• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Garbage season but they had fire costume designs
latest
GoseiKnight is awesome too and the only thing of value from the entire series

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The comics have been killing it.

Omega Rangers
01bcf1dbff7d08c49dd9789fda3046c8.jpg

Solar Rangers
be59c2d16d0e7a378813de369c109f94dbde3877r1-689-758v2_uhq.jpg

I'll admit, I'll always prefer the Mighty Morphin/Zyuranger suits. I still think they just found that perfect balance.
1220190.jpg

And as odd as it is, I really like the V2 Green Ranger suit probably the most of any suit.
tenor.gif

Shoutouts to Turbo Rangers and Time Force Rangers for also having some of my favorite suits.
Okay, but those solar rangers... I need figures today and tomorrow.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The comics have been killing it.

Omega Rangers
01bcf1dbff7d08c49dd9789fda3046c8.jpg

Solar Rangers
be59c2d16d0e7a378813de369c109f94dbde3877r1-689-758v2_uhq.jpg

I'll admit, I'll always prefer the Mighty Morphin/Zyuranger suits. I still think they just found that perfect balance.
1220190.jpg

And as odd as it is, I really like the V2 Green Ranger suit probably the most of any suit.
tenor.gif

Shoutouts to Turbo Rangers and Time Force Rangers for also having some of my favorite suits.
God damn the Omega and Solar Rangers look phenomenal.

Alongside Lord Drakkon and Ranger Slayer the comic designs will never cease to amaze me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They definitely have been made by people who deeply love the source material. But the writing is the best thing power rangers has ever had.
I applaud them doing their thing. But the spirit and the levels are just not there from Sentai. Same reason I haven't watched power rangers since SPD.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
The Ninja Steel, Mega Force, and Time Force suits are pretty awesome. I also like the Mystic Force suits, especially Solaris Knight. And the Alien Ranger suits are simple, yet still cool. But wow, Kyuranger? *chef kiss*

Edit: We can all agree that the ToQger suits are complete ass, right?

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think I like Shinkenger suits the best to be honest. A simple but classy take on the Japanese 和風 aesthetic.
They also have one of my favorite entrances! Wish I could find a video of it. heh
The Super Shinken Red suit is pretty nice as well.

Other favorites are the classic zyuranger suits (especially dragon ranger) and hurricanger.
Dairanger also look nice but I don't have much love for them yet as I haven't seen the series still (one of the most annoying exclusions from Amazon Prime selection)

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Kyuranger is fucking amazing. I love that they went balls wild with the colors and even the rangers are different shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, I dont know if we will see them ever bring it to PR... Really love Dairanger and Zeo as well.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
From purely a "Power Rangers" perspective
Ninninger and Kyoryuger are awesome. Since my kids have gotten knee deep into Rangers, I have watched so many series and those were awesome

though with how awesome Kyuranger looks does that series have a "PR" alt?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That's too hard for me to decide. I love Kyuranger, In Space/Megaranger, Ninja Steel/Ninninger, Kirameiger... there's too many to choose from.

I look forward to having the Ryusoulger/Dino Fury suits in Lightning Collection figures soon as well. Gaisoulg is a wonderful design as well - so many good villain designs.

I have an entire room in my house devoted to PR/Sentai toys so it's incredibly hard for me to choose 😂

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Brajira was a good villain. Wasted on a bad series.
He would have been even better had his true identity been Magis, it would have been awesome and very impactful if when he cycled back through all of his forms he had in the series it would have ended with him pulling out his Gosei Changer, dropping the Camoumirage card reverting back to GoseiGreen.

They definitely have been made by people who deeply love the source material. But the writing is the best thing power rangers has ever had.
I don't think the writing is that great to be honest, early Go Go Power Rangers was the best. MMPR was okay but too Tommy centric and there's a bit too much "dark and gritty" for my taste that doesn't really fit the franchisemand because the comics are supposed to be in continuity with the tv show they skip over the big status quo changing events which hurts the comics in my opinion because instead of properly introducing major characters they simply show up after a time skip. The big events of the comics are also weird because for obvious reasons they are never mentioned in the tv show.
I would have preferred if the comics had been a continuity reboot doing their own thing instead of trying to kinda fit between episodes of the tv show.

Are these shows just as good as anime? Should I was some?
You should, yes. If you like action shows with a focus on teamwork and don't mimd the toy commercial part of it sentai is a lot of fun. Some seasons more than others but that depends on what you like.

Jun 20, 2018
I have no opinion on the best suits but damn this is making me want to watch Power Rangers again. I think the comics might be a good place to start.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the writing is that great to be honest, early Go Go Power Rangers was the best. MMPR was okay but too Tommy centric and there's a bit too much "dark and gritty" for my taste that doesn't really fit the franchisemand because the comics are supposed to be in continuity with the tv show they skip over the big status quo changing events which hurts the comics in my opinion because instead of properly introducing major characters they simply show up after a time skip. The big events of the comics are also weird because for obvious reasons they are never mentioned in the tv show.
I would have preferred if the comics had been a continuity reboot doing their own thing instead of trying to kinda fit between episodes of the tv show.

Eh, I've always viewed the comics as doing their own thing, like obviously they will fit moments from the show in but it's clearly its own story.

Also those major characters do end up getting more of an introduction in Go Go. They wanted to do a shock and surprise reveal in MMPR and then jump back (as Go Go and MMPR and situated at different points in time). And it helped Go Go to get a few more issues until they felt good about where it lines up with MMPR so they could end it.