• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Oh for sure, I just want it explained to us, at least.

From's CGI is usually amazing (didn't like Sekiro's intro, though), but it's also usually VERY different from the game itself. It's fine for Dark Souls, because we expect Dark Souls to feel like Dark Souls, but for a new IP the CGI trailer won't really tell us much at all, which is a shame.

I'm with you. I loved how they fully revealed Sekiro at E3. Everything in-engine with gameplay and also gave a 2019 at the end. I prefer that for new IP's every time.

They might wanna set a specific tone with the marketing or they're simply not ready to show anything in-engine yet even if it's far in development. I just hope if it's a full CG trailer that it's more Bloodborne announcement trailer than DSIII. Bloodborne was a new IP and really gave you a good overall picture by showcasing.

- Darkness
- Yharnam
- Hunters
- Beasts
- Sound/Instruments used for the game
- Guns/Cleavers
- Blood

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne's announcement trailer looked very close to in-game footage, I'd even guess it's in-engine, even if prerendered. If it's like that, I'm super happy. But I'm expecting super high budget CGI like Dark Souls intros.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Good thing is that we probably wouldn't have to wait long for gameplay unless it's a next-gen one, which I kinda doubt).

Gamescon's good.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Went back and watched BB trailer, holy shit this was hype. Love a trailer that doesn't start with the publisher/dev name instead it gives you some visuals before they drop the bomb.

h9c1QBv.gif

Oct 25, 2017
At least interviews should be pretty lengthy. Like, we're expecting character customization, multiplayer and etc because of Omni, but a CGI trailer wouldn't say any of that, and I'm sure they want everyone to know it has those elements in case they were disappointed with Sekiro not being an RPG.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
The problem with a CG trailer is that they are outsourcing and cannot completely riproduce the style of an From game.

Nov 1, 2017
I really want them to do different things. I had been obsessed with and played the Souls games for near a decade now, Dark Souls 3 really felt like that's all they needed to do with the franchise unless they really change it up somehow. I want more games like Sekiro and Bloodborne that break the mold and are unlike anything else being made.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want them to do different things. I had been obsessed with and played the Souls games for near a decade now, Dark Souls 3 really felt like that's all they needed to do with the franchise unless they really change it up somehow. I want more games like Sekiro and Bloodborne that break the mold and are unlike anything else being made.
This one will most likely feel closer to Souls than Sekiro, but probably a lot more distant than Bloodborne.

From Software always considered Bloodborne a Souls game internally, by the way, and I don't think that's the case for this IP.

Nov 1, 2017
This one will most likely feel closer to Souls than Sekiro, but probably a lot more distant than Bloodborne.

From Software always considered Bloodborne a Souls game internally, by the way, and I don't think that's the case for this IP.
Yeah, I mentioned Bloodborne separately it was the first instance they took some massive steps to change the gameplay and the aesthetics significantly since their massive success with Dark Souls, but still is like 80% Souls DNA haha. Sekiro still uses the Dark Souls game mechanics as a base but the combat is drasticly different and could even be considered a standalone action game. That's what I want to see. FromSoft have great ideas and they actually have the talent to execute them, as well as a base they can be comfortable taking risks for.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mentioned Bloodborne separately it was the first instance they took some massive steps to change the gameplay and the aesthetics significantly since their massive success with Dark Souls, but still is like 80% Souls DNA haha. Sekiro still uses the Dark Souls game mechanics as a base but the combat is drasticly different and could even be considered a standalone action game. That's what I want to see. FromSoft have great ideas and they actually have the talent to execute them, as well as a base they can be comfortable taking risks for.
Yeah, I agree that Bloodborne still feels very fresh. I would already be satisfied with "another Bloodborne", but them going even further away than that is even better.

Happi3st

Jun 3, 2019
It should be noted that the trailer description isn't confirmed, but if it is, I'm personally totally fine with that. We'd still get to see the premise and get a sense of the game, and that's good enough for me.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Another new "leak" from 4chan. Take this one with a grain of salt, but the part about Bandai inviting Souls youtubers to an event at E3 is the only confirmed part. If nothing else a little more effort was put into it.
wDmtt8r.png

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Bloodborne is not all that much different from souls games. Sekiro on the contrary is very different.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This leak seems like a smashed post of all theorycraft that happened here.

Also lol at the end, I doubt FROM is gonna put an NPC that says he/she was gang raped.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
He lost me at Gwyn. Sounds like fanfic mashed with ERA theories. You never know with 4chan though there's always something that may or may not have been guesswork that ends up in the game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If George is involved, I expect some edgy grimdark fucked up perverted stuff to happen.

I know but even with George From is usually careful with these things. I dunno, we'll see.

He lost me at Gwyn. Sounds like fanfic mashed with ERA theories. You never know with 4chan though there's always something that may or may not have been guesswork that ends up in the game.

he even put that Kelpie thing someone here wished to see. Dunno, it just match too much with the talk here.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know but even with George From is usually careful with these things. I dunno, we'll see.

he even put that Kelpie thing someone here wished to see. Dunno, it just match too much with the talk here.
LOL, to be fair, Kelpie's are synonymous with Scottish mythology, can't have one without the other.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Weird "leak." I like the imagery of what was described, but yeah seems like some super fan writing a script rather than a likely outcome.
That of all things is giving you pause? Patches migrated from Demons to Dark. Seath migrated from King's Field to Dark Souls. Moonlight Greatsword is everywhere. FROM likes to give nods to characters and objects from all their library.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'll take it, if there's indeed a CG trailer and it matches that description I'm believing the rest. Only 3 days left anyway.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
That of all things is giving you pause? Patches migrated from Demons to Dark. Seath migrated from King's Field to Dark Souls. Moonlight Greatsword is everywhere. FROM likes to give nods to characters and objects from all their library.
Lol, nah plenty of things in there. He somehow managed to make a FROM game sound boring.

That's exactly what it is. it's worse than the sekiro leak from last year.
But we got trick weapons with 3 forms in Sekiro
No we didn't

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Its weird how he says poise is back from Dark Souls 3, then proceeds to describe it like how it works in Dark Souls 1 (so, totally different).

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Sounds like fanfic mashed with ERA theories.
Agreed.

Remember this, folks? https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...-game-shadows-die-twice-details-leaked.45530/

Funny how that Sekiro "leak" was completely accurate with regards to the missing arm/prosthetic tool/grappling hook bit.... and literally bullshit for everything else.

the part about Bandai inviting Souls youtubers to an event at E3 is the only confirmed part.
Might that be for Code Vein?

If George is involved, I expect some edgy grimdark fucked up perverted stuff to happen.
Ehhh, he's still not careless or insensitive about it, which this alleged NPC feels like. It feels more that someone made up fanfic based on Era theories + whatever they think GRRM writes about, to be honest.

EdenHaze

Banned
Jun 2, 2019

"Gawain, also known as Gawaine or Gauwaine, among various other forms and spellings, is King Arthur's nephew and a Knight of the Round Table in the Arthurian legend. "

having a knight being called gwyn realy isnt that out of place at all, tho this those seem to be just a mash of everything in this thread

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Agreed.

Remember this, folks? https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...-game-shadows-die-twice-details-leaked.45530/

Funny how that Sekiro "leak" was completely accurate with regards to the missing arm/prosthetic tool/grappling hook bit.... and literally bullshit for everything else.

Might that be for Code Vein?

Ehhh, he's still not careless or insensitive about it, which this alleged NPC feels like. It feels more that someone made up fanfic based on Era theories + whatever they think GRRM writes about, to be honest.

Apparently not. It's for an unannounced project.

Oct 25, 2017
Its weird how he says poise is back from Dark Souls 3, then proceeds to describe it like how it works in Dark Souls 1 (so, totally different).
Yeah, but that's exactly the kind of mistake I'd expect from a professional article, tbh. Like, From says it works like in Dark Souls, referencing the first game, and the journalist who only played Dark Souls III writes that instead because they assume it's all the same.