• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I've been eating a lot of fast food lately since I can't cook while my kitchen is being remodeled. What are your tips, tricks and secrets for getting the most out of fast food? What are some modifications you make to menu items that improve the quality or flavor?

Personally, I always remove the middle bun of a Big Mac since it seems totally unnecessary. Or if I'm being a cheapo I'll order a McDouble and sub the ketchup for Mac sauce and add shredded lettuce.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I cant imagine money being an issues since you can afford a remodeling so why fast food? You could step up to something like Chipotle or salad places like Sweetgreen or Cava.

OP
OP

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I cant imagine money being an issues since you can afford a remodeling so why fast food? You could step up to something like Chipotle or salad places like Sweetgreen or Cava.
I guess fast-food wasn't the right word. I'd amend it to carry-out food generally.

No onions or pickles? That's a joke of a burger.

McChicken with Tomato and Cheese ooh baby.
Hmm I've never considered adding cheese to a McChicken. I gotta try this

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Does Starbucks count as fast food? I always order a grande coffee in a venti cup because I like cream in mine and if you order a Venti they overfill it, even if you ask for room (at least half the time) so this way I get plenty of room and it saves a little money for almost the exact amount of overall drink.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
We have a restaurant near us called Baja Fish Tacos. Really good food. Hate to even call it fast food.

One taco is filled to the brim and it has 2 tortillas holding it together. I split it up into 2 tacos. Get it with added guacamole and it becomes 2 tacos for $5.75. Add a drink and it's a complete meal for 8 bucks. Real quality ingredients.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Mayo on quarter pounders and McDoubles is my go to mod at McD's. BK has tremendously good barbecue sauce; the crispy chicken add bbq & cheese is awesome. So are bacon double cheeseburgers with bbq & mayo instead of ketchup & mustard. Extra cheese on anything with cheese at Taco Bell. Extra cheese on chain pizza. Do half and half protein at Chipotle.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Know those small containers where you put ketchup in it? Just stretch it out to add more ketchup on it. Just double layer it off course.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
In N Out fries need to be well done. Always say well done fries or you'll get some soggy ass fries full of oil.

The only other fast food I eat is Popeyes chicken sandwich and I don't have any tips for them.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
At In N Out, ask for "Extra Everything" as a customization to your burger to get double the veggies on your burger (lettuce, tomato, onions).

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
OP, can you post a video of you pulling out the middle bun? I'm genuinely interested to see this done in a dignified manner. As much as I like eating a BigMac, it usually ends up falling apart unless I eat it in one go.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
OP, can you post a video of you pulling out the middle bun? I'm genuinely interested to see this done in a dignified manner. As much as I like eating a BigMac, it usually ends up falling apart unless I eat it in one go.
You can just tell them no middle bun too. The cheaper alternative is a mcddouble, hold Ketchup and mustard, add shredded lettuce and big Mac sauce. Only thing really different is that it's a normal bun.

Oct 25, 2017
Use an app:
Get your food faster.
Can usually get deals.
Can customize certain items easier and from my experience it's more accurate when you finally receive your food.

Also be respectful of the workers. I've gotten a lot of freebies by just treating somebody nice when they take my order.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Best tip i can give is don't eat there. I've never felt better since quitting fast food a few years ago. Your eating actual garbage that feels like bricks in your stomach.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkin Donuts cold brew coffee is pretty good, on par with most more expensive cold brew, and if you get a large cold brew it's only $3.60 around me, and if you ask for less ice you get a lot of coffee. Dunkin Donuts' iced cups are 32oz for a large, compared to Starbucks which is 24oz for a large (venti), and with the 'less ice' they really do fill it up with more coffee. So you get like considerably more coffee for $3.60, when that same drink at Starbucks would likely cost like $4.50 or $5.

When I was getting fast food / chain coffee pre-pandemic, I usually went to Starbucks. But, during pandemic my starbucks stopped doing in-person cream/sugar, and every time I'd get a coffee it'd have waaay too much cream in it at Starbucks, so I started going to Dunkin Donuts ... which was faster, and I realized the cold brew, less ice, 2 creams is how I like my coffee there, and so I've been pleasantly surprised. After having not had DD coffee in like ~15 years, I'm now pretty much exclusively DD coffee for chain coffee.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't eat nearly as much fast food as I used to, but anytime I get it, I always use an app. There are literally always deals and since I order off the value menu anyway, I'm spending like $2-3 for a meal.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Dunkin Donuts cold brew coffee is pretty good, on par with most more expensive cold brew, and if you get a large cold brew it's only $3.60 around me, and if you ask for less ice you get a lot of coffee. Dunkin Donuts' iced cups are 32oz for a large, compared to Starbucks which is 24oz for a large (venti), and with the 'less ice' they really do fill it up with more coffee. So you get like considerably more coffee for $3.60, when that same drink at Starbucks would likely cost like $4.50 or $5.

When I was getting fast food / chain coffee pre-pandemic, I usually went to Starbucks. But, during pandemic my starbucks stopped doing in-person cream/sugar, and every time I'd get a coffee it'd have waaay too much cream in it at Starbucks, so I started going to Dunkin Donuts ... which was faster, and I realized the cold brew, less ice, 2 creams is how I like my coffee there, and so I've been pleasantly surprised. After having not had DD coffee in like ~15 years, I'm now pretty much exclusively DD coffee for chain coffee.
Welcome back to the fold, my new england brother

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Popeyes chicken thighs + take the chicken skin and some meat + put it between a biscuit, slather honey and hot sauce on both sides of the biscuits. Put some red beans and rice in the middle for good measure.

A HEART STOPPIN' GOOD TIME

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Welcome back to the fold, my new england brother
Only thing Dunkin' is good for...
DapperGrouchyBird-size_restricted.gif

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Use an app:
Get your food faster.
Can usually get deals.
Can customize certain items easier and from my experience it's more accurate when you finally receive your food

yeah I just discovered the secret cheat code that is fast food apps. Most places seem to offer coupons through the app directly, easy to customize your items right there without having to triple check that everything you're telling a person ends up being entered, and you can skip the line entirely by ordering ahead at some places (McDonalds for instance).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The Dunkin app is also better and their rewards are better too. THey do all sorts of stupid bonus rewards for no reason, but it means I get a free drink all the time.

THEY WON ME BACK
Hell yeah

Dunkin coffee has been my addiction since I was in medical school

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A pretty neat trick is when you are craving fast food just don't eat it and you'll feel so much better later than you normally would.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
You don't wanna get too crazy with it you got to take it how it's mean to be, some items have the potential for modification (firm believer in letting McDonald's coffee roast and cool for half an hour before drinking) obviously Doordash is solid when you use their service it's much faster.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The trick is to use the restaurant's apps. They usually give out a bunch of free stuff. Like Chick Fil A would constantly give me free drinks or sides or even entrees. That in combination with rewards means you can typically get a meal for the cost of a drink.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
My trick is to never go to MacDonalds because their food is shit and tastes like cardboard with sugar on it.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I loveee fast food so I try and limit it to 1-2 times per month. When I get a meal I usually ask for bottled water instead of a soda. Not sure if that's considered a "trick" or not, lol