• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Well?

tumblr_p4rz82xWrm1vte390o3_500.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would say fairly low. Her games don't sell very well, and I just don't think the character has that much appeal beyond anime fans.

GR2 even happening at all was a long shot and it didn't pay off in sales.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
The only Game that would make me buy a PS5. Loved the first one on the Vita. Do it Sony! Or at least release 1 and 2 on PC.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Sony hates games that don't sell like Uncharted. They have totally abandoned the idea of middleware games that have an aoudince. They now think all their games need to be The Last of Us levels of social sensations.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'd say they're slim even though the director said he might go back to the concept / idea when new hardware comes around (PS5), recently wrote about this in detail.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't even want to keep the minimal costs involved in running some servers for gravity rush 2s online for more than, what, a year?

Them funding another sequel is a long shot.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
There were rumors of a PC port around the time of the Horizon rumors, so at most you'll see GR2 (they didn't mention 1) again on PC, maybe.

Game bombed so no was you'll see a 3.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation... Icon?

Like I own both gravity rush games but I think I would be hard pressed to find someone within my friends who has even heard of the series unless they were already into really niche titles.

You'll likely only see Kat again if Sony decides to make some sort of playstation gotcha game for mobile.

Sony hates games that don't sell like Uncharted. They have totally abandoned the idea of middleware games that have an aoudince. They now think all their games need to be The Last of Us levels of social sensations.

Guess I must have dreamed that they released Concrete Genie and MediEvil in the last year.

Oct 27, 2017
If we do I hope there isn't as poorly designed stage as the one where you get Jupiter powers in GR2. That was so bad I just put a stop to the game. To be honest, I like the art style, world and characters of the game more than its gameplay. (And that's from someone who loved the original on Vita.)

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation Icon. Finally, people putting the respect on this game it deserves. I don't think it's completely dead. Shuhei Yoshida took a liking to the game and I'm hopeful it'll be revived somewhere down the line

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It is very sad because personally Gravity Rush is the only Sony IP I give a shit about and it is probably dead.
I still have hopes and dreams that one day we will get Dark Cloud 3
or remakes or new entries in
Arc the Lad
Folklore
Legend of Legaia
Rogue Galaxy
The Legend of Dragoon
Tokyo Jungle
Wild Arms

Note: I'm not 100% sure sony still owns the IPs of all above games but I think they do :P

Really would love a tokyo jungle remake or tokyo jungle 2... such a shame that game is trapped on the ps3.

Oct 27, 2017
I still have hopes and dreams that one day we will get Dark Cloud 3
or remakes or new entries in
Arc the Lad
Folklore
Legend of Legaia
Rogue Galaxy
The Legend of Dragoon
Tokyo Jungle
Wild Arms

Note: I'm not 100% sure sony still owns the IPs of all above games but I think they do :P

Really would love a tokyo jungle remake or tokyo jungle 2... such a shame that game is trapped on the ps3.
At this point you'd need a big name attached to any of those games, that's the only way weird shit like Death Stranding got made. I wish I played more of Folklore before I sold it, the game was very interesting.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
A third game couldn't realistically meet my expectations, so I'm satisfied where it ended. It's pretty obvious that Keiichiro Toyama crammed all (or most of) the plot points he envisioned for a third game into 2.

Now a yuri manga continuation would be relevant to my interests.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
At this point you'd need a big name attached to any of those games, that's the only way weird shit like Death Stranding got made. I wish I played more of Folklore before I sold it, the game was very interesting.
I don't have high hopes for those. but alas I can dream one day they will give money to someone for the heck of it just to see what happens. I didn't expect a MediEvil remake to happen either.

Oct 27, 2017
A third game couldn't realistically meet my expectations, so I'm satisfied where it ended. It's pretty obvious that Keiichiro Toyama crammed all (or most of) the plot points he envisioned for a third game into 2.

Now a yuri manga continuation would be relevant to my interests.
I'm pretty sure the main reason GR2 isnt as good is because they knew they wouldnt get another shot at the franchise and they threw everything they had at it, to the detriment of the game.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
In a few years, whoever is head of Sony will be at a presser with a Kat shirt, no comments, but hype builds with the fans. Then thee year after, we get a teaser.

Basically, Sony will wait to create nostalgia for this by waiting but something will be out, even if it's in 5 years.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Zero.

Not even mad about it. The games had good ideas but they had no idea how to make a game around them and they were overall extremely average.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Did the second one ever get those items patched in that were taken away from the server shutdown :(

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Hey if they polish it up, I'm all for it, but as it stands... I need more changes before I buy another

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a chance. But I can't really fault Sony, they tried, thrice (OG game, remaster and sequel) and the sales just werent there.