• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just being able to see friends... I haven't seen anyone I'm really close with since Christmas. Just been rough... though light at the end of the tunnel. My family is all hard quarantining for next few weeks, getting tested, and then meeting up for an isolated beach house week... we do it every year, and I just can't wait to hug my parents and see my nephews and my BRAND new niece... Just want to be able to see everyone.

My friends are fairly close, we connect as best we can, but it looks like I won't get to see any of them for quite some time.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Being annoying of crowded space just because of how crowded it is and not having to worry about my life.

Oct 25, 2017
Movies. We went to the movies all the time. Beyond that there's not much stuff that I liked that was significantly affected by it. The main thing though is just the simple things like going to the store without a sense of paranoia and hurry. I'd love to be able to go somewhere to just get one thing, or to browse.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
seeing my friends and family. i got my wife who's keeping me sane, though. couldn't imagine what this would be like if i was single with no roomates.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Movies for sure. Especially now that I've moved to a spot with one within walking distance.

But DJ gigs take the cake. Getting to share new music in a proper environment has always been extremely cathartic over the last couple years and it really sucks not having it anymore.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
I don't really miss going out. Mrs. McKnight and our son miss going to visit family and running errands. I've been out to take people to see homes, masked and gloved up w/social distancing. I'm high risk so I am pretty ok with being away from people. I have always disliked people standing too close, for instance, when I'm picking up Mrs. McKnight's coffee. Now when I've got a young college kid within 2 feet of me, and they're unmasked, yeah I go on a bit of a rant on them. It is rural Arkansas afterall, so what should I expect.

Crap, I've been asking myself about that in this region for too long (so, what should I expect). Planning to move out of the region once we're passed the pandemic.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Concerts/Festivals. I had a show in mind I was gonna propose to GF this summer. Now I gotta think of something else.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
My friends and my extended family.

Even for a wretched introvert like myself, the isolation is grating. I live with someone who's seriously at-risk if they contract the virus, so I can't visit anyone without feeling guilty.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Very little, really. I'm a homebody as it is, and so is my wife. However, my son has autism and ADHD and my daughter is four, so we mostly miss them going to school or spending more time visiting their grandma so we can get a break.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I dunno. I just want to take public transit to work, chat with my coworkers, grab lunch with my coworkers, hit the gym, take public transit back, stroll into the grocery store, grab some random supplies for dinner, chat with my neighbors, and have dinner with my SO without the entire process feeling like I'm navigating a minefield.

Instead I'll stay cooped up in my apartment all day, work from my office, scour the fridge and cabinets for a makeshift meal, put on a mask before going for a walk, avoid people by six feet on my walk, get a text from my neighbor that she's using the backyard for a social distance hangout, and just sit inside until I end up having a drink or two.

Just want mundane normalcy back, honestly.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D&D

I miss going to the local game store and watching or playing. Playing online is fine but it's just not the same.

Shit bums me out.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Not worrying about catching this disease.

I know this is going to sound insane but the only "good" thing about my husband getting it from his idiot co-workers at work (husband is an essential worker) is that at least now he and I know we survived having coronavirus.

It's a weird sort of relief to know that at least it didn't kill us, even if my husband does have lung damage from it.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not the most, but I'm a little down that I'll never go out for karaoke again for a long long time, if ever.
Tiny room, lots of people, alcohol, shotgunning spit in the air while singing, passing a microphone around - yeah, that ain't happening anytime soon.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I know this is going to sound insane but the only "good" thing about my husband getting it from his idiot co-workers at work (husband is an essential worker) is that at least now he and I know we survived having coronavirus.

It's a weird sort of relief to know that at least it didn't kill us, even if my husband does have lung damage from it.
Same here. I'm recovered from it so im happy it's over and have some immunity over it.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Drinking and dining out at restaurants and bars.

Being able to go outside and run errands without having to wear a mask.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I miss not having to listen to my coworkers bitch and moan constantly about wearing masks that they dont even wear properly anyways.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I really miss eating out. Loved going for a cycle after work to grab food in town with pals. Really miss it.

Conversely I thought I would really miss the pub and drinking but I really haven't at all.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Doing whatever and not thinking about it

Day trips on the weekends

Just going shopping without everyone being edgy

Oct 28, 2017
The movies
Concerts
Traveling
Going out to bars/eat

But the lack of these has saved me tons of money, which is probably good.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Seeing movies in theaters and eating at restaurants. That's about it. I've adjusted to working at home, working out at home, all that. I do miss seeing family more often, but we now have FaceTime calls almost every other day so that's not that hard of a hit.

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
Getting slip opened ... like a coconut. (Was watching Sunny).
But seriously eating out and hook ups.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I miss the fuckin cluubbbbbbb and going out dancing every weekend! :( Online parties just don't hit the same

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I miss going for walks on park trails (too easy to get accidentally cornered) and going for jogs in the neighborhood (too much hassle avoiding others).

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
The one thing I miss is the cinema.

I can live without concerts and I never went out to bars/clubs anyway.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Spontaneity. Being able to just say "you know what, I'm going to go to a restaurant" and just sit down in a damn restaurant. Go to the movies. Hang out with friends at a museum. Meeting people in a club. Not having to worry about staying away from other people. Going to work without a mask.

The ability to actually plan for the future, too. Right now I'm basically stuck in a holding pattern.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It's just my wife and I (no kids), and our main things we would do for fun are travel, eat at restaurants, and go to movies.
I realize we are both very luck to still be employed, and a lot of people have it way worse than we do. But it still sucks that all those things are just done now. Had so many cool trips planned (and in some cases purchased) for this year, and that is all just completely blown up.
Plus both of our families live across the country, no clue when we will see them again.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I miss baseball. I miss the crack of the bat. I miss pitchers intentionally hitting batters because fuck those batters. I miss Tom Hamilton's to-the-second updates on whether or not a ball is indeed gone.

Trying to play this season is still madness.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1) Going out to dinner with friends - I so desperately want to be able to just share a meal and some drinks with people and talk about stupid bullshit. We try and do this over video chats and etc, but it just isn't the same at all. On those things only one person can talk at a time, instead of breaking organically into side conversations, and it just really stifles the flow.
2) Conventions - I go to 4-5 conventions a year for anime/board games/RPGs. This year I made it to one in January and that'll probably be it? That bums me out so bad, because those are some of my favorite weekends, and are great times to spend with friends from out of town. I'm glad that they're all canceling, because if I had the opportunity to go to one, it'd be real tempting so I'm very glad they're making the choice for everyone.
3) Playing board games or tabletop RPGs with friends. My partner plays plenty of video games with me, but isn't so much into board games. And RPGs are generally a thing for 5 or 6 people to get together and play. So I've got this big shelf of games just stagnating and that makes me very sad.