• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We need some positivity, so let's talk about Superman moments that are wholesome and meaningful. I'll go with a recent one.

From Superman & Lois:

"Thanks. My mom made it for me."

youtu.be

Superman & Lois 1x01 Opening Scene (HD)

Watch the opening scene of Superman & Lois, featuring the classic Superman suit and more. The epic two hour series premiere of Superman & Lois will be availa...

Just makes you smile.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
zacksynder-manofsteel.gif

data west

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a touchy one one Era, but this was one of my favorites just less' cops good' and more just Superman seeing a normal dude on the same level as him and Nightwing

Tc7ZrcNLSw7nooRJVYDUvCkHdXDbsqHNyMJDET83MYc.jpg

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I used to change his diapers.
You don't have to tell them that.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
There's a gif from Superman and Lois where Clark throws his hands up in exasperation to something his kid said. Just a really human moment.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to post the "obviously cliché" choice, but even after all these years the plane rescue scene from Superman Returns is still one of my favorite Superman moments of all time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to add the scene in Superman and Lois where he finally reveals himself to his kids. It was a very realistic reaction, and set the tone for the entire series.

Also, I just love the first flight with Supes and Lois.
superman-clark-kent.gif

Jun 17, 2019
My Picks:
there's one where Superman meets with Connie, a young cancer patient and his comments to her brought me to tears the first time I read it. (On a side note I met the author and told him how much his work inspired me.)
E5w467UXMAgahS9

E5w47VXWUAAXgdT

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The Superman Red & Blue series is like a playlist of amazing moments. I remember issue 6 having a lot I loved, but it's hard to find the panels online.

96x4axxzj0i71.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

www.youtube.com

Justice League Action | Good Cop, Bat Cop | @dckids

Deadshot may be tough, but is he tough enough to stand against the Justice League's new interrogation routine?Watch the full series here: https://www.youtube...

also as a bonus

youtu.be

Clark is asked to pledge his allegiance to America | Superman and Lois 2x01

Clark meets with the new head of the DOD.#Superman and Lois Season 2 Episode 1#Teen Wolf reunion# Ian Bohen and Tyler Hoechlin

edit : and this one

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's not exactly heartwarming, but I always really liked the end of the "Superman Versus the Elite" movie where Superman is sick of having to deal with people calling his actions into question for being too much of a goody two-shoes and The Elite calling him out on being weak so he fakes an entire battle against them where he completely nonlethally kicks their ass to teach them a lesson on both why he uses a light touch and what he's actually capable of.

Also this always gets me, I like to think it's mutual:
DetectiveComics1017-panel.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Also this always gets me, I like to think it's mutual:
DetectiveComics1017-panel.jpg

Anyone have that (i think it is a tom king run?) where selina and batman are infiltrating a building and clark and lois are entering the same building and they are talking about each other and their mutual respect ?

It is super cheesy, buti love it

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
0xvf6p9mzn541.jpg

I always loved the moment in Superman Smashes the Klan where he gives Roberta his cape. It's a small gesture in the grand scheme of things but you can tell it means the world to her.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
as a non-joke answer i always loved in the first superman movie when the music cuts out and its gets really quiet before superman explodes with grief and reverses time

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

Also the fight from "Legacy", but that's more a Darkseid moment.

"I am many things, Kal-El. But here...I am God."

(go to 1:06 if the timestamp doesn't work, the entire sequence is great tho)

"Cool costume!"
"Thanks! My mom made it for me!"

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm reading the Injustice comics right now, I really needed this thread 😅

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017

Definitely this one for me too.

I got chills just now being reminded of this panel.

Edit: Yeah, what Xero grimlock says below only makes this scene MORE impactful. Stuff like this shows why this character is endearing and great, and why I'll always be upset when people are like "He's lame and too powerful and dumb"

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
My only issue with the scan is the entire context around it makes it so much better with everything going on, superman with very limited time left in his life and he was still listening and was able to stop and have a moment.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not directly a Superman scene per se, but a cute little comic where Luthor runs into a Superman fan with a great punchline:

why-i-love-comics.tumblr.com

A blog dedicated to all your favorite moments

DC’s Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer Special #1 - “Help” (2018) written by Jeff Loveness art by David Williams & Steve Buccellato

God I love Superman

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Not directly a Superman scene per se, but a cute little comic where Luthor runs into a Superman fan with a great punchline:

why-i-love-comics.tumblr.com

A blog dedicated to all your favorite moments

DC’s Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer Special #1 - “Help” (2018) written by Jeff Loveness art by David Williams & Steve Buccellato

God I love Superman

I've never seen this one before... damn, that was great. Superman is awesome.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Any time Superman beats Batman's ass is pretty satisfying, honestly. But the real answer is any moment from Superman TAS. All-time favorite is maybe when he swapped costumes with Batman to throw the villains off.

May 24, 2019
Anyone got the image from Greg Pak's Action Comics where depowered Supes is standing between an inner city community and a squad of riot cops?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
You wanted wholesome, but fuck that, my favourite Superman moment is the already posted 'world of cardboard' speech from the final episode of Justice League Unlimited. It's just awesome.

Also this:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
You wanted wholesome, but fuck that, my favourite Superman moment is the already posted 'world of cardboard' speech from the final episode of Justice League Unlimited. It's just awesome.

Also this:

Always wondered if the DCAU Lois learned the truth. I think it's mentioned she passed away in a side comic when Starro was controlling Superman in Beyond.