• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which July titles are you buying?

• Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 578 70.9%
  • Deadly Premonition 2

Votes: 120 14.7%
  • Death Stranding (PC)

Votes: 68 8.3%
  • Iron Man VR

Votes: 64 7.9%
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King

Votes: 302 37.1%
  • Destroy All Humans

Votes: 43 5.3%
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

Votes: 19 2.3%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima.

I am interested in Paper Mario, Grounded and Destroy All Humans but I likely won't buy another game until September/October. Of those three I'd pay particularly close attention to Grounded, but my only option there is PC and I generally don't use that much nowadays.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Just GoT.....jealous of all you PC players getting to play Death Stranding for the first time(I already played it on PS4).....game is incredible.....granted you could hate it,it's one of those types of games,lol.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I can't afford any new releases, will eventually get to Ghost and SAO. My once a month game purchase for july was the .Hack collection on PS4, an example of even though I rarely buy new games I still accumulate more than I can realistically get through.
I might be getting the sushi ass creed game. Depends on reception.
Congrats on the racist stereotype. You could at least try coming up with something more creative if you insist on being an ass.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I've got Iron Man pre ordered. I think I'm gonna try to wait til PS5 to play GoT but if it reviews really well I might cave and buy it.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Three games are on my radar but I'll likely only get two as I'm not sure I'll be able to afford all of them in a single month.

Ghost of Tsushima
Fairy Tail
Paper Mario

Paper Mario will probably end up being the one I push off until August or September.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Racism
I can't afford any new releases, will eventually get to Ghost and SAO. My once a month game purchase for july was the .Hack collection on PS4, an example of even though I rarely buy new games I still accumulate more than I can realistically get through.

Congrats on the racist stereotype. You could at least try coming up with something more creative if you insist on being an ass.

Calling tsushima that sounds close to sushi is racist now? Gotcha..

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Just Ghost of Tsushima. Deadly Premonition 2 I might pick up down the line, maybe if they fix the horrible performance issues that were present in the previews.

tokubek

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Pre-ordered Deadly Premonition 2. I saw a little bit of the previews (that framerate tho) but nothing really changed for me, I like the first one that much. Depending on how much money I have available this month I also may pick up Paper Mario.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Goats of Sushi Ma, maybe Grounded, maybe Skater XL, maybe none.
Probably Deadly Premonition 2 if I had a Switch.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
For me, Deadly Premonition 2 and Bloodstaned CoTM 2.

That void terrarium game has my attention but I'm not confident I'll end up buying it since I tend to bounce off Mystery Dungeon-esque games quite hard.

None of the other big releases interest me, sadly. Though I still hope they end up being great experiences for those looking forward to them. GoT really strikes me as a game that could be a little divisive.

lizzardpt

Feb 6, 2019
Just Ghost of Tsushima for me, but I might finally get Deadly Premonition Origins on the Switch.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Deadly Premonition 2. If I did not already have a Switch, that title would have been what convinced me to buy one.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Nothing this month, I'm pretty much done until consoles launching and Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk was the only other game before next gen but with the delay it's backlog time.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Just Ghost of Tsushima as of right now. Between that and some backlog I'm good for pretty much most of the summer.

Cobra

Mar 2, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima and Paper Mario. They are both releasing the same, I don't know which I'll play first.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima wins the battle of the 17th for me, I'll get Paper Mario next month.

Also planning on getting KoF R-2, SamSho collection and Skater XL.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing for me - I'm tempted by GoT but I have too many open world games to play in my backlog.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just Tsushima, I'll wait for reviews on Paper Mario and I can wait for a good sale on Destroy all Humans.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost and Paper Mario are definitely Day 1 for me. The two seem like they'll balance nicely with each other - two totally different vibes. Really excited for both.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be working on the backlog for the rest of the summer so nothing new in July, will be getting Ghost of Tsushima eventually though. Probably first decent discount on PSN (around the holidays perhaps?)

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ghosts of course...but honestly currently more hyped for Deadly Premonition 2. I was looking forward to it regardless, but that IGN gameplay video showed me exactly everything I needed to be completely sold on it. Feels like it's going to be the same zaney, goofy, serious at times, clunky, mysterious crime thriller that the first one is known for and I can't wait to play it.

Last edited:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already bought Deadly Premonition 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, will get Maid of Sker too (might wait for a discount tho), not really planning on getting other July releases other than those (unless there's another interesting indie I forgot about)

FuriousChipmunk

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
Ok so theres a game I want to get but for the life of me I cant remember the name. I believe its JPN only but its this scifi game whose story has been apparently praised to high heaven and I guess the combat is like a tower defense sort of thing? Its killing me that I cant remember its name since I just got paid and want it ><

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Sword Art Online: Alicization is probably the game I'm after the most. But Ghost of Tsushima is a close second. That's crazy to say, but I like the Alicization setting.