• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I have my own list but I wonder what else is out there that's ovbious.

1. The new Batman game. I mean, come on. This game goes at the top for the worst kept secrets in Gaming right now. Day old toddlers know that this game exists. It's been teased and leaked over the past 5 years.

2. Fable 4. Everyone and their mothers, knows that Microsoft and Playground Games are working on a new Fable game. It might be a reboot but we don't know yet. Now if only Microsoft would reveal it. It's due time.

3. GTA VI. There's nothing more obvious in the world than the fact that GTA VI is being worked on and will release one day.

4. Harry Potter RPG. This game has been leaked already with gameplay. It's extremely obvious that it's coming and WB sure is taking their good old time to reveal it.

5. Assassins Creed: Vikings. This one was leaked last year. We know that it's about Vikings, is codenamed Kingdom and will release this year. Now I wonder when Ubisoft will reveal it.

Now what other big worst kept secrets in gaming are there? The next Splinter Cell? Skate 4? Mass Effect 5? Timsplitters 4? A new SOCOM game by Guerrilla Games? God of War 2? Spider-Man 2? Horizon One Dawn? Demon Souls remaster? Uncharted 5 by San Diego Sony studio?

Last edited:

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
GTA6 is a fair and easy assumption to make. It's not a worst kept secret though as no proof or leaks of any legitimacy happened.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
The Metroid Prime Trilogy that's supposedly ready to go whenever.

Meanwhile on the other side of things, there's whatever Retro was working on for 4+ years that we will likely never know about.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017

Not really at all. People were saying this shit ages before it was even on the table at capcom for a confirm/deny - it's like people who go omg dmc5 with 0 info until they were finally right - dmc5 was actually a pretty well kept secret for a good 3 years.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Destiny 3.

Bungie hasn't announced anything, but we know it's coming. They've said that D2 can't keep growing in size. But they also need to keep making content.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
HZD2, GoW2 and Spider-Man 2 are no brainers. All those games sold a ton and were critically acclaimed. There's no way they're not getting sequels, and there's no way those sequels aren't being worked on right now.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
No? It's coming out this year.
yea.
assassins-creed-next-768x187.jpg

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna deconfirm half this thread -
Just because a bunch of people said it's happening doesn't mean it's happening. That's not a badly kept secret, that's just an assumption.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Jul 10, 2018
Brave Fencer Musashi Remaster
Jet Set Radio 3

Harmonix continues making trend-du-jour drivel.

But I live in a dreamland so please don't insult me.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Whats so errr about it?

Has to be any Ubisoft game, really. Specially the Assassin's Creed games.
Its one thing for people to know you're working on sequels to huge successful games, its another to know months in advance what the setting of the game is, what are the protagonists, if they're male, female, new mechanics, the engine they're using, etc...
I mean, their games even get leaked through fucking keychains and promo t-shirts...

EDIT: Oh fuck, didnt see the "right now" part. I still stand on the AC part. Whatever the new one is, im sure there is a lot out there, already.
And yeah, WBMontreal's Batman game. With that amount of leaks, you would've expected an announcement already.
Probably one of the poorest/weirdest marketing strategies in a while.

Last edited:

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Crash 4.

TLOU2, GoT, Cyberpunk, and basically every other big 2020 game past FFVII getting delayed.