• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Hey! Criticising that episode is a bootable offence!

Consider my ass booted then.

images

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god irish actors play up their accent while international. You hear them in interviews in Dublin and they're fine, then they're talking on like Jimmy Kimmel and they're all "ooo, begorrah and berah, I love me a good chance irish role, I do meself"

I have to say that Liam Neeson is the inverse of this. In his Hollywood roles he tones down his accent. By I once heard him doing an interview on an Irish program and HOLY SHIT I couldn't under half of what the dude was saying.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ITT: Nobody thinks anyone can mimic their accent without sounding "terrible".

I've actually never seen anyone even attempt a Brazilian accent, I don't think we generally get enough exposure in media for it to be relevant. Lucio in Overwatch doesn't sound like a Brazilian speaking english as a second language at all.

Jun 26, 2018
We had an entire christmas calender TV show (1st-24th december) where the elfs all spoke in utterly broken mixture version of English and Danish, which is very reminicent of how a lot of older danish people sound when they try to speak english. It's great :)

The show was called "The Julekalender"