• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I requested an off day, so will be home ready for it to arrive. Even if I wasn't there'd likely be someone at home able to sign for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckers put a big package right infront of my porch.

Not even the little alley where my door is and it hides everything. Its like 2 feet away.

NOOOOOOOOOO. It's gotta be right at the front of the porch where you can see it from across the street. Fuckers. I cant trust them.

So yeah, taking a few days off.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I work from home right now, so I'm just trying to pick it up from the distribution center that morning. If I can't, packages at my complex are dropped at a locker, so I should be aight.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
Posties here in Australia are pretty famous for leaving you a how to collect card without even ringing the doorbell..

in saying that I'll be collecting mine from my local EB games once they open.

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Brazil here.

E aĂ­ camarada!
What he is saying is that in the US they do not come back another day to deliver if the person is not at home.
They leave the package at the door!
I'm from SĂŁo Paulo, and to my knowledge here deliveries require a person to receive and sign.
Yeah, it's very uncommon to just drop without a sign here, just small packages, but still very rare.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
I work 10 minutes from home. As soon as I get the nest doorbell or fed ex delivery notice I'm walking out of my job to take it inside.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been working from home since March due to Covid, so I'm going to be home when the PS5 arrives. It's more a matter of the delivery person being able to get into the building to deliver the package. Sometimes the manager isn't in the office, and only rarely does the delivery person actually come up to the apartment to knock on my door. Lately, the Amazon delivery person has been leaving my packages outside of my apartment door, which has been great.

I'll be watching the tracking like a hawk, and hopefully they'll call or message me. I've never pre-ordered a console from Best Buy before, so I'm not sure what to expect from the timeliness/reliability of their delivery service.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
My company is WFH til at minimum Spring 2021. Only difference is I'll probably work downstairs or out on the porch with a portable AC if it's warm (South FL)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Order the consoles directly via drones to the inside or the backyard of the house. Oh wait what happened tot hat concept?

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm sorry...I can't relate to this issue but it sucks that this is still a reality in some parts of the world!

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Picking mine up in store because Australia and we're not plague ridden. That said our postman is shit, he just leaves stuff in his van for a week or two until it builds up, then comes out to the rural area where we live when he has to due to space. No post at all for two weeks now, expecting a shitload on Monday or Tuesday.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
I work from home and the Alexa/phone notification for the delivery is pretty much instantaneous. And absolute worst case scenario, my neighbor has cameras that cover a decent chunk of my lawn and driveway

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a neighborhood where thankfully I don't have to really worry about that, but nevertheless I'll be home that day anyways (if it comes on release day) so I'll wait around for the delivery driver to show up.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I am working from home. And if I wasn't, I'd take the day off. And if I couldn't, I'd call in sick. Not risking my consoles walking away. If be pissed.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I work entirely from home, and I have the day off for each console (one happens to just fall on a day off anyways). Picking up my XSX from Best Buy whenever I wake up on the 10th. Assuming my PS5 arrives via UPS, I'll use their 'Follow My Delivery' thing to know when to be ready for it.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is just a US or maybe North American problem? We don't get deliveries left on the doorstep in the UK. We have to sign for it. In the case of Covid, due to contactless deliveries, the courier only leaves it if someone answers the door. And even then they take a picture of the box they're delivering.

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that a courier left someone's $5000+ Mac Pro on their porch. If that was stolen, who's liable?

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I've had it sent to a friends house who is working from home at the moment who can take it in for me.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I work in a small office (less than 15 people) and we are allowed to have personal package delivered there, so I'm all set :D

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
So weird to me that packages are just left outside in the US. In the UK they take it to the depot if you're not in.

What's kind of crazy is that UPS and FedEX used to require signatures but over the years they moved away from it. Now everything from small packages to TVs just get dropped off at your doorstep.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-downsized.gif

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Assuming my covid test is all good, I'll be home and quarantined for two weeks starting Tuesday. I'm more worried about it being marked as a missing parcel...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Just to get this straight, in US they just let your $500 package at the doorstep?

Here if there's nobody home (3 times) you need to pick it up at the closest post office.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Just to get this straight, in US they just let your $500 package at the doorstep?

Here if there's nobody home (3 times) you need to pick it up at the closest post office.
That is how it is in the US as well but most have opted into allowing them to leave packages that don't require signature.
I'd be happy if they left it on my doorstep. Imagine having your package outside your property, 150ft from your door but just 20ft from the street. My delivery people refuse to open my gate and come into the property because I have a dog warning sign posted at the entrance. If your loud truck isn't met with barking before you even park, my dog is not outside. You're safe.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
I live at 18, on the street side there as a 18A.
The mail men will not even delver it at 18, they will either force it on 18A (even if I need to sign for it) or send it back claiming my address does not exist D:
My iPhone 12 Pro had me camping outside 18A :P For PS5 I chose in-store pickup, even with covid

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I took the day off. Living in NYC it's necessary if I don't want it stolen. Package theft has been up in my neighborhood this past month already, and you know there's going to be multiple groups patrolling across the city looking for packages that day. Sony Direct uses FedEx and depending on the driver, they just leave packages on the steps without ringing. My laptop required a signature, and the dude just left it there. I'm going to be on lookout all day lmao.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
I will leave the package thief a 20% tip and clap when i come home to see no ps5 on the doorstep.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not be at work. Lol. I've got the 10th off and the 12th-14th off. So hopefully my systems show up then.

Theron

Oct 28, 2017
No problem. They deliver to my door in the evening (after work hours) with a 30 minutes notice before they arrive. If for some reason I'm not home they take the package back with them, and I have to arrange a new day for delivery or pick it up myself at the local post office.

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Sometime ago I saw videos of these thieves caught on camera, simply disgusting.
Out of curiosity, was package stealing always a thing?

Here if there's nobody home you need to pick it up at the closest post office (They try to deliver it 3 times)

The only thing that sucks is that sometimes the delivery man wants to get home earlier and writes that "Nobody was home" LOL

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am always baffled to see they just put the package on the doorstep and just leave in the US.