• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
For me,

TV: Friends; Modern Family. These are funny shows where the plot is almost irrelevant and a wacky joke to turn your head to every now and then is perfect for filling the dead air.

Movies: The Dark Knight and the Godfather. I guess these are great due to the length (in the case of the Godfather) and fantastic set-pieces/moments.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
For some reason when Scrubs was on comedy central I'd just play it and never watched. I don't even like the show

Oct 25, 2017
Unsealed Alien Files used to be my go to when doing stuff around the house.

Lately it's been cold case type shows also that show about a yacht crew

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I never have tv shows or movies playing in the background. Only music sometimes.
Same. If a show or movie is on, it has my full attention.

I guess the exception is when someone else is watching something on their own but in the same room. I don't have any preference in that case and tend to put on headphones while doing my own thing.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
If I have something running in the background, it's normally Mystery Science Theatre 3000. It's something I've already seen the entirety of several times, so I'm okay jumping in or out at a random point. The "meat" of it is delivered via audio, so if I'm not paying close attention I can still hear it and remember the context of the scene and laugh anyway.

After that, probably Star Trek TNG or DS9.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Blackadder and Red Dwarf. Been that way for the last 20-25 years.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Mystery Science Theater 3000

...which actually fits both categories. Sweet.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I need something in the background and don't wanna pay attention, its either Family Guy or Trailer Park Boys.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I would never put any TV or movies on in the background, I don't get it.
I have family members who have the TV on every waking moment and it drives me insane.

What's wrong with good old fashioned music?

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
King of the Hill, Seinfeld, or the Office. Pretty much a sitcom that doesn't fully rely on major plot lines where I can pop in and out of