• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Got a nice hotel downtown (Chicago), going to eat at a really nice French restaurant and have a fun weekend doing things we don't normally do.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
In British English there is, "friend" or "female friend" - non romantic, "girlfriend" - romantic.
The American "girlfriend" thing is a weird outlier.
That depends on location and age to some degree as well though.

All my life, "girlfriend" meant you were dating. It wasn't until recently that "girlfriend" meant anything else to me and even then it was just friends between girls. If I had a female friend, I simply call them "friend". That's informed my outlook so much, I didn't even realize there might be confusion about what I said.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably a pair of those Converse Commes Des Garcons shoes that she's been asking for ever since I bought myself a pair last month. She's a French teacher and loves basically anything with hearts on it so it seems right up her alley lol.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
A Switch game case that looks like a Pokedex, and a pack of Sailor Moon themed tarot cards.

She's a big fan of Pokemon and Sailor Moon.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure yet. Usually I'm pretty on it, but I'm drawing a bit it a blank this year.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I have the first Valentine's Day ever (with a girlfriend) with my girlfriend and I don't know what to do or what to get her

Any tips?

Get flowers and something else thoughful. And don't be a rookie and order day of, order in advance for pickup or delivery. Valentines Day is like the Black Friday of Flowers.

Also some of y'all are way too cynical about valentine's day. It's a stupid holiday and a particularly bad day to go out to eat, but at least do something for your significant other and it doesn't have to be just blindly supporting corporate bullshit

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
You got that right. I ain't getting nobody nothing. Birthdays and aniversaries only.
So I hovered over your name because you reminded me of the 5 taquitos user and then I noticed this:

27 burritos
account started 27th Dec
post count is 27.

I don't know what this all means but I think it's something.

also, I don't have an SO so I'm gonna get myself something.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
We're going to the New England Aquarium Valentine's day event, That's A Moray, on the 8th. We're going to a wedding on the 10th, and staying the night in the hotel, and taking the 11th off.

I figure a few good dates and a day off together, without kids, will do the trick.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Wife and I very much think its a complete sham so shes getting this card, I'm getting something either similar or breathtakingly vomit inducing.

Then we're going out for 5 guys as is our tradition since we went to see Deadpool on valentines day and also got 5 guys. Last year our valentines day was in may. This year its this friday.
il_570xN.1395146892_jb7k.jpg

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing special because neither of us care about gifting. We're long distance and am instead planning for a romantic vacation in Cape Town.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Probably a pair of those Converse Commes Des Garcons shoes that she's been asking for ever since I bought myself a pair last month. She's a French teacher and loves basically anything with hearts on it so it seems right up her alley lol.

Yeah, francophones love anything with hearts on it

:D Very good idea though, my wife loves my Converse X Commes De Garcons too. But she wouldn't want us in matching outfits.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All relationships i had ended before or after valentines day funnily enough i never experienced valentines ever together with someone.

So it will be the good ol me.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Flowers and a Pizza. It's Tradition.
But December to February is a hard time for me.
Christmas, anniversary, her birthday and then valentine's day in a row.....poor wallet

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
A champagne breakfast and hot air balloon ride. I promised her something good as cash was a little tight for Xmas and couldn't get her much.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm getting her a bottle of chocolate liqueur and she's getting my a bottle of Rum Chata to mix with it.
And we're going out for a meal at the weekend.