• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Downhill Domination was such a fun racing game on PS2.

51T9HSH179L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Loved this game. I loved everything about this era of extreme sports games tbh. SSX, freekstyle, sledstorm etc. I miss it.

Tomba/Tombi stands out as a pretty under the radar exclusive.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
The craziest thing is that this thread could be twice as long if we just talked about Japanese releases from now on. But I'm sure there's still plenty of western releases we've forgotten to mention as well.

ivo

Nov 2, 2017
Totally forgot about this have until I was flipping through some old game magazines recently
24_-_The_Game.jpg

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
There's a game I played that's pretty cool, I'm not sure was an exclusive.

You were a stunt driver shooting movies, and you'd have to do driving stunts in a specific way in a specific time.

I think it was called Stunt Driver or Stuntman

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe I'm mistaken, but some of this doesn't really seem forgotten? When I think forgotten, I think looking at a mentioned game and thinking, "Whoa, I forgot about it until you mentioned it," and not just a game that hasn't had a sequel in a while.

Jet Moto and especially Syphon Filter fits this since "Bluepoint should make another Syphon Filter" gets mentioned a lot here. And stuff like Medievil can't be forgotten when it was remade just two years ago.

So when I think forgotten, I think:

s-l300.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Critical_Depth_computer_game_cover.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Both of these are vehicular combat games from the same studio that made Twisted Metal 1 and 2. None of them made it big, none of them really get mentioned here whatsoever, but they were both for PS1 and really fun in their own right. The premise of Rogue Trip was bonkers funny.

I would trade Days Gone for a sequel in a second.

lol then I'm glad you're not in charge of anything!

Oct 31, 2017
I had a better time w/ Rogue Trip than any Twisted Metal game. It was like a car combat Crazy taxi. And that soundtrack.

When I rented it, I thought, based on the commercials, that you were gonna try to pick some people up and shoot up some cars, which is kind of what it is, but I had no idea the people you were transporting would be outside your car running around, shouting, "Must get to safety!" and you had to chase after them.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Apocalypse was good though

I enjoyed it too but I thought Pacific Rift was so good that they would expand on that idea. I know things were a bit out of their hands though with Apocalypse not meeting expectations and even being cancelled in some places because actual real world disasters happening just before release, like the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I thought the series would push through and go back to racing without the disasters but nope.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Brave_Fencer_Musashi.jpg

You can't even buy this brilliant little ARPG. No digital release, one awful sequel on the PS2, and now most likely lost in time forever. RIP Brave Fencer Musashi.

tumblr_mb82hnhd8z1qb1m9to1_r1_500.gif

Wow. I never even knew it got a sequel on PS2. Must've been really bad then lol. Brave Fencer Musashi was god-tier tho. I freaking loved that game! PS1 is still the best gaming era of all time for me.

As for my own game to add (also from PS1 lol), I'd probly say Alundra. Another game that got an awful sequel and will forever be lost in time lol. It's Playstation's Zelda, and I'd argue it was a better Zelda than most Zelda games, but ppl might fight me about that. lol
220px-Alundra.jpg

Oh and this awesome unique fighting game! Even the adventure mode was kinda interesting, lol.
Ehrgeiz_Pal.jpg

Last edited: