• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of obsessed with Lebron's low res face in that still image for the video:

kFp04ka.png

Aside from pixelartbron...

Great Q.
  1. The Doug Flutie Hail Mary is always going to be up there for me
  2. Christian LAetner, hate the guy but holy shit that's an epic moment seared into my brain as a Duke hater
  3. "THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD"
  4. Adam Vinitieri's superbowl winning kicks, but especially the first one in 2002.
  5. Music City Miracle is a great one, that Tennessee titans touchdown, I think it's the first time I really remember a play like that ever happening
  6. Another +1 for Diggs TD, Playoff spot, like... a miraculous unbelievable play
I would have said like... Santonio Holmes catch, MAlcon Butler's pick, but those didn't technically *end the games* like there were still plays that happened after those plays, though whether they mattered or not is a different question. If it's like "Game deciding plays" then obviously that gets more broad, but Malcom Butlers is up there because there was so much excitement on both sides of the ball, like Seattle fans expecting the Seahawks to win, Patriots fans dying in their hearts, and fans of almost every other team in the league having passionate feelings against both teams (mostly against the Patriots, but Seattle was disliked then as well because they were *the* dominant team)

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Don't think MLB allows embedded videos. Here's the link.

Cincinnati Reds' Adam Dunn's 2006 walk-off grand slam against the Cleveland Indians.

It was ultimately not a meaningful game. The Reds were not good, but I was at the game and the Reds came down from 7 or 8 runs down and Adam Dunn won it with a walk-off grand slam. I was with my dad and brother right down right field in the front row, and my dad jokingly predicted a line drive home run down the right field line in front of us. When that happened the very next pitch some drunk guy freaked out and kept telling my dad, "You called it, man! This guy called it!" It was great. And it was Independence Day weekend so there was an awesome fireworks show after the game.

It's also personally notable because my dad always without fail leaves sporting events early, or at least is waiting near the exit to run out and beat the traffic rush out of the parking lot. But that weekend was like a boys weekend so we were staying at a hotel in downtown Cincinnati and could walk to the park and back, so we stayed the whole time. My brother and I never would have let him live that down had we missed that home run.

I also love Marty Brenneman's radio call here. "The Reds have done what appeared to be the impossible." Such a great moment.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's 2013 Auburn vs Alabama "Kick 6":

SB Nation has a rewind a few years ago breaking down the game:

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

And Solskjær has won it!

2 goals in injury time to win the Champions League for the first time in 30 years?

Yeah. That.

Nov 21, 2017
Andres Iniesta scoring the equalizer on minute 89 to bring Barcelona to the 2009 Champions League Final (which they won against M. United)

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

How about scoring a goal on minute 116 of a World Cup Final?

Oh, and for extra tear-jerking points: on his undershirt, he had a message of rememberance for Dani Jarque, a fellow football player and good friend of his, who died a year earlier of cardiac arrest:

1468220755_795506_1468221127_noticia_normal.jpg

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

First that came to my mind, Argentina scoring 2x1 at 43', then Tevez holding the ball at the sideline, almost celebrating... to Adriano scoring in the last seconds.

Oct 26, 2017

Seeing the Kings' 2014 Cup-winning goal is part of the reason why I started paying attention to hockey in the first place.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
2006 NLCS Game 7. Bottom of the ninth, Mets down by two, bases loaded, two outs. Mets' best hitter up to bat. He has been great against Cardinal pitching.

A single would at least tie the game and, if well placed, could even walk it off for the Mets. A double or better would definitely win it. This is the ultimate baseball situation. The tension In the air as that pitch leaves Wainwright's hand, knowing this pitch could send either team to the World Series.

Wainwright freezes Beltran for strike 3.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Eagles fan so although these might not be the best overall they are great for me.

Usually giving Tom Brady the last possession in a game spells doom for whoever he plays against, but not this time. Everybody celebrating as hard as they could when it happened.

YA'LL KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO BE POSTED.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
College Football is not anywhere near my favorite sport but it dominates this category. So many legendary game-ending plays.

I like "The Play" just for the absurdity of it all.
youtu.be

The Play from the 1982 Big Game

This legendary play took place during the Cal vs Stanford Big Game in 1982 and forever more has been called "The Play." We hope it makes you smile. Go Bears!
The-play.jpg
This is the granddaddy of them all. The most insane finishing play ever.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Great night

Goosebumps. An amazing fight and seeing Corrales win when he looked totally shot was unbelievable.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Personal favorite as a former diehard Stl Cardinals fan is David Freese's walk off home run in game 6 of the world series in 2011. The game itself was great but to appreciate the play really requires the context of the last month of the season. The comeback from 10+ games back in the wildcard and the crazy postseason rollercoaster building to that moment was just insane. Don't really watch baseball anymore but that's still my favorite season of sports

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I always think back to Mike Brown in the 2001 Bears season closing two games (That they shoulda lost) in OT with interceptions. It was amazing.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute insanity of this encompasses the final 33 seconds, even though it does end on a nearly decisive final play. Even though Reggie Miller's 8 in 9 is a higher point density, Tracy McGrady's 13 in 33 feels even more unbelievable. It's absolutely insane.

Oct 27, 2017

Luap

Oct 26, 2017

Mariners over Yankees in 95 playoffs.
They didn't advance after winning this playoff series, but it was a hell of a moment.

As a Dodger fan, Gibson's home run in game 1 is legendary for me. The call from Vin Scully and the fist pump still give me chills today.

These 2 are my top picks as well. But since they're taken, I'll go to more recent times:

JT's epic walk off homer in the 2017 NLCS. The Cubs never recovered.

Muncy's walk off homer in the 2018 World Series, to bring a merciful end to an 18 inning marathon.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
not a score but the final moments of the 2009 stanley cup final were super exciting as a pens fan

theres probably a better video as iirc the wings were in the pens zone for like 2 minutes (or at least it felt like that) but this is what i could find

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
1999 Champions League final, Man United losing 1-0 in the 89th minute. Teddy Sheringham then Ole Gunnar Solksjaer pop up and make it 2-1 United win.

Also I suppose the miracle in Istanbul was an amazing turnaround. Liverpool 3-0 down at half time and come out in the second half with the greatest comeback you will ever see get it to 3-3 then Dudek saves from Shevchenko in the penalty shootout.

Both great games, 1999 is more memorable for me cos I'm a United fan.
I was going to say the 99 final. The turnaround was so late in the game.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The Timeout

Also Curry game winner vs. OKC

Made even more perfect by Kanter's reaction from the bench while the shot was still in the air LOL. Might be the most exciting NBA regular season game I've ever seen.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
My 2 favorite have already been covered...

Carter's home run for the Blue Jay victory. Iconic.
Crosby's golden goal in the Olympics. Those Vancouver Olympics were a ton of fun for Canadians.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
The Kawhi shot in game 7 of the 2019 semifinal series against the 76ers.

Time stood still in that moment.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
1999 Champions League final, Man United losing 1-0 in the 89th minute. Teddy Sheringham then Ole Gunnar Solksjaer pop up and make it 2-1 United win.

Also I suppose the miracle in Istanbul was an amazing turnaround. Liverpool 3-0 down at half time and come out in the second half with the greatest comeback you will ever see get it to 3-3 then Dudek saves from Shevchenko in the penalty shootout.

Both great games, 1999 is more memorable for me cos I'm a United fan.

yeah 1999 champions league final. Jesus 21 years ago! Feels like yesterday. Amazing turnaround

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's 2013 Auburn vs Alabama "Kick 6":

SB Nation has a rewind a few years ago breaking down the game:

That's what i thought of, i don't think it's even close.

Biggest rivals from two major college programs and the winner goes to the National Championship, A return TD on a field goal happens like once every couple of years in football.