• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
  • a successor to F-Zero GX, featuring a collaboration between Sony and Nintendo
  • Team Silent getting back together, with free reign to do whatever horror they want
  • Star Fox, as brought to you by the Ace Combat team
  • a successor to Kirby Air Ride with open cruising dreamland online multiplayer and a rocket league-like mode
  • Prey (2017) but keep the tone of the first two hours for the entire game, ramping up the horror, weirdness, and deception. Or, in a similar vein, take SOMA and make it an ImSim

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Give me Halo Infinite with the right gameplay and the full suite of content and we're there.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Come to think of it, I never got a chance to play Rise to Honor (the Jet Li game), on the PS2? is there a game similar to this (e.g. is Sleeping Dogs similar)?

Jan 19, 2018
I've got a few that always kind of come back to me.

• A brand new, modern Wipeout racing game.
  • A Mario "Mushroom Kingdom" city builder game. Something like Tropico or Cities Skylines.
  • Doom Eternal, but without the guns and violence. Something that kids could play. Make it a food delivery game or a dancing game or something, but I wish kids could play stuff like this without the extreme violence.
  • A battle royale racing game! Forza Horizon 4 tried, but it's set up as a series of one on one races rather than one giant race. Imagine 100 cars racing from point to point, eliminating the last player every 10 seconds or something.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
A new Max Payne game.

A new Mass Effect game is in the works, so there's that.

The Division 3, but it's really Xcom.

Megaman, but done like Metroid.

I could go on for awhile with this topic really.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a hogwarts rpg, now im less hot on that idea since joy killing rowling is a terf. Now, im not sure, id love super massive to make a mature scooby doo game.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade X2
Yoko Taro Final Fantasy
Dragons Dogma 2 ( crazy this got confirmed )

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
An XCOM-esque Marvel game in which every unit is a unique hero/villain with their own powers, strengths and weaknesses.

Aug 2, 2018
Ninja Gaiden reboot..world design and lore akin to NGB, combat from NG2, treat NG3/RE as if it never happened. Story centered around Japanese mythos and ninja clans. Its been too long and Team Ninja that made the nioh series can definitely do it justice. Would love if Itagaki came back but doubt that'd happen so

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
In no particular order.
  • Megaman Battle Network game structured like Persona 5, a city with tons of activities and social things to do, school and work and everything else, with a network that has its own inhabitants and activities. Persona dungeons replaced with network sections, like private servers. Combat wise I'm open to different things, as long as chip collecting and combos are in, and some firm of armor system.
  • Crackdown but it's Japanese. Keep the verticallity and the agility orbs and all that, add in DMC type melee combat. For visuals and music, borrow from Japanese Sci fi anime like Ghost in the Shell and Akira, keep in guns and explosions and stuff. Set it up as a spin-off, Crackdown Tokyo 2187.
  • DmC X DMC. Take the end of DmCs Virgil DLC and tie it into the end of DMC V, Virgil breaks through to the world of DMC and tries to take it over, and Dante follows to try and stop him. When Virgil kidnaps Nero, Dante has to find Dante and Virgil and join forces to stop Virgil from destroying both their worlds. It's Dante, Virgil and Dante vs Virgil for the fate of all our worlds, but will they be enough? And are they the only ones? When world's collide, we all may cry.

Rush Hour using the Sleeping Dogs engine, with Chris Tucker doing the voice for his character. We need a big budget comedy game.

Wait actually this, just do this.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Lord of the Rings in the vein of FF7 Remake, being able to switch between members of the fellowship in combat. I'm tryna blast goblins all across middle earth as Gandalf and Gimli.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a simple woman:
- Jade Empire 2
- Jet Set Radio Revolution (aka JSRF sequel)
- FFVI and FFVIII remakes spilt into two parts
- a mainline FF game that's not dominated by white passing characters and has a black female lead (either as the protagonist or deuteragonist / love interest)
- A KH game as good as KH1 writing wise and with the highs of KH2

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TLOU spin off starring Abby and Lev finding a home, and Abby settled down with a gf.

Fire Emblem 3 Houses prequel during the war of Seiros and Nemesis.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I want a cartography and surveying game. Navigating unknown terrain and mapping things as you go. Starting from zero.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
A 2D Dragon ball 'grounded' (Street fighter like) fighting game, from the early era, kid Gokuh, Krilin, etc before he grew up,. A bit like Dragon ball z fighter, but without the 'Marvel vs Capcom' style.

Samurai shodown vs Last blade.

Motorstom collection

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I still dream and hope for a star wars battlefront game where ground to space and vice versa are possible. Just imagine, a massive frigate space battle in tandem with a ground invasion below. You could mix in numerous AI players to further enhance the scale. Maybe it'll be possible this gen.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
A open world super hero game where you create a character & make choices that effect the story & your morality. Bonus points if takes place in Marvel or DC universe.

A modern Sims game with direct control as a option.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Proper sequel to PSO that isn't like PSU or PSO2.

WoW2 on a new engine from the ground up that resets everything so no legacy baggage.

E.V.O. to come to SNES Online App

PGR to come back.

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
You all no doubt have games you would love to see made, games you've spent time envisioning and wishing for. So let's share your dream games here! I'll start us off.

My dream game is Mario, but its Breath of the Wild.

...Let me explain. Imagine a 3D, Sandbox style Mario game, ala 64, sunshine or Odyssey, with the standard thematically varied worlds to run around and collect stars in. BUT, instead of these worlds being separate, they're combined on one big map, ala Hyrule in Botw. Maybe not AS big as in Botw, but still one large, expansive world for Mario to explore and platform across. You can play as Mario and Luigi travelling around the Mushroom Kingdom, finally fully realized in a 3D game, able to go anywhere in the kingdom from the outset, traveling from region to region to free them from Bowser's takeover. Alongside the flag fast travel system, you could introduce new animal buddies Mario could ride, like the Jaxi from the Sand Kingdom in Odyssey, to make travelling around the map faster. Animals like Birds that can fly you short distances, or Dolphins that can help you swim faster though water. And you'd have shrines like in BotW, but instead of them being puzzle based, they'd be platforming challenges so you could have a more even mix of pure platforming and 3D exploration.

This is a game I'd LOVE to see someday in the future. What are your dream games, Era?
I like your game OP

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Majora's Mask ReMaster @ 4K/60FPS for the Switch Pro with orchestral soundtrack and ATMOS support.

A real KOTOR 3 - yes, I played TOR and the different story paths; no, that wasn't what I want from a KOTOR 3.

A back-to-basics Halo game with amazing net code and support, but with a re-invigorated focus on 8v8 BTB and vehicles. No, not war zone. No, not Battle Royale. Classic CTF and Assault on specific maps made for such game types. Basically, Halo 2 - 2.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Fun thread! I'm not very creative but here it goes.

• A new Paper Mario game a la the first two.
    • New story in a new setting where you go to different regions to defeat a boss and collect a piece. OG turn-based with some fun new gimmicks added and creative moves with more dynamic action commands. Partners just like the first two that are integral to the plot. Soundtrack as good as or better than TTYD. Give Luigi a bigger role.
  • Banjo Kazooie sequel a la the first two.
    • Unique worlds but keep them sized like the first game. Modernize the movement a bit so Banjo isn't so sluggish, but nothing outlandish. New combat and movement abilities you have to learn. New eggs and other usable collectibles. Grant fucking Kirkhope.
  • Kirby Air Ride 2
    • I don't even know, the original was fun as shit so either remake it or make a true sequel.
  • Breath of the Wild with classic dungeon style.
    • I loved everything about Breath of the Wild except the dungeons. I want more dungeons with tons of puzzles, combat, unique themes aesthetically and musically, and unlockable moves and equipment.
  • A new Halo with strictly classic gameplay a la the post above me lol

Last edited:

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
I have a few:

- A BotW Zelda with From Software difficulty they are known for.
- A new hardcore stealth Splinter Cell game based around espionage, infiltrating tech companies, army bases
- A new Final Fantasy like IX with similar skill-learning mechanics. Great side quests like the chocobo digging based on pictures.
- A meaty Resident Evil game deeply rooted in survival horror. I think a bigger mansion than the one seen in the first would be great

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A tough but fair PGR5. No patronising barrage of meaningless awards.

Jurassic Park Isolation. Full 90s retro themes. "Interactive CD-ROM" main menu etc.

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
A new Virtua Fighter with next gen graphics but with the story mode and single player content of an NRS game like Mortal Kombat. Also the popularity of Mortal Kombat with a large community for online battles.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario RPG made by most of the talented people who made the first one. Music by Yoko Shimomura of course.
Graphic style similar to Monster Hunter Stories 2

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Metal Slug RPG. Basically like Metal Slug 3 but with a shop with upgrades, character levelling up, lots of characters, vehicles and unlockables and most importantly heaps and heaps of levels.

I would also like another Trenched (Iron Brigade) game please.

Oct 27, 2017
A big budget FPS like Battlefied or CoD but with realistic damage/ballistics ala Tarkov or Squad

Big budget open world game like Red Dead but set in King Arthur legends

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Red Dead Redemption 2 X Stardew Valley. It's all I think about.

Utilizing all the visual qualities of Red Deads gorgeous map (mainly a small area around Valentine). Run a ranch, raise live stock and grow crops. Get an upgrade for your horse so you can connect a Wagon, go into town and pick up new feed bags and crop seeds. Talk to the local towns people get to know their names, even have relationships.

Imagine the holidays in a little western town with cute lights and decorations. Would be relaxing.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Chrono Break / Chrono 3
Chrono Trigger remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Mega Man X9
A new Rhythm Heaven game for Switch
A new Theatrhythm game or a port of Curtain Call / All-Star Carnival for Switch
Final Fantasy X-3
Xenosaga Episode IV, V, and VI

And a bunch of others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
An open world singleplayer RPG set in Middle-earth. And when I say "open world", I mean it. Like, I want to be able to walk from The Shire alllllll the way to Morder without hitting a loading screen. I would also want to be able to create my own character and pick from the various races of Middle-earth. What would the story be? Heck if I know, make up some side-story that takes place adjacent to the Fellowship's or something where your character plays some sort of background role in destroying the One Ring.

It's amazing to me that to this day the only game that lets you explore Middle-earth like this that isn't LOTRO is the freakin' LEGO LOTR game.

crow-variant

Nov 12, 2020
Two ideas spring to mind, and they would both be Platinum joints. One, I want another Platinum third person shooter. They should crib the speed, movement, and resource loop from Doom Eternal.

Secondly, it'd be cool for them to play around with the posture system from Sekiro.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
You know what Garden Warfare is? Do the same but with the Duck Hunt IP. Ducks vs Dogs, the weapons will be mostly historical Nintendo toys/peripherals whether real or from iconic games.