• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The subsurface watercraft looks kinda neat!
Only at Hammacher Schlemmer, the question becomes - why stop at subsurface?
Yeah I don't think I can beat that.
I didn't know I needed a pool table shaped like a 50s Cadillac, but now it's all i can think about!
And so cheap! Less than half the price of a full 17 instrument self-contained hootenanny!
I probably should buy the T-rex skull.
I'm not really sure where I would put something like that, or even how to get it in my house.

I'll have to figure something out.
Rest easy knowing that you too spared no expense!
This is great. Sort by price high to low and it's a huge list of things that a character in a comedy movie would buy after winning the lottery.
For the man who has everything, why not mash some of that everything together to make it underwater capable, flying, retro, or bespoke?
I've never wanted anything more in my life then I want that Superplexus, the track is longer the a football field! Atleast 425 turns! YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS A 1/16TH INCH WIRE AT MULTIPLE POINTS!

I need this in my life, I can't die happy until I've completed it.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp, and fear not! HS is on hand to provide a less expensive option for those on a budget.

Hammacher Schlemmer rules.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my sweet summer child.

Allow me to introduce you to the madness that is Hammacher Schlemmer:
78372_380x380.jpg

Superplexus 3D Gravity Ball Maze, a mere $55k

JFC, that thing looks like it'll open a portal to Hell if you solve it...

TRS8088

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My mom would buy the worst uni-tasker kitchen devices from Home Shopping Network/QVC. Once Alton Brown passes away he'll immediately start rolling in the grave at the thought of it.

Also yes Dude Wipes. Even when I want some ass wipes I ain't buying that dumb shit.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019

The first time I saw the commercial for that is still permanently scarred into my memory. For a few moments it felt like what one would imagine going mad would feel like.

My favorite thing about this product is imageining all the Trump supporters who bought it, childishly crying into their Trumpy Bears after Fox News called the election for Biden all while throwing a tantrum about how it was rigged and not fair. Fills me with joy! Thanks Trumpy Bear!

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
Gift cards. Just give cash, it's infinitely more flexible for the recipient and doesn't create excess waste. I've always thought they were pointless. I suppose you could argue it shows more thought in terms of gift giving than cash, you narrowed it down to a broad category of store the recipient might be interested in, but for me it just seems needlessly restrictive. What if they didn't want anything from a particular shop? Now they're stuck with it, or left to sell it for a percentage of the card's value.

Totally agree. I also think in many cases, people don't spend the entire gift card. If there's 74 cents left on it, some people probably just throw it away. Like where i live, it's common to buy a gift card that works at several stores, including grocery stores. What happens to the remaining money?

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Gift cards. Just give cash, it's infinitely more flexible for the recipient and doesn't create excess waste. I've always thought they were pointless. I suppose you could argue it shows more thought in terms of gift giving than cash, you narrowed it down to a broad category of store the recipient might be interested in, but for me it just seems needlessly restrictive. What if they didn't want anything from a particular shop? Now they're stuck with it, or left to sell it for a percentage of the card's value.

There are reasons to buy gift cards. One is that you could get discounts on gift cards from many stores. Costco, for example, always have gift cards on sale for 10-20% off. So gifting a gift card can save you a bit compared to just handing out cash.