take my program, toss it on a floppy disk, and try it on real hardware. I have a IBM Thinkpad running Windows 98 that I do most of my testing on, but I also have a 486 system that I occasionally test on too.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly drawing and playing games, but I recently got completely sucked into the blackhole of Gunpla. Before I knew it I had three kits finished and another three waiting in the wings.

God help me.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fantasy football, sports betting, videogames, fishing, kayaking, cycling. Not particularly passionate about anything really, I never get too into my hobbies.

Used to brew beer ages ago but not anymore. Too much good beer that's easy to buy for cheaper than what it costs to brew and all the effort isn't worth it anymore for me. Haven't brewed a beer since GTAV first came out. I remember I was bottling that one the Tuesday it came out waiting for my copy to come from Amazon.

There was a meme back in April 2020 that was like "the pandemic made me realize all of my hobbies were 'going out to dinner'" and that's pretty damn true.

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
I love music as a hobby: listening to music and enjoying it; and playing it on several instruments. I come from a musical family so it's been around forever.

I also write terrible poetry. It's a blast.

kilg0re

Oct 25, 2017
  • Watching movies
  • Reading
  • Playing music
  • Photography
  • Board games
  • Video games
  • I love traveling too but that's not been a thing for 2 years
  • Fashion is a relatively new hobby for me, and it's been a blast figuring out my tastes
I've been thinking of getting into painting in any capacity.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Video games.
Board games.
Movies.
Lifting.
Mahjong.
Streaming.

I wanna learn programming but I'm in my late 20s and starting to worry if it's too late and don't know where to start.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Flying, Sailing, Photography, Audio Gear, sim Racing, Computer Builds/Vidego Games

I tend to dive deep into hobbies pretty quickly and I'm trying to tone it down in 2022 focusing mainly on flying and photography purchases and appreciating what I've already built up with the other areas.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
It used to love gaming when I was younger. Goldeneye on the N64 with friends and cheap lager was great. Now it's horror films (must have seen most of them and am running out) and statistical data analysis. Shit hobbies really. To all the youngesters about, try not to grow old.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly gaming, I spend too much time on MMOs so I don't have much time for other stuff. 😬

But besides that, I'm learning to play the drums. Always wanted to, spent all of my childhood thinking I couldn't for various reasons, finally decided to go for it.

Before covid I was starting to get into cosplay for DragonCon, but conventions being a bad idea kinda killed motivation for that for the moment.

If I had enough time and room for a shop I'd love to take up woodworking or some other "make functional things" hobby.

I see some others said traveling. I don't know if I can claim it as a hobby per se but I do love going places.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Amigurumi and creative writing

Most recent completed crochet amigurumi:

oFzWxgT_d.webp

Proud I was able to achieve 1:1 true scale!

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Weightlifting, programming, gaming, snowboarding, longboarding, movies, American football, football, and spending stupid amounts of money on fashion.

Would love to get some more hobbies. I actually really want to get into robotics and I'm looking into starter kits to get going.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Art/Animation
Writing
Music - both listening and playing instruments
Movies
TTRPGs
Skateboarding

Been slowly getting into wrestling the past year aswell

EQLibriM

Oct 27, 2017
In no particular order:
  • Ceramics / Pottery - I go to the studio 1 to 2 times per week and consistently have 4-7 pieces in various stages of completion. On average, I finish about 10 pieces per month or so - mostly wheel building, but some hand built things as well.
  • Biking - lots and lots of biking. I want every type of bike for every type of surface some day.
  • Listening to Jazz - I also plan on picking up piano soon
  • Watching hockey
  • Reading
  • Cooking
  • Traveling
  • Video games
So cool! How did you get into pottery?
is it something you do for fun? Or also for selling? Very original hobby!

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Magic: The Gathering
Warhammer 40k (both painting and playing)
Video games
Reading
Drumming
Snowboarding/Surfing (seasonal)

I used to mountain bike as a hobby but my friends I did that with moved away and now I just use my bike as a commuting option.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Comics/books
Video games
Lego
Movies/TV
Music
Arguing with people about these things

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018
Gaming (duh)
Reading (fiction, non-fiction and comics)
Ball-jointed dolls

I take daily walks and cook sometimes, but I don't know if they count as a hobby.

I've just moved, so I'm hoping to pick up gardening this spring, and get back into aquarium keeping. Also, start swimming again when the pandemic is over.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Action figure collecting
listening to Audiobooks
Haven't been doing Art stuff and gaming for a while now. Hope to get back to it this year