• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
So now that Sekiro: shadows die twice is out and there is a resurgence of japanese themed games I went back and looked at the e3 demo of Ghost, it is noticeable that the combat is slower than nioh or sekiro but it also looks less complicated to play, which will bring in the crowd of people who had trouble with the latter.
And I guess my question is; will ghost of tsushima just be the easy mode nioh and sekiro that people have been asking for? or can it stand by its own merits and deliver something that we haven't already seen and played?

tumblr_oynarnT4Zr1rbijdfo7_500.gif

Last edited:

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit too shallow gameplay combined with fantastic presentation, so it kinda evens out. I still like the old combat in AC games despite their simplicity.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I expect a narrative driven cinematic open world with combat similar to AC/W3/batman. I also expect high production values , pretty visuals and maybe competent writing.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A casual open world title in japanese setting

Frankly, with the studio record, i dont expect something "amazing"

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Trolling + Deliberate use of racial slur.
A terrible game like TLOU or GOW because is not made by from software or a random jap developer. I will see the story on youtube and i will complain about it on this forum.

And i can say all that even if we know almost nothing about the game.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
GoT_1.gif

• Evolved combat mechanics for their best melee system to date.
  • Better story than Second Son. Perhaps something more intimate akin to First Light.
  • Memorable Samurai and Ninja bosses.
  • No banal black and white dual morality choices.
  • Certain degree of character customization.
  • Certain freedom to role play (or more specifically be role flexible) akin to Horizon Zero Dawn.
  • Fewer cookie-cutter side quests than typical open world games.

Oct 27, 2017
The big deal with Ghost of Tsushima compared to games likes Sekiro, Nioh or even The Witcher 3 in a similar open world RPG genre is the fact it is, unless proved to the contrary, 100% grounded and realistic.

It will be definitly less impressive in terms of action and possibilites, it's not a fantastic, mythological game where you gain more and more super powers. In that regard, I feel what Sucker Punch and Sony are doing with this huge project is incredibly audacious and perilous.

I can't wait to see more and learn everything about it.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My expectation is it will be Assassin Creed-like with better combat and stealth mechanic. Intrust in Sucker Punch. Their games always play and control really well

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
A terrible game like TLOU or GOW because is not made by from software or a random jap developer. I will see the story on youtube and i will complain about it on this forum.

Isn't From software also a "jap" developer? (And I think that term is considered offensive, not sure though.)

Nov 18, 2018
I think the game structure is going to be fairly typical open world stuff, which plenty of people don't like but I'm personally happy with. I certainly hope the combat isn't going to be as challenging as Sekiro or Nioh because I want to actually be able to play this game.

Hopefully the story will be good and the graphics look stunning.

Oct 30, 2017
A very decent gameplay with gorgeous breathtaking world... an excellent game overall like most Sony first party games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
A very high quality game, but outside of that, not too sure. Going to be sorta impossible not to compare it to Sekiro though >.<

I have pretty big expectations for the villain after the reveal trailer - was a superb introduction.

Last edited:

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It's sucker punch, so a perfectly serviceable open world title with a beautiful presentation that is ultimately middling.

I don't have a lot of faith in a western developer doing justice to the Japanese setting but I hope they pull it off.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Greatness.

OT: I expect the clear Kurosawa influenced experience they presented in the E3 demo and Im going to be there for it day 1. I dont think itll blow away my expectations, but Im looking forward to it.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia

giphy.gif

For real from everything I've seen I can't imagine not liking this game. The atmosphere, the visuals, the animation everything is so in my wheelhouse. I don't know what to expect but if I don't end up loving it I will eat my shoe. I also have trust in Sucker Punch, not all their games have been amazing but Infamous 1&2 + the first 3 Sly games? They've had more hits than misses, and even there misses where "just" above average.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm expecting it to be a ruddy marvellous cinematic experience that's nothing like Sekiro.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For it to be a less enjoyable experience than Sekiro and Nioh 2.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Your average open world game with good visuals and a serviceable gameplay.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm very excited for this game especially if you can lean into the stealth aspect more than the samurai stuff. It's gonna be a cinematic, slower paced game with beautiful visuals in typical Sony fashion.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah expecting a cinematic game, amazing visuals and a good story. Hope the gameplay is compelling enough for me to keep playing bcz I am not into open world games at all.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I honestly don't think Ghost of Tsushima will share the same combat core of Sekiro and Ni Oh.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It's sucker punch, so a perfectly serviceable open world title with a beautiful presentation that is ultimately middling.

I don't have a lot of faith in a western developer doing justice to the Japanese setting but I hope they pull it off.

That is a very fair assessment of Second Son. However, I would beg to differ on their previous and follow up inFamous games. First Light was very well thought out and cohesive, presumably because its length.

I think the story, narrative, main and story quest quality will definitely be reliant on key people SP has brought on the team since Second Son.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A typical open world game with cool looking samurai fights that isn't really that complex or deep gameplay wise.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Oh Jeez. Nice of people to decide the gameplay is shallow from an E3 demo obviously built around looking as 'cinematic' as possible.

As per OP I'm just hoping the open world is actually used in an interesting way, and not just filler like the last Infamous. I think SP are up to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a good story, combat, music and hopefully gameplay good enough that it will make me want to play it for 20 hours+.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Jeez. Nice of people to decide the gameplay is shallow from an E3 demo obviously built around looking as 'cinematic' as possible.

As per OP I'm just hoping the open world is actually used in an interesting way, and not just filler like the last Infamous. I think SP are up to it.
You forgot where you were, didn't you.

I don't know what I'm expecting, but I hope it's got a good bit of stealth built in. I don't need Nioh deep combat, but I hope it feels good. God of War wasn't super deep, but it felt right on every hit. I'd at least like that part right.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Second Son was pretty bad so hopefully much better than that

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just expecting a decently good open world game like Horizon. If it ups the ante, that'll be a great surprise, but I'll be happy if it just delivers a competent open world samurai game.

Also expecting endless dumb comparisons to Sekiro and Nioh even though it appears to share very few of their design goals.