• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Royal Poinciana tree looks beautiful when bloomed

Royal_Ponciana.jpg

And saucer magnolia trees
April-flowering-005.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen them in-person (since I've yet to visit Japan personally), but sakura/cherry blossom trees are beautiful. Just pure elegance.

cherry-blossom-1567676709-735-X412.jpg

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Monkey puzzle trees have always amused me, although I think they're pretty particular about climate (I know they grow in higher elevations in south america, and Victoria BC had a lot).

2arOxjp.jpg

They're like a goofy pine tree.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
well as a german, it's gonna be the oak. we also have amongst the oldest oak trees in the world, more than 1000 years old

also an inherent symbol of germanic culture, which is why you still find it as a symbol on many things

en.wikipedia.org

Donar's Oak - Wikipedia

Donar's Oak (also Thor's Oak or, via interpretatio romana, Jove's Oak) was a sacred tree of the Germanic pagans located in an unclear location around what is now the region of Hesse, Germany. According to the 8th century Vita Bonifatii auctore Willibaldi, the Anglo-Saxon missionary Saint Boniface and his retinue cut down the tree earlier in the same century. Wood from the oak was then reportedly used to build a church at the site dedicated to Saint Peter. Sacred trees and sacred groves were widely venerated by the Germanic peoples.
man missionaries/christians have always been on some bullshit haven't they

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Olive trees. I love how old and crooked they can look. And they bear great fruit.

Ancient-garden-ornaments-for-sale;.aspx

Last edited:

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
japanese maple is beautiful in fall
japanese-maple-garden.jpg

rainbow eucalyptus has the most gorgeous bark ever
1-235.jpg

ginko aesthetic af
Ginkgo+and+st+sulpice+010.JPG

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Weeping Willow are wonderful to stand under on a sunny day, the way the light flits between the leaves as they sway. They're also one of the first to green in spring. I also like the Cracked Willow for the awkward, distorted shapes they form and the sound of the wind through their leaves.

Cherry are great of course at this time of year. I have a tiny cherry in a pot and it's one of the first things to bloom in my garden. Magnolia get props too for spring flowering.

Oak, because of how ancient they can get, the distinctive shape of their leaves, acorns, and the way they spread out and dominate any area they establish in.

Horse Chestnut. Childhood memories of hunting for giant conkers.

Yew. When they're allowed to grow into trees with their green needle leaves set against reddish bark. They can also live a very long time. There is a folk tradition in the UK of planting them in churchyards and cemeteries which are good places to find old ones.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Redwoods cuz theyre wonderful trees.

Cypress because both sets of grandparents had them and I got to watch them grow taller with each visit.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Something iconic about the shape of Acacias, especially when they're quite often just on their own in the middle of nowhere

African-Acacia-against-sunset.jpg

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Paper Birch (that striking white bark, really stands out amongst northern Michigan autumn leaves)

and

Banyan (just magnificent to stand under)

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
In addition to weeping willows, I'm a big fan of the American Sycamore. They remind me of the weirwood trees from Game of Thrones.

37816696-amazing-american-sycamore-tree-against-a-blue-sky-in-this-winter-nature-shot.jpg

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I have a soft spot for willows, because we had one outside and I would always be climbing it, also whickering with their hanging growths was always fun.

283378-1600x1066-weeping-willow-tree.jpg

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I like a simple apple tree, cuz, you know, they give me apples. Not the prettiest, or most impressive, but you didn't ask for that. You asked for favorite.
apple-tree.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen them in-person (since I've yet to visit Japan personally), but sakura/cherry blossom trees are beautiful. Just pure elegance.

cherry-blossom-1567676709-735-X412.jpg

We actually have thousands of Cherry Blossoms in Philly. We had six on my old block and while they are very pretty for about a week or 2, the clean up is a bitch and it takes weeks.

Oct 28, 2017
Have to go for birches, they're just beautiful with the white bark. And I say that as someone who's really allergic to their pollen

birken-im-herbstkleid-das.jpg

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Willows. They're just so picturesque. I love seeing them blow in the wind, being underneath them, etc.
Weeping_Willow_800x.jpg

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
And saucer magnolia trees
April-flowering-005.jpg

I have a Saucer Magnolia that I planted about 12 years ago. It is the most frustrating tree ever. Every year it begins to bloom, we get a light overnight frost and it winds up looking like your picture except brown and wilted until its leaves are out and fully growing. It is absolutely beautiful when that doesn't happen. It just happens too often.

I love the redbud trees in the spring that we have. They are fairly common in the area but they just really make the landscape come alive when they bloom.
redbud-trees-1615496834.jpg

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I like evergreens, like a simple spruce

They bring some much needed winter green to my cold snowy deciduous home

Nothing fancy, they just look really nice in the winter when most of the treeline is dead looking sticks

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
I like the Japanese cherry and the Wisteria for their aesthetic.

But the Pollard willow is so incredibly typical of the Dutch Polder and as such ingrained into my very being. Such a gnarly and ugly thing:

knotwilg4221.jpg

I love it!

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I have a big fondness for Birch trees. Most likely because i had one in front of the window of my room for all my childhood.

Mar 5, 2019
This is my favorite thread, ever.

We have lots of Live Oaks where I live, the kind with the big moss bunches hanging down, but my favorite tree locally is the Magnolia, as they get super big and seem to take over the local forest.

Not technically a tree, but the feeling of sunlight filtered through leaves has to be one of the best ways to celebrate Earth Day.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Some gorgeous trees in this thread.

I'd say that my favorites are Japanese Maple, Weeping Willow, and Birch trees.