• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Eggs
Heavy Cream
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Chicken Broth/Stock
Butter
Garlic
Broccoli
Cauliflower
(Vegetable of the week variety)
Onions
Shallots
Chicken
Thyme
Lemons
Brown rice
Cheese

Those are a MUST every week

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
is it this bag?
imageService

cause I know multiple people who independently got that one
Nah, its Mahatma brand. Nothing exciting.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Onions, Garlic, Eggs, Lemons, Greens (lettuce, spinache, kale, whatever)

Man, some of you guys need to learn to buy in bulk. You should not have to buy Rice or Flour as frequently as perishable items.
They come in like 20+ lb bags. I use a ton of flour and rice, but I really probably only need to buy it twice, maybe three times a year.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Chicken, carrots, potatoes, bread and garlic/powder are the 5 ingredients I use the most often.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Chickpeas - Hummus, falafel or to bulk meals up
Chili peppers - Everything has to be spicy
Onions - Go in the majority of cuisines
Olives - I live on pizza/mezze,
Tinned tomato - Combine with spices/herbs to create chili, pasta/pizza sauce, Indian or chuck in with a fry up

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Onions - used in many of my dinners, namely spaghetti, curry, and sinigang (Filipino sour broth)
Garlic - similar to onions in its usage with sinangag (Filipino garlic fried rice) being the most prolific
Eggs - breakfast is the obvious reason but I also use eggs for Chinese fried rice and when making tonkatsu for the panko breading
Chicken - always go for thighs then drumsticks and sometimes I can find $1/lb. in which case I get 4 or 5
Rice - not sure if this fits the criteria as it is not often bought but that's due to me grabbing a 25lb. bag when running low

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
-Tomatoes
-Onions
-Serrano Peppers
We use those vegetables for almost everything we cook
-Chicken, the only kind of meat we eat regularly
-Beans, there's always beans in the refrigerator waiting to be served and I make an Aztec Soup with the remainings at the end of the week

If it's not obvious already I'm Mexican

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
For me:
  • Milk. I drink a lot of it straight up and use it in tea plus various egg dishes (french toast, etc.) and making ice cream.
  • Eggs. Omelettes and french toast are staples, and when making ice cream I need a crapton of eggs (I do custard-based recipes).
  • Brussels Sprouts. My favorite veggie, usually cut in and half and pan-fried in olive oil and garlic. Along which lines...
  • Garlic. I don't like onions much and tend to double up on the garlic instead in a lot of recipes. I chuck garlic in stir fry, or in Asian sauce recipes. Most recently I put a bunch of whole cloves in a ciabatta bread recipe I attempted (worked out OK but I need to incorporate them directly into the dough more)
  • Olive oil. This is pretty much constantly in my frying pan - but I also use it plain in salads + sandwiches or for dipping bread in.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Onions
Garlic
Chickpeas
Tinned tomatoes
Rice

Pretty sure I never go a day without consuming at least 3 of the above.