• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Could be anything from missing out a certain game, never getting into a particular genre, not getting a specific achievement or even spending too much time with only one game.

For me personally it's never being able to get through 'Through fire and flames' in Guitar Hero III on expert. I even managed to pull through the solo section at the end of the song once, but never succeded and now it is definitely too late to go back, since all my Wii games suffer from a certain latency when being displayed on my HD screen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Spending over a hundred hours on a garbage called Anthem. Heck, I even regret buying the LoD edition. I'm an idiot for having faith and believing in BioWare. They can piss off for all I care

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't ever had the chance to play deadspace...well any of them. No hd collection, and my ps3 broke a few times and we ended up getting rid of it before I had the chance to play some games.

Mass effect too, but I want to play deadspace more.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Not being able to just sit down after a long day of work and play through the backlog of amazing games I have. And then instead of starting something, I'll just watch youtube or pass out. Repeat.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buying some games at launch when I can easily wait for sales on them or wait for them to get a lot of good updates/patches. The first Division was one of these games.

Also, trading in my Wii. Every now and then I really miss playing that console.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
letting that douche borrow my copy of pokemon diamond in middle school.
that asshole stole all my shinies, legendaries, starters, level 100's, etc.
arthur.jpg

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting rid of all my Aardvark Software text adventure cassettes on Commodore 64. They're insanely difficult to find now. It's easy to find the original UK versions by different publishers but those don't have the cool package art like the North American ones do.

Second would be selling my TG16 collection in 1994 to pay for tuition (instead of selling common Genesis/SNES games instead) but I eventually re-acquired it all.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Not playing Demon's Souls when it first came out. Must have been a magical time for a community getting in on something at the ground floor when it was all new and fresh.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play Earthbound back in the day. Was $20 on clearance, didn't pick it up. Then I finally played it on Wii U VC and it didn't do anything for me. Found the battles boring and the inventory system extremely annoying.

If I had played the game in my youth before playing so many JRPGs, I probably would've loved it. Maybe I wouldn't have. But I have a suspicion I locked myself out from enjoying the game by passing on it at the time.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Giving up in Dark Souls after getting destroyed by Ornstein and Smaug like a dozen times. I'm sure if I put in some effort and really stuck with it I could've pulled it off.

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
I have a few:

*Allowing a co-worker to borrow my import copy of Jet Set Radio, only to have him quit the next day.
*Giving away my Konami Hyperboy
*Selling my Xbox copy of Marvel VS Capcom 2
*Spending $150 on a copy of Dracula X for the PC Engine, only to be sent a CD-R.
*Selling my Virtual Boy for $25.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
Missing out on a Chrono Trigger cartridge for $5. I had rented Chrono Trigger from a video game store and learned that the store was selling all of their Super Nintendo games for $5. So, I immediately asked if I could buy the game I had just returned, but apparently someone had already reserved it so no such luck for me. The silver lining of the story is that I picked up Final Fantasy III (actually VI) for $5, but I still think how amazing it would've been if I'd snagged my two favourite SNES RPGs for $10.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Wasting all that money on virtual console.

I could have put all that money towards real hardware instead.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
Not being able to finish Chrono Trigger. It's been three attempts so far and the last one was so long ago I think I'll have to restart it to figure out where I'm supposed to go. I feel like if I was around to play it organically I would have appreciated it so much more.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Never having the willpower to track down a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga when it released. I tried... but I didn't try anywhere near hard enough.

Fuck.

ChuckStank

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Getting rid of my Vita. Although, I've been thinking about getting a PSP just for all the racing games.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Playing WoW for as long as I did (Vanilla to BfA) or just spending too much on games.

Deleted member 17952

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not getting a physical copy of Armored Core 4 and Armored Core 4 Answer before Miyazaki became a thing. It's practically impossible to find from where I am, and the game isn't available digitally.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Not playing enough on both my PSP and PS Vita, if I'm honest.

Not 'getting' Demon's Souls when it first came out. I didn't understand why this was good or the fascination behind it. Could have gotten the Special Edition...

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Not spending the time to grind and actually complete Final Fantasy VII when I was younger. I got to the crater, but got my ass handed to me.

Not playing Crash Team Racing.

Missing out on certain PS1 and Sega Genesis games, although I do believe I had the better consoles

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Asking for a Sega Genesis instead of Super Nintendo as a kid. Sonic looked like a banger and I felt like selling the parentals on a new console would be easier the more distinctive it was from my old one. Still liked the Genesis well enough, just would've preferred the SNES in hindsight.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Trading in my N64 and all games/accessories to EB games to get Gamecube when it launched. And then doing the same thing with the OG XBox to get a 360 at launch. I was to young to afford either to I had to trade them in. Pisses me off so much to this day.

Edit: also trading my Killer Instinct on SNES to a relative who I didn't see often for one of the Ren & Stimpy games! We had planned to trade back the following family holiday... never happened.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Buying battlefield 3 on 360, I liked bad company 2 and got some friends to join for bf3... EA did the thing of giving people who pay more access to it earlier. And the US got it a week before us too.. when I eventually played it I felt like 80% of people I played against had already grinded it and had good gear and I was just chasing after them.

Destiny 1. The game I got a PS4 for (though the PS4 is not a regret)

Time spent on wow, lost like 6 years to it. Raiding didn't interest me, had a guild and all but they wanted to raid. We got together to do it eventually but they all were winey little shits complaining as we learned the raid, when they could get join guilds that had "mastered it" - many left, I moved on to just enjoying the game (fishing was great, and it was a cool social place)

Persona 5.... on the last "palace", still not completed it. I don't have the time anymore and I have the art book I want to go through

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Stopped playing the witcher 3 back in early 2017 because Yakuza 0 came out and would get back to it......then tekken 7 came out....then persona 5 and it snowbballed from there. Hopefully i get back into it because I know ill love it.

Feb 21, 2019
Not buying a ps2 while i was in grad school. But there were some nights I would have enjoyed just zoning out and playing some video games.

(Im glad I didn't have one in college...had other things to do).

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
Never buying a Nintendo console...feel like I missed out on playing so many games from classic Nintendo franchises (Pokemon, Zelda, modern Mario games).

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Spending so much on GT5 signature edition.

Selling Final Fantasy III to a fraud over eBay who not only got the game, but his money back through a PayPal claim!

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Trading in Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Megaman X, X2, X3, All 3 DKCs, Megaman 7, Breath of Fire 2, and I think a few others...to buy shit for my then-girlfriend. We ended up breaking up like a few months later.

Fuck her forever, her children, and her children's children