• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Movies or music?

• Movies

Votes: 113 45.2%
  • Music

Votes: 137 54.8%

• Total voters

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Would you consider yourself to be into movies or music more? I was considering adding video games to this poll, but this is a gaming forum so I think that would skew things. Personally I'm much more into film history, and it's much easier for me to go through an actor or director's filmography than a musician's discography. What about you?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I listen to music more than i watch movies.
I don't really favour one over the other i think.
Listening to music is just easier to do while doing something else as well.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Music, I guess. I absolutely love a good movie, but I really don't watch that many. Maybe one or two a month.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Music. I'm always listening to music, and playing music, and reading about music and talking about music...and wishing I could go see some live music. Maybe I'll watch a couple movies a month, but I'll listen to dozens of hours of music per week.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Good question. I love the art of movies so I'd pick that, but I do love music to listen to daily for more than one reason.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I have a hard time finding new movies Im interested, mostly into horror.

But music? Its like food, I need it everyday.

Monday is Spotify discover weekly. I have playlists for moods, yard work, driving, sleep. Usually have headphones or earbuds on around the house.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I go through "cycles".

Like I'll have a month long music kick, then a month long movie kick, then a month long video game kick, and then go back to the month long music kick lol.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
If I absolutely had to pick it would be movies. I watch more movies than I listen to music. I have movies going 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Meanwhile I listen to music probably a few songs a day and occasionally a full album here or there during the week.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'll go with movies. I've bought more films than I've bought albums, I'm more excited about films than I'm about albums, I've recommended other people more films than albums etc.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much time I spend consuming either I'm going to say music.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Films, but that's mainly because I've worked from home for so long that my main music-listening opportunities (driving and sitting on a train or plane) have all but vanished. I only really listen to music when I'm exercising these days.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Both really enrich your life! I listen to music way more, but watching a good movie is fantastic.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
More knowledgeable about film but I would sooner give up film than music.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
music is life.

i honestly find it kind of hard to take movies seriously, so many of them seem silly and just not very convincing. all the super hero stuff, Nolan movies, new Star Wars trilogy etc... just meh to me. i want to love sci-fi but even most sci-fi disappoints me, its so often full of really bad cringey human drama (looking at you Gravity, Interstellar, Arrival..)

last movie i loved was... uhhmm... maybe Annihilation. might be because it had such good music :P before that it was the film version of The Road, i dunno why but i found it quite gripping, watched it twice even, which i never ever do.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
movies for sure. im assuming im in the minority, but i barely listen to music now a days. i default to podcast or something when i just need audio

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Reading Sci-Fi novels and other types of novels using my Kindle would have been my pick but seeing as reading wasn't an option I picked Music. I don't watch a movie when I am having a shower or doing the dishes. Or just faffing about on Era. Movies are specific actions - as in I choose to set aside time and this will be my whole activity. Music can fit in all other times really.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I love movies but for some reason bringing myself to have a chunk of time taken out of what I'm doing that day is relatively hard for me, while music I can listen to plenty while I do other things. I would probably say I'm more into music.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Films, but that's mainly because I've worked from home for so long that my main music-listening opportunities (driving and sitting on a train or plane) have all but vanished. I only really listen to music when I'm exercising these days.

This had a huge impact on me as well. Working from home eliminated a minimum of 45 minutes of daily listening.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I have no idea how to answer this, don't think I've ever tried to compared it like this. I guess I would say I listen to music more often than I watch movies, but I talk about movies a lot more than I talk about music... Actually I barely talk about music at all.

Huh. I really have no idea.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Music in my teens and 20s, movies now.

I don't seek out new tunes and just play the same stuff I've enjoyed for many decades.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been into music for years, other than the odd album here and there, ever since I switched to podcasts for my commute.

Movies are a weekly thing for me and my wife.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
If I absolutely had to pick it would be movies. I watch more movies than I listen to music. I have movies going 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Meanwhile I listen to music probably a few songs a day and occasionally a full album here or there during the week.
Wow really do you mostly rewatch movies?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely movies. Used to be a fairly big watcher before the pandemic. I've started getting back into it a bit. I guess not as big as some people as I have no interest in getting a subscription for movies or music.
My music-listening habits have totally fallen apart during this pandemic. I listen to nearly no music on a daily basis as opposed to some pre-pandemic.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Im not sure. I listen to music more often but I think i appreciate a good film more so.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said in here, I listen to music more often (because I can do that while I work/walk) but I connect much more with movies so they're my favourite.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Movies easily. I almost never listen to music, driving is podcasts and it's too distracting to be background noise. I usually watch several movies a week.