• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I thought it'd be fun to share our favorite trash talk.

When we were in college my best friend/ dormmate and I got really, really into Street Fighter IV. We got arcade sticks and I would guess we played against each other for around five hours per week (this was in addition to playing independently online and with other friends) for the entire year we lived in our college's dorms, we were a bit obsessed. Trash talk was used pretty liberally when we played, and winning because we successfully tilted the other was always more fun than a more gentlemanly match where we just sat quietly and played.

My favorite line was to wait until I had won a couple matches in a row, and then innocently ask "Hey, have you ever thought about what it feels like to win a round?" Then I'd pepper in little comments like "Because it feels pretty damn good, I must say. You'll get there some day. I hope you do anyway, because man, you really don't know what you're missing out on here."

For whatever reason this was massively triggering and my friend would lose it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I used that same except line, to the point he would start playing super sloppily and inevitably continue the losing streak. He was never able to come up with a snappy response and would just sit there stewing silently in annoyance until he had enough and we stoped playing.

I'm curious to see what everyone else keeps in their back pocket as their go-to line!

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
"whoa whoa you're getting better actually, really getting a handle on it now. keep it up"

hah i dunno. i dont do trash talk. i'd rather people enjoy themselves even if they're losing lol

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
"whoa whoa you're getting better actually, really getting a handle on it now. keep it up"

hah i dunno. i dont do trash talk. i'd rather people enjoy themselves even if they're losing lol

lol im not mean either but i find complimenting them actually makes a lot of people mad... its so weird.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't think I have any go-to trash talk lines, all my trash talking is highly situational

I miss the days of good trash talk though. Nowadays most "trash talk" I see is just people calling each other slurs

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really do any trash talking when playing against randoms, fun and innocent BM is more of my jam. For example I tend to shoot at the opponents body in FPS games after I have clutched a 1v1 situation instead of defusing the bomb right away.

When I play against my brother I go all-out with trash talking, though. "You should turn your monitor on" is probably my favourite line.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Its a weird one but its a real hoot when i play a match in Dota 2 and actually do well.

"Are you proud of me dad?"

The best is when i refuse to respond and if i continue to do well get upset that im being ignored. God bless all chat.

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
if i was playing smash or mario party with the boys back in school it'd be standard stuff like, fuck you, you suck, get fucked or maybe you do little victory lap while grabbing your nuts while waving the controller around or something. maybe make them chug a natty ice or something ya know that kinda stuff

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I only really trash talk when someone either keeps going in or starts with a teammate who can't handle it but when I do, I like a good "Sorry, I don't speak dumbass." or a classic "Your mom [insert line here]". Not really a particular go to phrase but whatever comes to me in the moment.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I learned pretty young that people generally didn't want to be friends with a girl who trash talks (and wins). So I try to stay as humble and nice as possible when playing against other people. Especially if it's people I don't really know. Nowadays I find myself mostly playing with people who don't play often and need more encouragement so trash talking feels actively mean. My partner is my only friend who is as into games as I am, and even then, we don't really trash talk. Decades of social conditioning was pretty effective. :P

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Pretty much any of the good ones from Longmont Potion Castle. I only use them with my friends/family. I'm don't start shit with strangers.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? You grubby-ass bitches are goin' down! Like way down - dead down! So down you ain't even goona know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be cryin' to your skank-ass queen: "Oh, mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!" F*** you! We're gonna whup your mamma's *ass!* *Whoo!*

Aug 10, 2019
I used to talk condescendingly to my opponents telling them how good they were and how impressed I was with their skills. It would piss people off so much, they would sometimes ragequit before finishing the battle.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use the same one every time I get a message.

"In the time it took to text that to me, you could've done a google search and learned how to play the game"