• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Nothing right now. Just came off a close to 300hr play through of 3 of the 4 routes plus the DLC content in Fire Emblem:TH and trying to give myself a 2 week break from gaming.

I have RE2 remake waiting for me when I'm ready to start gaming again.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
deadly premonition origins. been doing nothing but side quests for 3 days. i don't remember having this much fun with a game's side quests, ever.

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
Ooh nice! I'd like to get a Dark Knight in at some point. It seems like a fun job, but then again so does Red Mage, and Paladin, and Astrologian, and Bard, and Samurai, and Dancer, and Dragoon, and Lancer, and... You can see what the problem is :P. I was doing primarily healer jobs while plugging away at the MSQ.

Gah you make me want to resubscribe lol.
I tend to stick with tank jobs (gotta love the quick duty ques lol). If you have the time then its a good time to resubscribe. I rarely sub more than 1 month before I take a break but this time i'm hooked.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I was playing Doom Eternal but kinda got depressed with all the post apocalyptic stuff. So now I'm just making beaches and pleasing settings in Dreams.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Been playing through wasteland remastered. Finally hit base Cochise and hoping to finish tonight. Wish I would have played it before wasteland 2 cause I'm seeing soo many references to this game in 2.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
Playing through all the Zeldas. So far:

Link's Awakening (Switch)
A Link to the Past
A Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time 3D

And now onto Majora's Mask 3D

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Mostly in the endgame, as it's the best and quickest way to earn Kill Coins (up to 74k from each raid), which are mainly used for buying Skill Decals at that point. Recycling unneeded decals gives you Recycle Points, that can be used to buy RE gear and faction materials. RE gear have higher damage and durability, the helmets have better HP/DEX benefits, and the body+leg armor have no negative resistance stats.

Climbing to Diamond III level every week grants you four Platinum Bags, which can give high level materials and 4/5-star Skill Decals. There's also a TDM weapon at the end of each season. They are improved versions of regular weapons, with better damage and durability, and only those granted for Diamond level players can be uncapped.

Can I mostly ignore it for the majority of the game? Are there huge consequences. I'm sure there are youtube videos explaining this. I basically just want to treat this like a souls game and not worry about logging in x amount of times a week, etc.

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
I played Castlevania Bloodlines last weekend, and Super Castlevania 4 the weekend before that... Now I'm really wishing Rondo was out on the Switch :-(

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Can I mostly ignore it for the majority of the game? Are there huge consequences. I'm sure there are youtube videos explaining this. I basically just want to treat this like a souls game and not worry about logging in x amount of times a week, etc.

Yes. There's no need to put up defenses at all. In fact, there are many veterans who don't have any. And you don't need to raid others' bases either, if you just want to beat the main 40 floors.

You may want to participate in the regional fights though, as you can get 1-3 Death Metals from them, depending on if your team wins or loses, and if you're in the top 5% of your team. The latter shouldn't be that hard at this point, when there aren't that many active raiders, and you can raid targets of all ranks during the fights. For example, I can reach the top 5% by just gathering about 5k points in fights, but team Finland isn't very active. It may be harder in bigger and more active teams. The fights occur once or twice a week, and last 24 hours.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that if you fail a raid during a regional fight, you can't participate in it anymore.

Death Metals, the premium currency in the game, are mostly used to increase storage space for upgrade materials, and in the endgame to send materials back to your base from the Tengoku floors. You can also acquire them by doing quests, and completing the Stamp Rally.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5639-let-it-die/12-hoarders-curse
Stamps are collectibles obtained from Stamp Machines scattered around the Tower of Barbs. These stamp machines require you to walk up to them and interact with them. Once interacted with, a ''Guitar Hero''-like screen will pop up, and icons will start to appear, it's always 1 of the 4 button icons, not multiple on 1 stamp machine. The player must hit these buttons once they appear on the line at the bottom of the screen.

There's a total of 40 stamps in the game, 36 of the stamps require you to find their stamp machines, the other 4 unlock when you beat each of the Dons.​

CAUTION​
: make sure the surrounding area is safe around the Stamp Machine. Enemies, as well as yourself, could destroy it at any time with an attack, if this happens the player must first return to the waiting room and go back into the tower as this will respawn an undestroyed Stamp Machine.​

You get one DM for every five stamps, and you don't even need to hit all the icons succesfully.

IIRC, you also get them from finding all Tales From The Barbs and Yotsuyama Bionics Pages. Their locations can be found in the link as well.

Feel free to PM me, if any questions arise. :) The game can be pretty cryptic, and it's recommended to read through all the info sheets it gives you. They don't tell you everything though, like the hidden hunger meter, that depletes your stamina if you don't eat anything for a while.

Yep, the spiders are a pain in the ass, and hard to kill. I suffered them a couple of times in the chalice dungeons.

Fortunately for my brother, this time i was in charge of entertaining them while he kicked Rom's ass. But even with my help, there were so many on screen that he got damaged and ended with a Double Ko.

Yeah, the Chalice version was even more annoying, due to the limited space.

Have fun with your co-op run. :)

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
great game! thought about replaying this as well. did you do vanilla or remastered? if remaster how is the performance nowadays?
Remastered. Ran fine. Crashed a couple times, though.

How long did it take you? Thinking of starting it myself if it's short
Right now I'm in the 30 hour mark, but I played through story on normal, got all collectibles, did all research, etc. then played through again on Survivor with no Vita-Chambers. Still need to do the challenges to finish the achievements. One playthrough though may take like... 12 hours? Maybe.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Yes. There's no need to put up defenses at all. In fact, there are many veterans who don't have any. And you don't need to raid others' bases either, if you just want to beat the main 40 floors.

Sick, I'll have to jump in then. I feel like if I get through those 40 floors and I'm still enjoying it I'll just deal with it, haha.

Thanks for all the info! Going to finish Sekiro first, but I'll play it before I jump to Ni-oh 2.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead 2: I'm on Epilogue 2, so I'd imagine it's ending soon?

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z: It's a shame about the camera, because so far this is actually
pretty damn fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Did the PS Now 7-day free trial and managed to beat Control and half of Shadow of the Tomb Raider within that time frame. Somewhat sad I didn't beat Shadow but I slowed down because of being burnt out by Control

Other than that:

World War Z - Highly recommended, Division meets Days Gone - The gameplay loop and replayability are just so fun to me. I understand its probably not for everyone but its worth checking out.

Dragon Quest Builders - Finally attacking a Backlog. I started playing this because of all the Animal Crossing hype lol. Fun game but i'm building all these cool things, but dreading what happens at the end of each chapter. -__-

Rocket League - MP GOTG

Ring Fit - Suddenly glad I got the game when I did. Much needed for not just my physical health but my mental health too.

Draenoth

Dec 10, 2018
Finally finishing the Nioh 1 DLC, figured I should do that before I dive into part 2. Gonna play some Animal Crossing as a palate cleanser before I do, but looking forward to more Yokai slaying!

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Sick, I'll have to jump in then. I feel like if I get through those 40 floors and I'm still enjoying it I'll just deal with it, haha.

Thanks for all the info! Going to finish Sekiro first, but I'll play it before I jump to Ni-oh 2.

Great. Let me know how it goes.

FYI, there are no i-frames, and sometimes running sideways is as effective as rolling, like in the 34F boss video I posted. Also, if you end up using projectile weapons, you can reload by holding X and pushing L2/R2, depending on which hand you're holding the weapon. I'm not sure if the game tells you that. And you can store items in the Death Bags of fighters that are in the Freezer, if you run out of storage space.

The biggest roadblocks for me were 16F and 23F due to the bosses, and 30s in general. The Red Hot Iron is a reliable weapon all the way to 40F, but not so much further on. Consult the Wiki pages if you get stuck, as there's a lot of useful tips there. The Reddit channel is still active, and you can find help and guides there as well.

Happy climbing, senpai. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that there's a free Starter Pack in the PSN store that gives you 30 Death Metals, and another for PS+ subscribers that gives you 4 DMs and 1 day's Express Pass. You get day's passes occasionally in the game as well. It's best to use them for farming materials, when you have more time to play, as they give you 10 more inventory slots and free elevator rides.

Last edited:

babuchy

The Fallen
Nov 3, 2017
Finished Orin and thw Will of the Wisps (game pass) and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (steam). Playing Vampyr and Forza Horiron 4 (game pass), Red Dead Redemption 2 (ps4) and Left 4 Dead 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 with friends on steam.

Planning to buy something, I don't know if Doom Eternal, RE3, MK11 or Pillars of Eternity 2...

OP
OP
HOTSPUR

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
since I made this thread I got burnt out on Animal Crossing and have started (once again) Mass Effect with mods. love it as always, looks great and finally fixed the blurry textures with MEUITM.

also beat re3 remake a handful of times. probably gonna hop back into RE2 remake next and do b runs.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) -- Still quite enjoying it, although I find that I like it more just watching my wife play. She's on a bait mission prepping for Saturday's event. :)

Persona 5 Royal (PS4 Pro) -- A few hours in, loving it too. Never thought I'd see myself playing through P5 again, but here I am. LOL

Alan Wake (PC) -- In Episode 3, and loving it. Control was the first Remedy game I beat, so I'm hitting the back catalog, starting with this to make sure I finish it before AWE comes out.

Gylt (Stadia Pro) -- Just started today. Compression artifacts aside, it's been a smooth experience so far. This and Alan Wake seem to share a few similarities. :)

Skyrim (Switch) -- 65+ hours in and I really want to just finish it now. Focusing on MSQs. I might do more later, but I just kinda want to move on, but feel like I actually "completed" it.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing trying to find a Nintendo Switch that's not 500 dollars....

I got up early the other day, it was in stock at a Target. The first hour is reserved for elderly ppl tho. I get why, it's cool.

Some elderly person must have bought the rest of the stock....

I could pre order the Game Stop bundle but I already have BotW. Right now I'm at Switch launch stage: games but no system... Only reason I did that was because it looks like physical games were getting as scarce as the consoles.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
At the moment A LOT of modern warfare, though the network is totally fucked. So much lag.

Doing a hard playthrough of bioshock 2 on ps4 for the platinum and started control

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Just did like my 30th playthrough of Re2make, finally doing "fun" runs with infinite weapons for leftover raccoons, next I want to move my S+ runs up to no save runs.

I beat Isshin Sword Saint in Sekiro too. Fun boss. Time for NG+'s with No Kuro's Charm.

Little bit of Tenchu and Civ 6 on the side.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I caved and bought Mario Odyssey. I got a Switch just before the outbreak through a Facebook trade and I swore I wasn't going to spend $80 CAD on a new video game through all of this. But I needed a little joy. Just a little. Is that so wrong?

Oh, also I bought Animal Crossing. I'm just trying to play some joyful stuff.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Just beat The Last of Us for the first time. I got halway through when it first came out but only found it OK. I was 14 then. 21 now. I really appreciated the story, stealth, worldbuilding and acting, but found the gunplay ok and the puzzles very subpar (I was sick to death of ladders and pellets). Moving on to Bioshock now.

OP
OP
HOTSPUR

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
I caved and bought Mario Odyssey. I got a Switch just before the outbreak through a Facebook trade and I swore I wasn't going to spend $80 CAD on a new video game through all of this. But I needed a little joy. Just a little. Is that so wrong?

Oh, also I bought Animal Crossing. I'm just trying to play some joyful stuff.

absolutely not. enjoy :)

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I've been replaying Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, and now I'm on the postgame, hoping to complete the game by beating all enemies, getting every enemy drop, etc., just like what I did with Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

OP
OP
HOTSPUR

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping my own thread again.

I beat FF7 Remake, RE3, and a couple other games.

Playing FFVI: Ted Woolsey translation (never finished VI before..) and Super Metroid currently.

Got a few games I'm debating between tossing in the rotation right now: FF Tactics (probably using fan patch stuff, any suggestions? never played the original, only played a bit of WotL and Advanced), Vagrant Story trying to get more than two hours in for the thousandth time, and Xenoblade Chronicles X (loved the original and what i played of the sequel)

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing Mario+Rabbids again. Game is so good. Been looking for another turn based tactics game so its scratching that itch. Before this, I played through Half-Life: Alyx twice. Best game I've played in a long time.

OP
OP
HOTSPUR

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Mario+Rabbids again. Game is so good. Been looking for another turn based tactics game so its scratching that itch. Before this, I played through Half-Life: Alyx twice. Best game I've played in a long time.

man im excited to run Alyx when I get VR eventually. been waiting so long for a new HL.

surprised at how good M+R was honestly, really enjoyed it around switch launch

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Final Fantasy 7:R
Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward -> Shadowbringer

I'm in FF heaven . Still have Nioh 2 unfinished but I just don't have enough time !

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Been able to finish a huge number of my backlog during this time.

HorizonZD
Spiderman
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
God of War
FF7Remake
Ratchet and Clank
Luigi's Mansion 3

and probably forgetting some lol. At this point I am running out of immediate backlog games... thinking I might start my WoW account again

working on Persona 5 Royal right now. Along with AC:NH but that doesn't really have an end for me...

Last edited:

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've beaten FFVIIR and P5R recently, I'm currently waiting for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition so I'm having trouble deciding what to play in the meantime. :( Leaning towards something that isn't too grindy or involved so I don't get burnt out before taking probably 150+ hours to do everything I wanna do in XC:DE, but not sure what.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
man im excited to run Alyx when I get VR eventually. been waiting so long for a new HL.

surprised at how good M+R was honestly, really enjoyed it around switch launch

Alyx is really good. I'm sure you'll dig it.

XCOM Chimera releases this weekend so I'll be trying that out as well. Maybe even Gears Tactics when its released. It's a good time for video games tbh.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing and Persona V. I'm about 25 hours into PV, trying to beat it before Xenoblade comes out.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
Played through AC3 remastered, Minervas Den, Brothers, and just about done with Child of Light. Not sure what to play next.. maybe God of War 3 remastered.. man so far behind in gaming.