• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If Deltarune becomes EGS exclusive, would you wait?

• My determination will not break. 1 year wait. No exceptions

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • I'll cave and get it on EGS.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Not my problem. PS4/Xbox/Switch version for me.

Votes: 40 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With EGS swooping in to take away any decent looking game away from Steam, it seems inevitable that they will try to throw money at Toby Fox to make Deltarune EGS exclusive.

Do you think Toby would accept it or not? And if so, would you still wait 1 year for steam?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
ZMkPn09.jpg

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I mean, Toby has a team now, right? He isn't doing Deltarune alone. If money helps that team not stress over financial concerns, then great.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
I'm just going to get the game wherever it's available?
I'll let business people worry about what stores to put it on.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I don't know, Toby doesn't really strike me as the kind of guy who'd take the deal. If anything, he'd have a joke mocking EGS in the game itself. Then again, I don't know him so I can't say for sure.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... nah, I don't see it. I'm going to guess that Toby Fox is pretty much set after the runaway success of Undertale, and he's always been open to having his game on as many platforms as possible. So I certainly don't think it's inevitable, but I wouldn't have any problems playing it if it was. Toby Fox deserves nothing but success.

Not to thread whine, but I'm not sure if the premise of this thread will be conducive to constructive conversation. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, aside for the fact that the first option will be always true for me no matter the title, if I ever would feel the sting of temptation to bend the rule, it surely wouldn't be for "Deltarune".

Ask me again in few months for Mount & Blade Bannerlords.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
If a game is an EGS exclusive it doesn't bother me.
I would probably buy it day one as well.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EGS exclusivity makes sense when you have a larger team of people and your game is less of a sure fire hit.

A 1 man team who is coming off a mega hit is basically already set for life. Dude doesnt have to sweat it like these other teams.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Switch version for me. If I had a PC, I wouldn't let something as trivial as this stop me from playing a game I really want to play immediately.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
where's the "don't give a piss about this worthless gamer dribble" poll option tho

i'd download any launcher for free on my pc to play deltarune lmao

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
I will not use egs untill they stop doing exclusive deals for already existing games and start funding new and exciting projects with their infinity money.

If that ever happens anyway.

Probably wont, screw adding some real value to the store when you can just take value away for everyone with moneyhats, right? Nice and easy..

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
This is the same Toby Fox who refused a ton of merchandising deals for Undertale that were likely offering a lot of money.

But as was mentioned, he has a team and a larger workload now so who knows?

Either way, I'm getting it on Switch.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It wouldn't affect me either way but if it's a deal that helps the developers then why not? I get why people don't want that to happen but there's lots of things I would want or don't want from lots of games that will disappoint me. Can't always get what we want.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We don't really need threads based on speculation and no evidence in cases like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.