• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Tallgeese III is probably my favorite.

c-Sqa-FAw-Sio-LPTFO1d-MGOu-R5-Dx-ICxf-Vt-Xiybr-BV7p3-M.jpg

I also like Heavyarms Kai for the pure ridiculousness of it.

63da4df482d39d3dc7ba9ebdd338e196.jpg

Special shout out to the grunt units from Endless Waltz.

Serpent-Commander-1.jpg

I'm obviously pretty biased towards Wing. Struck the right balance between gritty war machines and fantasy design.

Vandova

Feb 14, 2018
While I was lukewarm on Iorn-Blooded Orphans, I have to say Barbatos is probably my favorite Gundam design.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Syd Mead's Turn A was already posted. And I liked the Idea that the Gp0-x were a line of lethal gundams designed by women

My personal favorite is Blue Destiny Unit 1 from the blue destiny series

latest

I love nonstandard designs in gundam and BD is just simple enough to work. It always fun when people either in universe or people playing any of the gundam games underestimate it. is like "oh it's just a GM, Lemme smash it real fast- OH SHI-"

It's a fun suit.

Oct 27, 2017
Despite being a Deathscythe mark (preferring the original two suits over EW), I've come to love the F-91 design. I decided to custom paint my torso with a metallic blue-green to better match the box art.
7872vpjgc.png

20191007_175428qejo1.jpg

Moon Gundam is probably my favorite modern design. Need a MG asap.

66140AEC14EBE29B954265A794F8DE168C3DA315
Fell in love with the box art so I bought the kit. Hate the feet so so much to the point I haven't finished it lol. Killed the whole design for me. I might kitbash it with wider feet sometime.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love a lot of Gundam designs, but let me try and narrow down the ones I actually went out and got kits for based on design alone:

Gundam Deathscythe Hell
163_large.jpg

Most people tend to prefer the Endless Waltz version and the batwings, but I much prefer the medieval grim reaper skull knight design with the double beam-scythe.

Gouf Custom
41FTQdyOPeL._AC_SX425_.jpg

By far my favorite take on the "Zaku" aesthetic, it's a great suit piloted by a great fighter. It's not overdesigned but so versatile and striking, perfect for both far and close combat.

Kampfer
8ec21dafb48b40f3a509c59d7dd5de59lg.jpg

Fast, speedy, and packed to the gills with firepower to get in, wreck things, and get out. I love me some Zeon suits, and they almost always look good in blue.

Nu Gundam
1dbec37e-s.jpg

This is my favorite of the "classic" UC Gundam designs. It's the final evolution of the original Gundam taken to its fullest maturation. Grounded, gritty, yet so futuristic. I love it.

Oct 27, 2017
I love a lot of Gundam designs, but let me try and narrow down the ones I actually went out and got kits for based on design alone:

Gundam Deathscythe Hell
163_large.jpg

Most people tend to prefer the Endless Waltz version and the batwings, but I much prefer the medieval grim reaper skull knight design with the double beam-scythe.
Same, my friend (as stated a couple posts up lol). Much prefer the original two (I bounce between the original and hell because sometimes I prefer the standard Gundam head over the German helmet-esque head of Hell).

The Ver. Ka kit of the original is great but the default color (blue/black) and white head aren't appealing... so I custom painted it to make it look like it's wearing a hood:

20190721_185352kwkgc.jpg

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
latest

I've always dug how the Tieren from Gundam 00 looked. Chunky and tanklike. The perfect fodder foil to the sleek Gundams.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
latest

latest

latest

Vual, Astaroth, and Vidar from the iron blooded orphan universe are some of the coolest mech designs I've ever seen.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
and of course, Sazabi ver Ka.
latest

Monoeye boys are the best boys.

I really like the Katoki designs since they were always sharper and more modern looking. At least I did like 15 years ago and I have zero clue what the state of Gundam is these days.

Also love:

FA-010A FAZZ (because I'm 5 and I like big guns)

51o-9XbDKaL._AC_SX425_.jpg

MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1 (the grey C1 is great too)

51q6J%2BI75vL._AC_.jpg

MS-07B-3 GOUF CUSTOM

61QWTotZoGL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Honorable mentions without images presented:

MS14A Gelgoog - loved how it was basically analogous to the German King Tiger in WW2 as a last ditch effort for an ultimate mobile suit.
MS18 Kampfer - Mean looking MS design

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Love the industrial functional look of the EZ-8, especially the back clamps

mjMxu25.gif

always thought the planetary defensors on the Mercurius were real rad

latest

And my favorite model was the Z'Gok, because it could break dance

OXci9-JGGcwo3lXuKBy_s4PhezMocSExTUes2LRl7oZMMWx12_yIHqNaovUHYRMO398tJS38q8NoxFd_m91xqEgqc2LOMkKo

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I really like the Katoki designs since they were always sharper and more modern looking. At least I did like 15 years ago and I have zero clue what the state of Gundam is these days.
I'm personally of the opinion that Katoki designs are a bit hit or miss. I like his decalled-up realism stuff on more complex looking suits like Sazabi, FAZZ etc, but on stuff like the RX-78 it feels like sacrilege.
UC-C3x2018-1100-RX-78-2-Gundam-ver.Ka-Hatch-Open-Full-Resin-Kit_01.jpg

Like, this is just disgusting imo.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Moon Gundam

66140AEC14EBE29B954265A794F8DE168C3DA315

The Crossbone Gundam line

618Oi1sfaOL._SL1500_.jpg

Kshatriya

latest

Kampfer

5b8c7173133391ad92a3736eb2db121e.image.375x500.jpg

Efreet Nacht

71Txj2-QIUL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Blue Destiny Unit 1

latest

And of course, my avatar's personal mobile suit, the Hyaku Shiki.

latest

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The GP02A. Just look at this T H I C C boi:

The modern Gundam designs are garbage and have that shinyness to them I don't like. Plus they look too overdesigned and "anime". The older units looked more gritty and detailed. I know, I know... "But vex, it IS anime?!?" So fucking what? I don't like it and that's that!

...Nerds
Your first sentence is good and I was going to use it to post my recent build but the rest of your post is rubbish, bruv. :P

EPOSJBoWoAI3pPR

My personal favourites are Zeta and Nu/Hi-Nu