• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone's backlog? I'm curious as to what games people are currently playing to pass this time, as this is probably the quietest Q1 ever in terms of announcements etc.

I've been getting back into OSRS recently by making a new account, I've also been playing a lot of Mordhau.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I seem to jump back into Diablo 3 when new seasons arrive or to try new builds after patches. Same with PoE as well. They keep drawing me back to fill in the dead time.

Also Game Pass is just throwing games at me, so I seem to have plenty of things haha.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
I was playing Indivisble, it was super good, but Smash Summit just happened and got me back into Melee/Ultimate.

It's so hard to play games that aren't smash. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lots of local multi Smash, Killer Queen Black and Invisigun on Switch.

PS4 still pop in with Monster Hunter from time to time.

Xbox we keep going back to Forza.

And yet I keep downloading free games from the Epic game store and never bother to play them.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
HELL YEAH OSRS !!!!! I hecking love RuneScape. As for myself, I have been diving back into Prey (2017)'s excellent Mooncrash expansion. The randomization, and time limit + encroaching difficulty are fun to deal with. It's making me want to do a run-through of Prey on a higher difficulty too. Also been checking out Minit and super passing the time with Into the Breach.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I've been replaying Sekiro, RDR2, and Infinite Warfare the past couple of weeks, though it's mainly been Sekiro. Don't feel the urge to start any of the unplayed games in my collection, though I have Disco Elysium, Kentucky Route Zero, Eliza, and Shibuya Scramble all lined up.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
A lot of Rainbow Six Siege, Apex legends, Hades and Planet Zoo. But I also started Witcher 3 again.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I finished Hexcells (including 60 random puzzles in Hexcells Infinite) recently and only just realized I never finished up CrossCells, so I'm working on that. On the last two puzzles.

Still playing through BotW, trying to finish up the Spring of Power/Courage quests.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
What's everyone's backlog? I'm curious as to what games people are currently playing to pass this time, as this is probably the quietest Q1 ever in terms of announcements etc.

I've been getting back into OSRS recently by making a new account, I've also been playing a lot of Mordhau.

Yakuza serie.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
FFXIV 5.2 and Disco Elysium

Though these aren't really backlog games for me and DE is so fucking good I didn't even know

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Way too much Apex Legends, mostly.

I'm also a good portion of the way into Disco Elysium and I mess with Hades whenever there's an update. On the tip, I booted up Scourgebringer tonight and it seems pretty cool.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I finished Pokemon Shield a few days ago. It was extremely fun to be honest and a good way to pass the time.

I'm now playing through Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze again and enjoying my time with it. I'm stuck on Bobopolis at the moment!

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Been getting deep into Dreams at the moment and just bought Jedi fallen order so I'll be playing this next. I'm also still in the process of finishing Dragon Quest and Resident Evil 2. That's the current top of my backlog but just like an iceberg, it runs pretty deep so I've got plenty to get on with until the next big hitters are out.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
HELL YEAH OSRS !!!!! I hecking love RuneScape. As for myself, I have been diving back into Prey (2017)'s excellent Mooncrash expansion. The randomization, and time limit + encroaching difficulty are fun to deal with. It's making me want to do a run-through of Prey on a higher difficulty too. Also been checking out Minit and super passing the time with Into the Breach.
Im actually working on a Tutorial Island remake on Dreams, speaking of OSRS.

also, I bought Darksiders Genesis recently and I'm officially gonna start that tomorrow so that. Outside of that, I've mostly just been playing Dreams and Dead by Daylight lol

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As I sit lorn awaiting Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I am:

- Slowly working my way through Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Playing Dreams every other night or so
- Catching up on point and click adventure games in my Steam backlog each night in bed until I fall šŸ’¤šŸ˜“ asleep

Once AC: NH finally graces us I will say goodbye to the sun for several days and consume nothing but delivery pizza.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I have cleared a large chunk of my 2019 backlog plus a few older gems since the start of the year;

Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake and 4
The Outer Worlds
Control
Metro Exodus (I uninstalled as i was not enjoying it)
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Final Fantasy 7 (Thank god for the switch as I have started this game on four different occasions on four different platforms and finally finished it)

I jump into Modern Warfare and Destiny 2 for fun and will be getting back into the Division shortly.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
A bunch of smaller games. Just this week I finished Shiren the Wanderer Vita, Atelier Ayesha Plus, Tetris Effect, and Journey.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I used some gold points on the Switch eShop to get Starlink for Ā£9. I've played about 6 hours - I love the presentation, aesthetics, and the way the ships control. The integration of the Star Fox team is pretty great, too.

That being said, the whole business model they stuck with for it is ridiculous and obviously crippled any chance the game had at succeeding, but on top of that, after about 3 hours, I'd done every activity the game had to offer. I'm not even doing variations of those activities - whether it's towers or Primes or scanning missions or clearing outposts, it's all been the same stuff with copy/paste layouts. So I am enjoying the basics of it, and I think there's a potentially excellent game there, but it's lost behind the business model and the repetitive game structure. I'd like to see what Ubisoft Toronto could do with Star Fox with oversight and development co-operation from Nintendo, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Once I've cleared the campaign and Star Fox missions, I'm going back to Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the side story expansion and to finish my Blue Lions route, and I'll be dipping back into Dragon Quest XI S for Act 3 of that game. At some point I'll try and clear some of the shorter games in my Switch backlog, especially with Animal Crossing on the horizon (no pun intended).

In terms of my actual Switch backlog, it goes something like: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD, Dragon Quest III, Valkyria Chronicles, Sega Ages Phantasy Star, Golf Story, Undertale, The Messenger, Forgotton Anne, Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, What Remains of Edith Finch, Sushi Striker: Way of Sushido, plus the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 and the DK expansion for Mario + Rabbids.

My big problem is that I've spent the bulk of my time this year on Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem, but I did get a couple of short games from the backlog done (Transistor and Mega Man 11).

Armitage

Jan 30, 2020
I've been making a pretty focused effort at finally clearing my backlog of physical non BC 360 games.
Anything I haven't played by the time next gen rolls around, gets donated.
All digital from now on!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My next biggie is gonna be the dual release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Doom Eternal on March 20. I'm also picking up Granblue Fantasy Versus on March 3 but my excitement toward it is more of a minor level.

In the meantime, I'm playing lots of multiplayer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare; trying to finally finish 100%-ing Doom 2016 by revisiting levels and finishing all the challenges and getting all the collectibles one map at a time; playing through the updated classic Doom I and II ports on my Switch; poking at my Dragon Quest XIS playthrough a couple of hours at a time; and dabbling in "post-game" side quest, DLC, and open-world shenanigans in Breath of the Wild that I never did before. I finished all the Shrines back during my launch playthrough, just wandering and finding Koroks and doing some of the DLC stuff slowly.

parski

Nov 13, 2017
I thought this was a time-killing game thread. I've played many hours of Konami Pixel Puzzle on iOS.

If this is the "what are you currently playing" thread that it seems to be then I'm doing Final Fantasy IX. Approaching disc three. It's great.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I used some gold points on the Switch eShop to get Starlink for Ā£9. I've played about 6 hours - I love the presentation, aesthetics, and the way the ships control. The integration of the Star Fox team is pretty great, too.

That being said, the whole business model they stuck with for it is ridiculous and obviously crippled any chance the game had at succeeding, but on top of that, after about 3 hours, I'd done every activity the game had to offer. I'm not even doing variations of those activities - whether it's towers or Primes or scanning missions or clearing outposts, it's all been the same stuff with copy/paste layouts. So I am enjoying the basics of it, and I think there's a potentially excellent game there, but it's lost behind the business model and the repetitive game structure. I'd like to see what Ubisoft Toronto could do with Star Fox with oversight and development co-operation from Nintendo, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Once I've cleared the campaign and Star Fox missions, I'm going back to Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the side story expansion and to finish my Blue Lions route, and I'll be dipping back into Dragon Quest XI S for Act 3 of that game. At some point I'll try and clear some of the shorter games in my Switch backlog, especially with Animal Crossing on the horizon (no pun intended).

In terms of my actual Switch backlog, it goes something like: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD, Dragon Quest III, Valkyria Chronicles, Sega Ages Phantasy Star, Golf Story, Undertale, The Messenger, Forgotton Anne, Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, What Remains of Edith Finch, Sushi Striker: Way of Sushido, plus the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 and the DK expansion for Mario + Rabbids.

My big problem is that I've spent the bulk of my time this year on Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem, but I did get a couple of short games from the backlog done (Transistor and Mega Man 11).

I recommend Golf Story from your backlog. Good length, super charming game.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider yesterday and plan on starting Shadow of the Tomb Raider today before they lapse on game pass. I might not get any new games this year until after the summer, when patches might have straighten out imperfections

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I finally went back and finished the DLC for AC: Odyssey - which ended up being longer than many full games. Now I'm going to clear a couple short games from my backlog - Eliza, Nordlicht, and Luna: The Shadow Dust.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
PS4-Backlog:
Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5

PS4-bucketlist:
Yakuza 6
MegaMan Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
Judgement
Days Gone
Ice Age: Scrats Nutty Adventure
Meteo Exodus
Streets of Rage 4
Medievil 2 (i belive in the rumors)
Doom Eternal
Last of Us Part II
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 7

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing through Yakuza 7 (amazing game btw) and just wrapped that up after 130 hours this week. Next up will be: Resident Evil 2 (remake) replay for RE3 Remake, Doom 3 lost? levels (only part of the PS4 release I've not cleared yet), Doom 2016 (replay ready for Eternal), Until Dawn, Ridge Racer 2 (PSP). None of this should take all that long to finish.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Just got into this gen proper late last year so I'm playing the games missed. Currently, Kingdom Hearts 3 is one of the main ones.

Dlanor A. Knox

ā–² Legend ā–²
Apr 6, 2018
the quiet Q1 was convenient, I could finally play through the yakuza remasters, i'm now nearing the end of yakuza 5 and will immediatly follow with yakuza 6 and maybe play RE7 since it's been in my backlog for quite some time and it's short.

I'm also playing FFXIV now that 5.2 is out, once i'm done with yakuza & ffxiv the big releases will start coming out.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Dreams, just Dreams. If it didn't exist, I'd keep reducing my backlog. Now I'm not, and it's not a problem at all :P

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Dragon Quest XI right now. Waiting in the wings is Outer Wilds and Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Although I know it is only a matter of time before I get Dark Souls Remastered (AGAIN)

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Just started playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Beside that I'm regularly playing Crash Team Racing: Nitro-fueled.