• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
I'm hoping for some Waterstones vouchers to buy some books, some Ealing studios films on blu ray, lot of chocolate. Hopefully some aftershave too.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm just blessed to have my family with this shitty year we've had. Anything else is just extra.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Not asking for anything. I'm bad about asking for gifts - doesn't make it very easy for people that want to get me something, but honestly I rather just get the stuff I want etc. for myself rather than explain "No these speakers are the ones I'm looking for. This is the right book I want. This is the cable I need to replace this other thing with..."

Rather people just get me socks or something. Can always use some new socks.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I asked my parents to chip in some money for saving towards a new matress.

Otherwise nothing. I usually put a lot of thought into that I give others the perfect gift but I could never expect the same for me.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just a day or two where my anxieties and disgruntlement aren't the forefront of my thoughts. I can't just magically make those things go away but I would like to just have a few days where it doesn't dominate my thoughts and perceptions.

I'll admit that I'm fortunate enough that it hasn't dominated my life 100% of the time this year. It's more or less that I'm just kinda hoping the holiday span to be of relatively peaceful or carefree mind compared to the majority of miserable days I've had this year.

My partner specifically asked me to just help fund some specialty gifts that they have kinda insider access to -- i.e. gifts I couldn't have really had access to purchasing even if I knew exactly what they wanted. The exact situation is that my partner is a huge fan of a jpop group and the only way they can get merch for the group is to go through contacts that actually live in Japan and can go to fanclub-only-style events to buy them and ship them back to folks in the US. So I already forked over the money needed for that!

Jill Sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
A similar thread popped up last year and I asked for my partner to not have cancer, and this year she got the all clear, so I'm made up for life :)

On a lighter note, some new shoes would be welcome, my soles are almost worn through!

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Nothing, LEGOs or consumables. Even a candy bag would make me more happy than any other unwanted item.

Ah, and i bought a New 3ds XL for 35€ that i won't receive untill Christmass, so... i guess that counts too.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm just hoping for some new socks. Running a little low and don't want to head to the store for them.

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018
I'd like a standing desk but I know they can be kinda expensive. I'll probably try picking one up for myself in the near future

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
We have abandoned christmas gifts for many years among us adults. Best decision ever! Just the nephew is getting tooooons of stuff. And probably a bit of chocolate, sweets or nice coffee for us adults - at most. No kisses and hugs this year :/ We just take christmas as a time to see each other and enjoy spending time together. Though it will be different and very limited in number this year.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just grateful to have a job, my family, and a lady who loves me. Anything I get as a gift is just extra.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This year doesn't feel like the holidays at all. I don't even have a tree.

My wife and I are just going to do a small stocking for each other this year. I'm unemployed looking for work and she has a pt job so it is rough. I think we might make art for each other for fun cause that's pretty cheap

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tumblr_inline_nj5wvejuZM1r9dgof.gif

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly haven't really thought about it this year. My wife and I agreed we weren't doing a lot for gifts this Christmas, so I've kept my expectations pretty low. But I've finally got some extra money after all the Christmas expenses and moving into a new house, so I am actively on the hunt for a PS5.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Local Hot Sauce, I usually am bad at figuring out what I'm getting, but I was told to not buy this hot sauce.

So I assume I'm getting some of it

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
I want a Dolby Atmos sound bar and a PS5 lol. Of course, expensive as shit. Unreasonable to expect someone to buy that but I'm hoping to gather enough gift cards to lessen the blow a bit when I get around to buying those myself. Hell, no one can find a PS5 anyway.

Realistically, I'm hoping someone got the LOTR 4K UHD box set. I'd be quite happy with that.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Socks and time spent with family on the day. Thankfully I know for sure I'm going to get both.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
My wife and I didn't really plan on doing much since we're trying to buy a house and sell ours. I only asked for a second PS5 controller and the Sackboy game. My wife and I have a baby due in Spring, so baby crap off of our registry so we don't have to buy it would also be nice.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well I know I am getting a Xbox Series S from my best friend, because his dumb ass shipped it UPS with the gift box - only he forgot to put it in the gift box and just sent it with the gift box on top of it in the box. He was probably drunk.

I won't unbox it until Christmas morning though. Spirit of the holidays and all.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't expecting anything this year but a kind and generous stranger on ERA suprised me with something. It made my Christmas :).

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My gf partially paid for my new phone and a JBL Link Music (aka. JBL Google Home). That is it.

I just had a job interview so there is still time for Santa to give me a job after over a year unemployed, fingers crossed.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I've disconnected myself from the christmas gift madness as much as possible. As an adult I just don't want other folks stressing and scraping to get me gifts so I'd rather we all just relax and enjoy the holidays without that nonsense.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I asked for nothing because I don't need anything really...maybe I should ask for some pyjamas and socks but I think I'm gonna get that anyway lol, plus a nice cologne.

Also my birthday is in 2 months so my family members have twice the problem now ha ha

The presents that I like the most are some drawings made by my nieces for example, or whatever they think about

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Assassins Creed Valhalla Collector's Edition

I buy my own Christmas presents and get the money back. I don't like surprises so I know exactly what I am getting.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Same thing I have asked for since I turned like 20, nothing. My parents and friends and family don't need to get me anything. In fact for my parents I'd rather they save their money or buy stuff for themselves that they may need.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a PS5 and Xbox Series X from my Parents, with 3 games for each.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't need much so I don't really care about gifts. Just being around family and eating delicious food is good enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Damn I am really sorry to hear that. Wishing for the same thing now.

Yeah it was a punch to the gut, but thankfully its a treatable form of Cancer (so far!)

Well I hope that's what you get.

Me too! :)

They'll fix you. When's the surgery?

Next Wednesday

Well, there's some perspective for everyone. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Thanks! I have a great team at Kaiser and Swedish :)

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Told my mom I want a new frying pan and spices for christmas. She said sure but due to covid she might not be able to get it in time which I told her would absolutely be fine. So either that or nothing at all. I'm sure I'll get some cash too which is always apreciated