• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
All the Timesplitters games. They're all really good games with a pretty big fan base and since there's no ports or remasters for them, it's pretty much a no brainier to just support BC for them. They hold up pretty well too like Perfect Dark before it.

I'm surprised it wasn't supported in the first place.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
NieR: Gestalt is my No. 1 pick, especially since the Replicant remaster will follow Brother Nier as opposed to Papa Nier.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
JcQrfHV.jpg

I mean do I even need to explain why? And like, it's super frustrating because every Sonic game is BC except this precious one, ugh!

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Unironically Sonic 2006. It would be wild to have seen that game get grandfathered up to Xbox Series X BC and wind up with a much stabler resolution/framerate/etc.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Wet and Binary Domain were going to be my top choices, so I'm glad to see them mentioned in the OP.

Other than that, I would like to see...

R1258a41309a8d24f8aff70e006757503

Skate 2 (Xbox 360)
The first game and third game are BC but number two isn't? I Understand adding the third game since it's the most popular overall, but Skate 2 is also a favorite among skateboarding fans and it's a shame that the inferior first game is BC instead.

xbox_ssx_tricky-110214.jpg

SSX Tricky (Xbox)
We already got the best snowboarding game as a BC title (SSX 3) so why not add the second best? SSX Tricky is a phenomenal snowboarding game that holds up extremely well, and is different enough to be worth adding alongside 3.

sims2-56a9c3855f9b58b7d0fec8cb.jpg

The Sims 2 (Xbox)
The Sims 2 on consoles gives you the ability to control your Sims actions directly. This feature alone makes it a blast to play all these years later.

EDIT: I just realized I only picked EA games, and I was actually gonna add a few more games from them. They were a pretty cool publisher back then.

Last edited:

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Dino Crisis 3
Toe Jam & Earl 3
Deathrow
Blood Wake
Otogi 1 and 2
Jet Set Radio Future
Blinx 2
Gunvalkyrie

Operation Darkness
Magna Carta 2
Eternal Sonata (I guess...the PS3 version is way better)
Spectral Force 3
Shadow Assault: Tenchu

Wii Tank

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Baffling to me since the original Persona 4 Arena is already BC, but Ultimax includes everything in that game and more. I don't want to have to lug out my PS3 just to play this.

Oct 25, 2017
El Centro, CA
OG Xbox:

I'm going to go sports heavy here:

The Tony Hawk series
Burnout 3
ESPN NFL 2K5 (throw NHL 2K5 and Major League Baseball 2K5 in there too)
Madden 07
NCAA Football 06
NBA Live 2003
MVP Baseball 2005
NHL 06
NHL Hitz Pro

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Jet Set Radio Future
Crazy Taxi 3
Eternal Sonata
Gunvalkyrie
Otogi 1 and 2
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

There is too many.

Nov 8, 2017
Wolfenstein 2009 or we RIOT

It hasn't been for sale digitally on any store front doe years. It's a pretty fun game and the only game in the series other than the Silas Warner Apple II games not available for purchase.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure none of the licensed James Bond games are BC, and won't be cos obviously licensing :/

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Being an xbox newcomer, some of the XB games I wanna play but can't due to incompatibility include the DOA games, SC IV/V, Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2009, and SSFII Turbo. But easily the biggest I really want but don't get why it's not available yet is Blinx 2. Blinx 1 made it... I aim to get it shortly, but the sequel isn't?!? A game MS fully owns and is the only other game in the series? That literally has to be part of the next batch because I can't see much reason why it's not already on there. Plus it would be neat to have both games on Series X, and they already got half of them done.

The Capcom Stuff I mostly want because they and Konami put out a ton of goodie gems on XBLA, and Konami's mostly caught up save for stuff like Rush N Attack or Track N Field, while Capcom has odd exclusions such as physical Puzzle Fighter 2, several Street Fighter games, and the aforementioned BC games. You'd think a bunch of those like SSFIIHD and BCR1 would be no brainers, but I guess Capcom isn't quite interested.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
Licences , smicences, blah blah.. but it would be great for the respecting the heritage that T10 spoke about (in regards to legendary tracks for FM Next) that all the remaining Forza Motorsport games could make to be playable on one console.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
I just have to say that popping in Lollipop Chainsaw into my XSX and seeing that it wasn't supported made me very sad. This game needs to be played by everyone!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Baffling to me since the original Persona 4 Arena is already BC, but Ultimax includes everything in that game and more. I don't want to have to lug out my PS3 just to play this.

This fully feels like a mistake on their part. Since Ultimax has the story of P4A1 through DLC. Such an odd move it was to only give BC to the first game that it makes the most sense if someone thought ultimax was just DLC lol.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Doom 3 is missing. The BFG edition is shit and I would like to be able to play the good version on a modern console.

Also Otogi 1/2. I think they speak for themselves in terms of being well renowned games from a well renowned developer that have been abandoned on their hardware and never brought forward (not even to the 360)

Maybe Jet Set Radio Future? That's definitely a popular game as well

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I really want is Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog (just for the lulz), and Armored Core: for Answer.

No but seriously gimme Armored Core.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Skate 2, easily.

Most of the other ones in this thread can be played in PC, for example.

Skate 2 is completely locked to that console gen, and sucks because it's the best one of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
El Centro, CA
What are the rules on making titles backwards compatible as far as licensing is concerned? Like can they make a game like ESPN NFL 2K5 backwards compatible as long as they don't sell it?