• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of talk about "best games" and "worst games" but I want the most bizarre games of 2020 to get their due!

Here's a short list of my favorite bizarre games this year:

IRPVr8y.jpg

Paradise Killer
- A totally weird detective game set on an island in a pocket dimension featuring a cult that worships Lovecraftian space-gods and a vaporwave aesthetic, this game is hands-down the most bizarre game of the year for me. And yet so great to play! Exploring the game's world, learning the intricacies of the cult and the characters, and of course solving the murder at the heart of the game, definitely makes it both weird and great.

gXa5mLl.jpg

Wide Ocean Big Jacket - A weird little game about awkward kids and their awkward guardians on an awkward camping trip. There were numerous points in the game of just bizarre silliness but it also really was a touching story that I really enjoyed.

oRpXLfj.jpg

The Pedestrian - A puzzle-platformer where you play as that little dude who's in the WALK sign at crosswalks and you end up maneuvering through a bunch of street signs to end up in a very weird place! The ending of the game is truly bizarre and made it stand out even though it feels like it came out a hundred years ago at this point.

What's your favorite weird games of 2020 Era?

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I really liked Wide Ocean Big Jacket. Just a nice little slice of life story, from young to old.

Wattam was probably the most bizarre I played this year. There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension isn't deeply weird, but it is clever and has more than a few unexpected turns.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Paper Beast for me. Weirdest part is timestamped:

The part at 44:43 is also pretty weird.

These moments really hit best when you're the one playing through the game though.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Tonight We Riot is another good one. Gameplay is Streets of Rage meets Pikmin. Lord knows we need more unapologetically leftist games in the world.

kotaku.com

Tonight We Riot Devs Wanted To Make An 'Unapologetically Leftist' Game

“Politics” has become a dirty word in gaming, especially when angrily screamed—or, as is usually the case, frantically typed—by a vocal minority of reactionary video game fans. But for more progressive players, games often aren’t political enough. Or, when they do take a position, they push...

NANA

Oct 26, 2017

The developer made plenty of surreal PnC titles in the past but this was my first, loved it.. and then I bought all of their previous games on Steam.