• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Loved the X360 charge pack and wasn't sure what to get for the Series X. Noticed Amazon had a range of packs and stands but wasn't sure which one was best. I'd rather throw the battery in a stand and put it back in the controller and swap them out.

Amazon.com: [2021 Upgraded] 2800mAh Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack, Rapthor High-capacity Ni-MH Xbox Controller Battery with Fast Charger, for Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X/Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller: Electronics

Amazon.com: [2021 Upgraded] 2800mAh Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack, Rapthor High-capacity Ni-MH Xbox Controller Battery with Fast Charger, for Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X/Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller: Electronics

I would probably prefer ones that go in and out easier but whatever holds the best charge would work.

Is there no official solution that isn't the play and charge?

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
AA battery charger. The charge kits I've seen all have lower mAh than my AA rechargeables although your ones look good! Maybe I'll switch.

What I'd like to see is a stand that holds more than 2 controllers as I have 3 and might get another at some point.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
One has eneloops the other has a XSX play and charge kit. I use my Switch charger to charge it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
AA battery charger. I have some Eneloops (and some variants made in the same factory since they all have similar capacities) that I slap in and rotate every time they die. Going the Eneloop(like) route will net you longer battery life than the play/charge packs.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Eneloops all day every day.

Have a bunch charging at the wall. Whenever the ones on the controllers die I just swap them. It literally takes 5 seconds. 100% wireless all the time. Much prefer this over a built in non- removable battery.

OP
OP
draculabyte

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I think I will try both solutions, are the pro eneloops worth it?

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
OP
OP
draculabyte

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
First post is the correct answer.

Just get yourself some good rechargeable AAs and a charger. Enjoy never having to plug in your controller again.
Yeah, I don't like plugging them in and the PS4/5 I also don't care for the stand honestly but it is what it is.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP says they dont like the the rechargeable AA route. It really is the way to go though. I have like 8 of em charged all the time so it's nice to just drop in some fresh charged ones vs waiting for a controller to charge.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Xbox One play and charge kit working fine for me. Once I found a USB C charging cable. Thanks for including that with the PS5, Sony.

Concrete1337

Sep 1, 2020
Eneloops or amazon rechargeables with a maha charger for my Xbox controllers. It's been years on these eneloops and I still got 30+ hours.

Just got a ps5 after skipping the 4. Dual sense is a nice controller but that battery life and charging sucks.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It feels weird using AAs on a controller. Haven't done this since high school for X360. Thankfully my charging pack shipped today, though I wish it came in white since I got a Series S...

OP
OP
draculabyte

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Not seeing the message others are seeing myself, probably hit the que too early or something

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Eneloops. They last a long time and I always have the spares ready to go.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Since I have the Elite Series 2, I use the case.

Before the Elite controller was a thing I always wired up my controller since I gutted mine to make it lighter.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I sold my Xbox One S but kept both Play & Charge kits. The batteries are compatible with the Series X/S controllers, so I just use my phone charger with a USB-C cable. Works beautifully and lasts for a ridiculously long time.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
No point in getting a charge pack, just get rechargeable batteries.

Also, Eneloops are a bad purchase considering you get similar results from the Ikea or Amazon batteries at much lower costs. You'll be paying a premium for nothing, people here should really stop perpetuating the myth that Eneloops are king as they're just not as good a deal as some of the alternatives.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Having just moved across from Sony the Eneloops I have bought, having seen recommendations on era, are a revelation. It takes seconds to swap and they last for ages. No more being shackled to a charging cable while I play.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
BT06028-40.jpg

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got the charge pack for series X, but it's weird, I never know when it's fully charged, there's no light indication or anything

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I regret not getting regular AA rechargeables. I got a play and charge kit and the stupid battery isn't charging or holding its charge. It's damn infuriating. On the bright side the cable let's me play tethered and I don't sit that far from the screen 6 feet so it works for now. I filed a return to MS though and am gonna order a replacement.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
I use the BEBONCOOL one you posted in the OP. I bought it originally for Xbox One, but they transferred over to the new controllers, no problem.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I bought this because i couldn't find Sonys Charging station anywhere and this works for both PS5 and Series X controllers

Amazon.com: NexiGo Universal Controller Charging Station for Playstation 5 PS5 / Xbox/Switch Pro, Dual Type-C Controller Charger Dock with LED Indicator, Charging Dock for Two Controllers: Electronics

Amazon.com: NexiGo Universal Controller Charging Station for Playstation 5 PS5 / Xbox/Switch Pro, Dual Type-C Controller Charger Dock with LED Indicator, Charging Dock for Two Controllers: Electronics