• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Obligatory:

djnfwo831-624x351.jpg

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Superhero Island and Springfield are both good theme park lands devoted to Disney properties

heh heh heh heh heh

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I liked port orleans

maybe it's because I like boring thing and long sits

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Disneyland's Adventureland (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye... and Dole Whip!)

Can I say "All of World Showcase"? If I have to do it on a country-by-country basis, probably Japan sticks out the most (odd, because it doesn't have a ride, but I love the store and the Teppan dining room... plus it was always a great spot to watch IllumiNations from)

I'd also want to say "All of Future World", actually; particularly fond memories of sitting at the Fountainview Cafe and watching the performing water. If I have to do that on a pavilion-by-pavilion basis, I think I'd single out Journey Into Imagination during that sweet spot around 1997 where it had the original version of the ride, the original incarnation of ImageWorks and Honey I Shrunk The Audience, plus the gloriously fun and silly fountains and topiary around the front, and Wonders of Life when it had Body Wars, Cranium Command and a whole bunch of little themed things to play with.

One other I'd like to single out is Animal Kingdom's Africa. Tusker House is an okay restaurant for breakfast, and Kilimanjaro Safaris has always been a ride I've got a lot of fondness for.

And one really really leftfield suggestion:

The bottom floor of DisneyQuest (That funky Crystal Maze-esque game with driving RC trucks with live video feeds around a maze; the Virtual Jungle Cruise game (that I always thought the idea would work really nicely in a home format using Wii MotionPlus!) and the Pirates of the Carribean game that used CAVE technology)

Last edited:

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Universal (well islands of adventure) does lands way better and it's not even close. And I love Disney.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
New Orleans Square, easily. Has two of my favorite rides in the park and the mint julep bar.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland has the classic version of Space Mountain, the Carousel of Progress, and the Peoplemover. Love 'em all. New Orleans Square has Pirates and the Haunted Mansion plus some very wonderful streets and shops. Mysterious Island has perhaps the best wienie, incredible theming, and it's just cool. I'm not sure I would pick one of these as the best, but all are up there for me. I feel like picking anything from Epcot is kind of cheating though, it's not fair to choose World Showcase

Top Tier
Tomorrowland (MK)
New Orleans Square (DL)
Mysterious Island (TDS)

High Tier
Main Street USA (DL)
Fantasyland (DL)
Fantasyland (MK)
Frontierland (MK)
American Waterfront (TDS)
Mediterranean Harbor (TDS)

Mid Tier
Africa (AK)
Asia (AK)
Main Street USA (MK)
Adventureland (DL)
Critter Country (DL)
Frontierland (DL)
Tomorrowland (DL)
Arabian Coast (TDS)
Lost River Delta (TDS)
Carsland (DCA)

Low Tier
Mermaid Lagoon (TDS)
Port Discovery (TDS)
Liberty Square (MK)
The Oasis/Discovery Island (AK)
Buena Vista Street (DCA)

Micheal Eisner Tier
Dinoland USA (AK)
Rafiki's Planet Watch (AK)
Toontown (DL)
Everything else in DCA

WIP Tier
Galaxy's Edge (DL)

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Liberty Square, and most sections of Hollywood Studios (haven't been there since ToyStoryland and Galaxy's Edge opened, so no comment on those two specifically).

Also, German pavilion if for no other reason than offering the best soft pretzels in Disney World.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland has the classic version of Space Mountain, the Carousel of Progress, and the Peoplemover. Love 'em all. New Orleans Square has Pirates and the Haunted Mansion plus some very wonderful streets and shops. Mysterious Island has perhaps the best wienie, incredible theming, and it's just cool. I'm not sure I would pick one of these as the best, but all are up there for me. I feel like picking anything from Epcot is kind of cheating though, it's not fair to choose World Showcase

Top Tier
Tomorrowland (MK)
New Orleans Square (DL)
Mysterious Island (TDS)

High Tier
Main Street USA (DL)
Fantasyland (DL)
Fantasyland (MK)
Frontierland (MK)
American Waterfront (TDS)
Mediterranean Harbor (TDS)

Mid Tier
Africa (AK)
Asia (AK)
Main Street USA (MK)
Adventureland (DL)
Critter Country (DL)
Frontierland (DL)
Tomorrowland (DL)
Arabian Coast (TDS)
Lost River Delta (TDS)
Carsland (DCA)

Low Tier
Mermaid Lagoon (TDS)
Port Discovery (TDS)
Liberty Square (MK)
The Oasis/Discovery Island (AK)
Buena Vista Street (DCA)

Micheal Eisner Tier
Dinoland USA (AK)
Rafiki's Planet Watch (AK)
Toontown (DL)
Everything else in DCA

WIP Tier
Galaxy's Edge (DL)

God, just reading that, I *so* want to get a chance to see TDS one day.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans Square, but man do I miss the Court of Angels.
I hate that it's locked away as a Club 33 waiting room now.

OoQjjrw.jpg

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I always LOVE the future-based lands. I forget what the one at Universal was called, but it's by far one of my best vacation memories.

Space Mountain!!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever has a Citrus Swirl. I guess Adventureland.

In related news: IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET A CITRUS SWIRL OUTSIDE OF A DISNEY PARK? God, I love those things.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't beat walking down Main St USA for me but I suppose that doesn't really count

Tomorrowland probably my least favourite

I actually like all the new super themed lands, Galaxys Edge, Pandora and Cars Land are all top tier imagineering, Toy Story land not so much

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I love the wilderness area of DCA. It just feels unlike anywhere in any of the parks.

Tokyo Disney Sea's volcano/explorer area is also one of the greatest themed areas in the world. Just amazing.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Mysterious Island is the GOAT for theming and immersion.

Cars Land and Pandora are the only things that can somewhat compete from the US domestic parks.

When it comes to the hotels, it's Wilderness Lodge hands down for me. You'd never know you were in Florida with how well they themed the landscaping and everything on the grounds.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing all the Mysterious Island love. The second you pass through the cave tunnel you are immediately transported and the rest of the park dissolves away from your mind.
vFQJmdY.jpg

dfX9MTZ.jpg

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the New Orleans area in Disneyland, just love the city and they capture it pretty well. Especially when the jazz band is out.

I also was very impressed with Frontierland at Disneyland Paris.

Last edited:

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'll let you know when I go. I'm taking my wife to Disney World for her birthday in three weeks (first time for both of us), and we just got our MagicBands in the mail today.

From what I've heard, I'm thinking it might be something in Epcot.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
best thread - and its so hard to choose - Adentureland at Disneyland with new orleans square right there too ; world showcase; radiator springs at California adventure; Harambe at animal kingdom edit; main street usa and liberty square in FL too i need to get to the international parks soon

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Honestly I loved Toy Story Land when I went in December, though I'm looking forward to seeing it hopefully less crowded some day and new stuff as it opens.

World Showcase is my favorite though, with highlights being Canada and Germany for me.

Also I'm going to Tokyo Disney Sea next week so I'm very excited to see what everyone has been raving about.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I miss tomorrowland back when the only star wars thing they had was star tours. In terms of stuff that still exists? Probably California Adventure's boardwalk

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Cars Land and Pandora are the only things that can somewhat compete from the US domestic parks.

I think you're really underselling the rest of Animal Kingdom (minus Dinoland, obviously). The attention to detail throughout the park is nuts, though it's obviously more realistic rather than fantastical and is more subtle with its detail.

animal_kingdom_africa_update-7.jpg

harambe-market-00.jpg

Animal_Kingdom-15.jpg

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Having finally been to Disneyland, I feel I can weigh in on all the Disney parks. I'm not going to do them all just ones on my mind that fit the individual tiers

top tier:
Pandora (at night)
New Orleans square (such an amazing truly immersive land in such a small space)
Adventureland (Disneyland)
New fantasyland (MK)
Morocco & Mexico pavilions

mid tier:
Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland, haven't been to WDW's yet)
Future world (Epcot, could move up D23 revealed all the weakest elements are going away and strongest are staying)
German/Norway pavilion
Hollywood Blvd/Hollywood DCA (same general theme, similar rides)
Most other lands fall here

low tier:
Dinoland USA (so so bad)
Pixar pier (good rides can only take you so far on a bad idea)
Storybook circus (needs an overhaul especially after seeing how good toon town is even with the aging land)

haven't been to Toy story land at Hollywood studios yet or galaxy's edge at WDW

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
New Orleans Square and Cars Land are probably my favorites, as I LOVE the details for both of these lands especially. New Orleans Square has a really damn beautiful city area along with the awesome Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean fitting in.

As for Cars Land, they did such a fantastic job with Radiator Springs and the surrounding area.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Can't beat Mysterious Island at Tokyo Disneysea. It helps that I was there again just two days ago, but yeah. And I'm not even a big fan of the attractions in that area, but as a land, it's stunning.
Also a fan of Arabian Coast and Mediterranean Harbor (where our hotel was, the Miracosta).

and for who mentioned Universal... yeah... not really. The Harry Potter area is sweet but you can still see the outside and that kind of breaks the immersion. I live near Universal Studios Japan and have been there many times... but TDL and TDS beat the hell out of it.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based entirely on theming....

It has to be the entirety of the Animal Kingdom (minus Dinoland and Rafiki's whatever outpost). Asia, Africa, the hub, and Pandora are all so terrifically well themed.

The other top tier contenders are:

Mysterious Island
Galaxy's Edge
New Orleans Square
Adventureland (DL)

Based entirely on rides...

New Orleans Square
Tomorrowland (MK)
Future World
Asia

I guess since New Orleans Square is on both lists, it's the ultimate winner. Can't beat the all-ages all-time Disney classics of Pirates and Haunted Mansion plus the crazy good atmosphere that really transports you to the place it's meant to be in such a small space.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
The boardwalk of California Adventure.

After a long day, it's nice to just sit down, get some themed drinks, and enjoy the sunset there.

disneyland-hdr-sunset-california-adventure.jpg

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Park wise Animal Kingdom is the best park Disney has, but lands wise is really tough. I dunno if there are any specific lands that feel complete enough for me to have a favorite.