• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which July titles are you buying?

• Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 578 70.9%
  • Deadly Premonition 2

Votes: 120 14.7%
  • Death Stranding (PC)

Votes: 68 8.3%
  • Iron Man VR

Votes: 64 7.9%
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King

Votes: 302 37.1%
  • Destroy All Humans

Votes: 43 5.3%
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

Votes: 19 2.3%

• Total voters

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grounded is the one I look forward to the most - the beta was amazing

Possibly Ghosts of Tsushima... doubt it though. Sucker punch open world games have been really bad imo. The Infamous games were just so unispired - and I really tried to like them

Here is hoping Ghosts gameplay is not typical open world.... it does not look hopeful though by the released videos

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing. Maybe Paper Mario if reviews indicate that the combat system isn't terrible like the past two games.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
If I remember correctly, Othercide looked cool! I don't think I'll buy Ghost of Tsushima, I'm buying my first gaming PC this month, I'll probably be broke by next week.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paper Mario definitely, maybe Destroy All Humans too, forgot that was even a thing and coming out soon TBH. But yeah PM alone will suffice, they're usually long games. None of the others there are particularly interesting to me.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Switch
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 and Mr. Driller Drill Land.
PlayStation 4
  • Ghost of Tsushima and maaayy-be Skater XL if it turns out okay.
Xbox One
  • tumbleweed_80_anim_gif.gif

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Grounded is the one I look forward to the most - the beta was amazing

Possibly Ghosts of Tsushima... doubt it though. Sucker punch open world games have been really bad imo. The Infamous games were just so unispired - and I really tried to like them

Here is hoping Ghosts gameplay is not typical open world.... it does not look hopeful though by the released videos

Interested in hearing more on why you don't like the look of GoT, having never played a Sucker Punch game myself. If you don't mind.

TThe combat looks clean and 'simple' to me, which I don't mind. I get the feeling that they're holding quite a bit back, though.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Ghost of Tsushima is the only game I will be buying for sure unless I see a sale on something. I just got a Xbox One X and am catching up on MS first party titles I missed this gen, and I will probably start Gears 5 tomorrow. Not really the same as getting it since it's on Game Pass, but you know, whatever, same shit I guess.

This is me minus the Ghost Purchase. too many gamepass games to have a crack at

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Why am I only hearing about Rogue Legacy 2 now in this thread and why does it look like it's just the first game with HD sprites?

The radio silence is a bit worrying, but maybe the dev is just bad at promotion? That's how it be with indies, sometimes.

I'm sure some of the smaller YouTube/Twitch channels will pick it up and give it an honest go, I'll wait to see how they dig it.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
Destroy All Humans and Ghost of Tsushima.

Everyone get Destroy All Humans please. If it's successful we'll likely get a proper sequel.

Oct 31, 2017
Paper Mario: The Origami King for me! Graphics looks good for me I hope the battle system sticks to me (not feeling it so far based from the trailers)

While waiting for this game, do you have any recommendations which Mario RPG I should play in the 3DS?

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Some free games on EGS, otherwise none. Have enough to last me until next-gen and then some

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Already got GoT ordered and paid for. I like Suckerpunch and the infamous games enough to go in blind on that one.

I'm interested in Paper Mario but it feels more like a "when I get round to it" sort of game than one to run out and buy day one. I only recently played the Bowsers Inside Story 3DS remake so I'm good for those sort of games for now.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima and Destroy All Humans are a must for me. F1 2020 depends on its state at launch.

Death Stranding on PC maybe, if I find a good offer.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Ghost, DP2, Paper Mario, and Crosscode.
I really want to play Rogue Legacy 2 as well, but I'll wait for the inevitable console port.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Paper Mario: The Origami King and, eventually, Ghost of Tsushima.

I need to clear my backlog a bit before that.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Maybe Curse Of The Moon 2. I doubt I'll get Paper Mario unless the reviews/early impressions are gamechanging.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Deadly Premonition 2 and Paper Mario are the big ones for me. I'm also buying Ghost of Tsushima, but that's more because I have 3 weeks off soon and I need something to play, I don't have particularly high hopes for that one.

/edit: oh right, Curse of the Moon 2!

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. Will keep playing Ring Fit Adventure, still have Xenoblade DE to finish, as well as Fire Emblem 3H and I have to study for upcoming exams. I also bought new tires for my bike.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Already pre-purchased:

- Ghost of Tsushima
- Paper Mario and the Origami King

Definitely interested:
- CrossCode
- Neon Abyss
- Destroy all Humans Remake

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Probably Ghost of Tsushima but only if the reviews are good.

Also Trackmania (out today). That is all, I have a massive backlog which I am trying to work through before the PS5 release. Used to love Destroy all Humans on PS2 when I was younger but I don't think it would really hold up as much now.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Probably Ghost of Tsushima but only if the reviews are good.

Also Trackmania (out today). That is all, I have a massive backlog which I am trying to work through before the PS5 release. Used to love Destroy all Humans on PS2 when I was younger but I don't think it would really hold up as much now.
Nice Disco Elysium avatar.

Also, there really should've been an "Other" option for this list. That, and I'm probably not going to get many games coming out this month except for probably Ghost of Tsushima. Too expensive and I'm trying to save my money for other things; chances are, most of my "game money" will be spent on the Steam Summer Sale and that's about it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing this month. Still have to finish Spiderman and The Last of Us Part 2.

I don't plan on getting any more PS4 gets this generation. But if the likes of Assassin's Creed Valhalla doesn't have a PS5 SKU I will get the PS4 version.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interested in hearing more on why you don't like the look of GoT, having never played a Sucker Punch game myself. If you don't mind.

TThe combat looks clean and 'simple' to me, which I don't mind. I get the feeling that they're holding quite a bit back, though.

their previous games open world games have all been very by the number ubi soft open world style games

- collectables/check off boxes/clear camp activities
- markers with "start a mission"
- missions very linear and typical design

nothing exciting or unique about them. Not bad - just meh

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really interests me. Happy to continue with my backlog. Actually not buying anything until XSX release.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Paper Mario and Catherine Full Body for me.

Maybe Deadly Premonition 2, but I don't know, the first is "so bad, it's good, and that a hard thing to do intentionally. Seems more likely it'll end up either just regular bad or maybe decent. Tho the worst possibility is ironically that they made it just regular good.

Oct 30, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima.

It will also be my last retail game till Crash 4 in October.

( of course there will be 29$ and less priced digital Indie and retro games in between ).

Milena

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for user reviews, but Orange Cast: Sci-Fi Space Action Game is now on my radar.

And if it actually releases at a decent price, Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam.