• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
All I've gotten sofar is a nice LEGO set for my sister and brother in law, but I'm completely frozen in what to get my mother and father.

My mom doesn't really have any hobbies, she's a nurse manager for a series of mathadone clinics and mostly just plays solitaire and reads Reddit at home. She wants to start quilting but hasn't taken the plunge and basically sits on Youtube watching videos on quilting - - but she doesn't think she has the time to actually take the plunge and has been sputtering getting going on it, so while I think it's a good touchstone for a gift I don't think she's ready for anything.

My dad is even worse. He likes having affairs and the new york giants and bob dylan and that's p much it, and I've totally tapped the music angle previous years.

The girlfriend is actually easy and I don't need help with that one at least.

I don't know, what is everyone else doing for Christmas presents? I want to be thoughtful and coming up with nothings : (

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Get your dad a subscription to Ashley Madison

OP
OP
Robin

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like, I could find my mother a nice artbook about quilts and then something home-y but whenever I try to get something that's home goods-y for someone who isn't myself it feels like such a crapshoot trying to really understand someone elses taste, and I feel like if my mom wanted something she'd buy it for herself.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
We stopped giving each other gifts because it's stressful and we just buy stuff we want during the year anyway. Best Christmas gift i ever got was no gifts.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My daughter wants BTS Korean boy band shit. She has never once listened to kpop at home.

Oct 27, 2017
Really wanted to get my sister some Baby Yoda stuff but I think I waited too long for anything on Etsy and there's nowhere else.

Mom was easy. Girlfriend is easy. Still not sure what to get my dad but literally anything will do. Sister's fiance nothing yet but he's not hard, I just need to pull the trigger.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Nothing, just get gifts for my kids and nephew these days. In my experience adults getting other adults gifts has always been terrible, it's usually just wasting money on things people really dont care about or gag gifts.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
We've transitioned into giving gifts to the kids now, so getting presents for each other is lower priority.
I still do it, but it's little things like personalised mugs, chocolates, gift boxes with tea or whatever. Nice little things.

Right now I'm stressing out over what to get all the kids, I have way too many nieces and nephews now :(

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I got my wife a bunch of maternity tops. She's pregnant with our 2nd child so maternity clothes that screams "HEY I'M PREGNANT EVERYBODY" is sorta her thing right now.

My son is into Lego everything. Lego sets, video games, movies, etc. He loves Lego.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Getting my SO a carrying bag for her Silloute machine, a clip light to use while sewing, and a new tumbler. Simple things I know she has been wanting/needing. I hate gift cards and holiday cards and try to never resort to them.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Signing my wife and I up for ballroom dancing lessons. Got her parents and aunt those coyote vests/hawk guards for their little yorkies.
Maybe an updated kindle?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps as a stocking stuffer, look into adult coloring books. I got a couple for my mom along with gel pens (her preferred means of coloring though she goes through them quick).

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
For my mom I got her piano tuned. She hasn't played in ages and now doesn't want to because it sounds bad. For my dad, some nice coffee and maybe a spotify premium gift card so he can skip some ads in 2020

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
My present will be a card saying "I haven't dropped out of graduate school yet despite really, really wanting to. You're welcome."

I'm mostly joking; my family has been super supportive. They understand that I haven't been able to really think about anything but school. Having me spend time with them during the holidays is enough.

I did get my sister a collection of Keroppi products. She fucking loves Keroppi.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dad already gave me and my GF our Christmas gifts. We got a set of baskets and he gave me a pair of ridiculously nice and expensive dress shoes. Our gift to him will be visiting him for a week around New Years and just doing whatever he wants.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Got my mom an Instant Pot, she doesn't really like cooking anymore but with that she'll be able to do a variety of quick and good meals. Not sure what I'm giving my brother and sister yet, maybe some Nintendo eShop giftcards + some shit for my sister's cat.

If everything goes right I might be able to pay for my bro's college education, but it's dependent on something I don't control. Might be able to tell him by Christmas, but I'm keeping my mouth shut until it's set in stone. Don't want to become my dad and make empty promises.

Magni

I get my wife what she asks me for. This year, a wallet and a key holder.

My brother and his fiancée don't want any physical goods (pretty big trend in France against consumerism), so I donated to the Rainforest Trust in their name.

I usually get a book for my mom, but she recently purchased some jewelry and offered me to pitch in as her gift.

My daughter (~2) is getting books and toys.

I'm getting a scarf from my wife. No idea about the rest of the family. I don't really want anything 🤷‍♂️

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Mom- likes the Cheatriots, got her a necklace with their logo and the geographical state of MA as a subtle hint to move back home

Dad- likes fart humor, which is always easy to do something with, got him a humor book about farts

Still not sure on my aunt or grandmother. Not getting anyone else jack shit.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Boyfriend and I got my bestie a WĂĽsthof knife set, a bottle of moringa oil for her hair, and piggy cornholders. Bestie and I got my boyfriend a beard grooming kit, some blu-rays, and a Tardis cookie jar.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to start quilting too, the reason why I didnt is that I did not have the material ready. Maybe you can find a good "ready to go" starter set with fabric and instructions?

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'd suggest maybe a subscription/gift box of something they'd like (there are ones for quilting, sports, etc) or food gifts.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Got my girlfriend and instant pot, a framed photo of us at some christmas thing, a replica Marauders Map from Harry Potter and a build it yourself Cinderella's castle kit from Disneyworld.

Got my one sister a couple books on serial killers (that's what she wanted lol) and my other one some chocolates and a hickory farms smoked meat set.

Got my mom Elton John's new book

Still have to get my dad something but I think I'm settling on gift card. Maybe to Tommy Guns hair salon or something

less

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a secret santa with some of my younger relatives. My gift for my brother-in-law will be a nice new copy of War and Peace.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
They're lucky to be getting a call out of courtesy.

My friends however are getting some homemade chocolate truffles.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting my parents kitchen stuff. I also mostly asked for kitchen stuff for Christmas...lol hey it's practical though.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Only you can really know what to get someone you know as far as something meaningful.

In general though, when in doubt- cash/gift cards and alcohol.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
My brother's getting a Blu-ray box set, my parents are getting Christmas cards and money/gift cards, and my cousin and sister just give each other a list of things to choose from and we gift each other.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Adults get small stuff (fancy organic chocolate, novelty socks, coffee mugs), but gifts are mostly for my younger cousins at this point.

My daughter wants BTS Korean boy band shit. She has never once listened to kpop at home.

The BTS Uno cards would make a great stocking stuffer!

Also still fun if it turns out to be a phase

fhZYJLu.png

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Have no clue what to get my toxic, narcissist mother. Everything I get her just sits in her closet.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I like getting food so I always get people food items that they like, maybe make a small basket of related items. $1 stores and World Market are a places I like to shop at to make the gift baskets.