• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
What are the most memorable tracks you've ever played in the genre? No "greatest" criteria, just tracks that are just straight up memorable to you.

These are mine so far. There are tons I could have added, but this is what I settled on.

EDIT: Ok, whatever LOL.

Diddy Kong Racing OST>>Donkey Kong Country

Last edited:

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
KGB Corner

Roads were so wide it made for great racing.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Sound Shower will always be my favourite track from my favourite racer. I quite like Rainbow Roads many themes throughout MK history.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Cant believe this isnt first post.

giphy.gif

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition had one of the best licensed soundtracks ever. Probably the best outside of GTA.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Midnight Club II - Farid
You think you're gonna race on the streets? Nope, you're racing in the sewers.

(timestamp 1:50)

edit: fixed wrong video

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Kart 8 gave this version a massive upgrade and I absolutely love it

I also have a huge amount of nostalgia from when I was a kid for this track, so I have to include it

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It remains my favourite video game racing track ever

edit: nvm i'm stupid

Last edited:

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
I've always really liked the Circuit theme from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, which got a nice remix in 8:

And the Circuit theme from Super Circuit, which also got a jazzy 8 remix:

Electrodrome is cool, too.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean the whole Gran Turismo 3 soundtrack was pretty incredible back then. Dodge Viper on the laguna seca with Buck Rogers in the background....Good memories for me.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get the links right now but sooo many tracks from F-Zero GX. The course songs are all great and the character themes are legendary.
I can still remember that final Story mission where you're racing you're ghost and have to do that huge, tight corkscrew PERFECTLY. I flew off the edge there so many times, haha.

But yeah it has so many of my favorite racing game tracks. The lava one with the tube, is one of the first to pop into my head.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
was wondering why everyone kept posting videos of the actual tracks themselves until..

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if you mean music tracks or race tracks but either way, my answer is still the entirety of Ridge Racer Type 4.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

The only track in the sequel that really comes close to the tracks in the original. One of my favorites.

Nile Adventure might be the best course in the series though. The part where you are in cyberspace or something...holy shit.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Since people are also mentioning music tracks I immediately thought of Blind Faith by Chase & Status (Forza Horizon) lol

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
What are the most memorable tracks you've ever played in the genre? No "greatest" criteria, just tracks that are just straight up memorable to you.

These are mine so far. There are tons I could have added, but this is what I settled on.

EDIT: Ok, whatever LOL.

Diddy Kong Racing OST>>Donkey Kong Country

I read the title of the thread.
I went to youtube to grab Frosty village DKR theme.
Open thread