• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 26, 2018
Have been looking for more stuff to watch. AVGN isn't what it once was and hoping to find something to get into. Anuthing is ok, even if it's like game grumps even though I don't like them. Just want to see variety.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Funhaus or Inside Gaming (before they moved to FH).

Their videos are what inspired me to get into video production and here I am now.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
kBash
TheGamingBrit
Stop Skelleton from Fighting
Core-A Gaming
Gaming Historian
Indiejacob
Scott the Woz

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
SomeCallMeJohnny is a wonderful game reviewer. He's like the Keanu Reeves of YouTube imo. Matt Mcmuscles also has good videos on games as well.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahoy for the occassional in-depth gaming history video
Errant Signal
Core-A Gaming
GMTK
LGR

They are more retro computing rather than games, but there's often an overlap: RetroManCave and The 8-bit Guy

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really watch too much in the way of gaming related things on Youtube aside from some trailers or previews. The only channel I actually frequent (infrequently) would be Arekkz Gaming, Rhykker and ACG.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
SomecallmeJohnny
Gaming Historian
SNESdrunk
Game Makers Toolkit
AntDude
Stop skeletons from fighting
My Life in Gaming
Caddicarus... sometimes
NitroRad
Arlo

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Easy allies offer a ton of variety on the content they offer. They do reviews, podcasts, weird skits and a lot more. Check out the latest season of achieve it yourself, a show where people submit "achievments" for nintendo games and the crew attempt to complete them:

Super bunnyhop does long form deep dive videos into various topics surrounding the gaming industry at large. They are often about topics I've never seen any other person cover about video games such as his video about game companies dodging taxes.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
NakeyJakey
Girlfriend Reviews
Matt McMuscles
Austin Eruption
Clemps
The Sphere Hunter
GmanLives

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In no particular order.

Shamus Young
Lambhoot
MrBtongue
SuperBunnyhop
My life In Gaming
Game Maker's Toolkit
Ahoy
Matthewmatosis
TheGamingBritShow
Gaming Historian
Stop Skeletons From Fighting

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brainsratchcomms
Somecallmejohnny
Nitro Rad
AntDude
Caddicarus
AVGN
Stop Skeletons from Fighting
Gaming Historian
Matt McMuscles

Nov 17, 2017
TheGamingBrit is a really good channel. Been watching his stuff since like 2010 or something? He talks about games you usually don't ever hear about. A lot of old PS1/2 games. He's also very much into action games like DMC and usually has a lot of interesting things to say about them. He's hilarious too and like, in an oddly laid back way- not like a obnoxious energetic YouTuber way.

SomecallemeJohnny is really chill too. He just seems like a wholesome guy and he has enjoyable content. You just want to hang out with the guy. He does reviews on his own channel (though I wish he was a bit more timely with them) and let's plays on his other channel SuperGamingBrothers.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching christopherodd for a pretty long time. He is definitely the best let's play channel for mostly newer games. I like how he gets really immersed in games and not just like casually play and talk over like a lot would.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
My Life in Gaming - I love their analyses on retro games
Stop Skeletons from Fighting - usually something fun and something I had no idea existed or knew nothing about
SIFTD Games - GameFace is my weekly podcast and love the show "Dossier" which is a release calendar video and yes, I like watching Pachter's show
(although I watch all their stuff on Twitch or the site a few days before they get to youtube because I'm a Patreon patron)
Giant Bomb - great coverage on new games and I like the "curmudgeon-ish" takes from a certain someone
Inside Gaming - I like their nightly daily roundup show with Mr. Sonntag and Mr. Kovic, although not so much on the weekends (just not a big fan of Mr. Gaar).

and of course...

Digital Foundry - always interested in what they have to say in their analysis work, and the DF Retro is always just a delight to watch. The Doom console port video is one of my all-time favorite videos on Youtube ever

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Definetly Karak from ACG. Best reviewer since Kevin Van Ord.
Noah Caldwell Gervais is also really good, but it's more 2 hour critiques of video games.
Same with Joseph Anderson and Chris Davis.
Also really like Jim Sterling.
Laymen gaming can be ok, even though they are a lot more clickbaity the last year or something

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
That may take a few days to go through. Never been a fan of him though. I always kind of liked a few of the old game trailers stuff. I'm sure I'll recognize a few after I get to them.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First off, for newsy stuff I always check out Jim Sterling, Spawn Wave, and RGT85. The latter two sometimes fall into the trap of making videos just to keep having content come out, but I still like them quite a bit.

For general game-specific stuff, DF Retro is my favorite.

And finally, shameless plug here for my channel. It's humble but I try to make fun stuff. I focus mostly on retro stuff that I enjoy but I do have modern stuff too. Bare Metal Uno

Aspen

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
OutsideXbox: very funny while still being "PC" and kid-friendly at the same time

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
There's that "GamingGap" dude that researches NES games, those are good, he talks about and reads the manuals and has good editing. Love his Rygar review

Nov 9, 2017
RĂ©union
Girlfriend Reviews
Jim Sterling
Tyrannicon

For the last one, he's quite an acquired taste. He plays a lot of Souls-like game, he rages a lot, and he has a unique sense of humor. Let's just say that he has a talent to make the game he plays "his". Btw, his "rage" is part of his appeal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
for podcast fix:
IGN
GameInformer
Whats Good Games
Easy Allies
Colins Last Stand

for reviews:
Angry Joe
ACG
Luis Alamilla

for other stuff:
UpUpDownDown
GDC
Metal Jesus
Game Sack
G4Icons
Electric Playground Network

whatever happened to GameSpot? they used to put out so much more content on youtube. They had weekly podcasts etc? Seems like they dropped off the face of the earth

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Easy Allies, Angry Joe Show, The Jimquisition, and sometimes Outside Xbox/xtra, playstation access, Metal Jesus and dunkey.

Oh and digital foundry but I'm much more interested in their pc stuff and console speculation stuff then console head to head stuff. Their retro content is excellently put together too but personally retro stuff isn't usually for me.

OP
OP
KrangBakesaTurtle
Mar 26, 2018
I have checked out most, not sure on what I like or not yet. Sure is interesting to see how far some have fallen in the gaming industry and how youtube guys are out doing them.

Also interesting to see how far angry joes video views have fallen? I remember a few years ago he got millions a bit often

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Chip Cheezum and Ironicus
Voidburger

Void especially has very in-depth silent hill let's plays and some good horror game content.
Chip and Ironicus are kind of iconic in the MGS let;s play scene.