• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Chicken Chaser
Fallen
One Winged Member

etc

I see them everywhere

idk if this could have been asked in a better place

Oct 31, 2017
Some people might disagree with this, but I think that tags like that should be hyperlinks that link to something that gives context to the tag.

Maybe it could be done for every tag honestly even individually unique ones, but especially community events or whatever focused ones that have been given out.

I've felt this way about the forum tags for years honestly, but I can also understand the appeal of "you had to be there" in order to understand a tag's context.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like tags lose their importance when there are so many One-Winged Slayers or Avengers out there.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are still some unique custom tags here, they're just very rare and i assume you have to be part of some discord to get one.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I feel like tags lose their importance when there are so many One-Winged Slayers or Avengers out there.
I mean, it's just a matter of who jumped through what silly little hoop when, really. It's entirely incidental how many people did so, whether that's being here for the Great Migration or kicking Sephiroth's ass in a goofy fighting game and documenting it.

Oct 25, 2017
My tag for isntance refers to an event prior to one of the Avengers movies (can't remember which, probably Endgame) where you simply signed up, and you had a 50-50 chance of getting banned or spared. Those spared got my tag, those that got banned (temporarily) got "The Fallen."

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Join the Resetera Mafia community and you too may earn a tag for organizing a giant orgy of fiery death.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Avengers and The Fallen were from a thing we did here before the last Avengers movie came out. Everyone could sign up. Half of the participants were randomly banned (for a month maybe?) and became The Fallen. The other half survived and are Avengers.

kamikaze

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
singapore
i'm happy with the tag but i must admit that sephiroth really just killed himself more so than my kirby killed him.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Join the Resetera Mafia community and you too may earn a tag for organizing a giant orgy of fiery death.
QYcG4Bv.gif

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I bought courtside tickets to read a book.

That isn't really what happened but a former admin took it that way...

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think people expected Very Hard Sephiroth to be a little bit of a harder fight so there are a good chunk of OWSs out there.

OP
OP
styl_oh

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
My tag for isntance refers to an event prior to one of the Avengers movies (can't remember which, probably Endgame) where you simply signed up, and you had a 50-50 chance of getting banned or spared. Those spared got my tag, those that got banned (temporarily) got "The Fallen."
The Fallen sounds cooler. I woulda hoped for the ban

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was banned for a whole ass month for this tag i aint ever giving it up

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, community events. Thank you, post No.8
Lol no problem. Specifically, the "One Winged Slayer" one had to do with some Sephiroth community challenge in Smash Bros to beat him on Very Hard(?). The others I don't really know as much about but were some stuff different slices of the community got really into at various points.

they should let us choose our own
I don't agree. I'm more inclined to think that they should be more rare/unique rather than the inverse. But fun community occurrences/events are okay, especially if lots of people around here like that.

I like having them as a "badge of honor"/"mark of shame" only handed out in select circumstances.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Transistor promised me a tag with the whole Bionic Commando Halo Infinite fiasco several months back.

The man has failed to deliver.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i want to be unique by not having a single tag

not even Member

minimalism time