• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Typically my participation in elections is voting, sometimes donating, and hoping for the best. But with our entire democracy on the line in this election for perhaps our entire lifetimes, I'm feeling that isn't enough. What are your plans to help Biden win, besides the obvious one...voting?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I usually knock doors, but I won't be doing that this time. Maybe some phone banking for local candidates.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Nothing. Biden's lifelong political ambitions have been to put the economic boot to black people, institutionalize racist militarized police forces, and associating with white supremists. Rightfully blame Trump for fanning the racist flames, but Biden spent decades building the fire.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Retweeting stuff as much as I can and donating.

I'm no Biden fan but anyone sitting it out and acting like Biden or Trump winning this election will yield the same results for the future of this country are woefully, WOEFULLY ignorant.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
provide for my community, enfranchise as many people as possible, and inform confused or interested citizens about the political realities of today.

simmins

Nov 7, 2017
Nothing. Biden's lifelong political ambitions have been to put the economic boot to black people, institutionalize racist militarized police forces, and associating with white supremists. Rightfully blame Trump for fanning the racist flames, but Biden spent decades building the fire.

This, but I will still be voting for him. I don't live in a swing state though so my vote will just add to the popular vote.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
If he keeps peppering me with texts to donate I'm sure I'll donate with the little money I have.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Biden is an awful candidate, I have no desire to "help" him at all. Good luck.

I'll probably vote third party like I did last election.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Essentially setting my ideology on the back burner to be open minded to his positive qualities. I'm radically to the left so Biden isn't my ideal candidate. But I believe Trump is infinitely worse so—in conversation—where I'd normally deride Biden and his milquetoast politics, I'm being generous in order to not dissuade anyone who may be on the fence. I'll start passionately advocating for further-left politics once we get the orange stain out.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very much a leftist, so I in all honesty can't do more than just vote and tell people to vote. Can't bring myself to donate.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017

Same pretty much. I'm voting for him, but the Democratic party had their chance to have an activated and passionate base of support and volunteers with Bernie. I was doing phone calls for him for like 10-20 hours a week. I have no desire to do the same for Joe Biden. Now my resources are better spent advocating for POC rights and volunteering with organizing for protests and helping progressives win downballot. Helping out Ed Markey was very satisfying.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I've donated. Even though I"m not much of a Biden fan, I want him to win.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Donating, asked for clearance from my work to phone bank but have not been able to get an answer so I guess I'll just donate more. So far I've donated more to the Biden campaign than I've ever donated before.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Donating and making sure friends and family were registered to vote and convincing them to go to the polls. Granted, we live in Oklahoma so it feels that our votes don't hold much weight but I'm making sure we all still vote.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I gave him $35 for a pint glass.

Trying to dispel a lot of misinformation, miscommunication, and genuine lies (see: mental stuff) surrounding him.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Donating and constructively engaging leftists in my social circle on how Biden empowers their own, already elected, social democrat champions-they'd never vote Trump, but they may not vote at all or vote 3rd party if they don't feel represented.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Donating and arguing against the selfishness of "accelerationism" being a sound way to win votes.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I don't actually support Biden or the DNC. I have been donating to help flip our state senate that is only a couple seats away.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I don't actually support Biden or the DNC. I have been donating to help flip our state senate that is only a couple seats away.
This. Biden is fucking awful and I can't bring myself to do more than just vote for him, and even that is tough for me to accept. I live in the middle of Indiana though, so it's not like he's winning my state anyway, I'll just help rack up the popular vote margin.

I have donated to some local and statewide races though.

jakeh111

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Missourah, USA
I dont talk about Biden per se but I got 2 people to commit to voting. I also talk about Trumps attack on the postal service and if he's reelected his payroll taxes will become permanent and SS will be toast in a few years. I also talk about other policy without dropping it being a democract policy or republican, seems to be in Missouri people like a lot of the policy coming from the left they just dont like the left /sigh

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here putting out yard signs? Unfortunately where I live, that's kind of asking for trouble but if you are, more power to you.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Phone banking! I did some last Sunday, and it'll be more useful when we have concrete polling information to share with people and make sure they know how, when, and where to safely vote.

I am much more comfortable talking to strangers than any person should be, so I figure I might as well use it.

focusedmaple

Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me that people can whine about Biden's politics and decline to vote when Jack booted thugs are gassing moms and shooting people in the back. What a rate privilege that must be.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I donated some money to his campaign. I get that Joe Biden is not the most exciting candidate in the world. Not much charisma there, but the guy's platform is actually pretty solid. It pulls us in the correct direction even if it's not massively disruptive. Plus, I mean, look at the other option.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
literally nothing, because joe biden sucks and I'm not willing to donate my time or money to someone who's been openly hostile to positions I support for his entire life

he'll get a vote just because there's other shit on the ballot I think is worth voting for (and I'm not just gonna leave the presidential section blank), but there's no way they were ever getting more than that, and anyone who expected otherwise is a fool

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
It amazes me that people can whine about Biden's politics and decline to vote when Jack booted thugs are gassing moms and shooting people in the back. What a rate privilege that must be.

That seems to be some peoples view no matter who is on the ballot. Noone will ever be universally approved of. I wish I could find that video of that woman losing her shit screaming all those years ago on youtube.

"We chose this..... MEDIOCRE BLACK MAN.... when we could have had Hillary!?"

Good lord, she was going tf off man.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I will vote.

The rest I leave to Joe's many supporters that won him the nomination and to the big donors that love him as a candidate.