• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
NC
Today we are gonna talk about the wonderful culinary creation, the humble burger. With just meat and bread it's just a simple meal, but when you get creative enough to add an assortment of ingredients to it, the burger can become a great meal. And today we are gonna talk about great burgers. So....what are they?

For me, I'm gonna open with the simple assortment of patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo and bun. Simple yet satisfying.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Fresh gourmet buns buttered and lightly toasted. Some kind of garlic or truffle aioli (bonuts pts if it's got some spice/kick), thick well-seasoned patty, grilled/fried onions, lettuce, tomato, dill pickles, and crispy bacon.

I love burgers and am into all different kinds of combinations, but configurations that are close to ^^ are my fav usually.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Any burger with bacon and mushrooms on it.

Other acceptable toppings, grilled onions, fried onions, egg, cheese.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
like my burger with avocado, black beans and chorizo. mozzarella cheese instead of the american slices.

sprinkle the beef patty with cayenne maybe.

a plain burger just doesnt quite do it for me.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
There is a restaurant in Cork called the Coq Bull and they make the most amazing burgers. My favourite is definitely the Blue Bull, comprised of a mushroom fritter, blue cheese, bone marrow butter and rocket and house sauce on top of the beef. It is absolutely sublime.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Bacon burgers. I think sauces can take burgers to another level as well so things like bbq or a spicy mayo are really good.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Any burger with bacon and mushrooms on it.

Other acceptable toppings, grilled onions, fried onions, egg, cheese.
Yes, to all of this

Replace "grilled onions" with "caramelized onions" though and you've got the perfect burger

Wait, I can't read, it's right there. Yes, absolutely. Best toppings, for sure.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Luther Burger baby.
photo2jpg.jpg

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Today we are gonna talk about the wonderful culinary creation, the humble burger. With just meat and bread it's just a simple meal, but when you get creative enough to add an assortment of ingredients to it, the burger can become a great meal. And today we are gonna talk about great burgers. So....what are they?

For me, I'm gonna open with the simple assortment of patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo and bun. Simple yet satisfying.
That's it. I like them simple.

Switch cheese and mushroom burgers are great too. A fried egg also helps.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheese, tomatoes, grilled onions, and either ketchup and mayo or special sauce. I'll eat bacon, but it might be gratuitous to have on a burger.

Dec 31, 2017
Generally simpler is better. I like grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, jalapeño, cheese. Ketchup/mustard optional. Much of the quality depends on the meat regardless.

May 5, 2018
I'm a sucker for Bacon and Blue Burgers and Mushroom and Swiss Burgers. The combination of ingredients in each makes the burger takes really savory. I'm also down for a traditional burger with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and the usual condiments.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I like a good ole fashioned cheese burger w/ lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion. No condiments.

Also, if you've never had a green chile burger you need to change that asap:

hamburguesa.jpg

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do my own burguer with my own blend of meat

Is pretty tasty, sometimes a i put bacon, mozzarela, grilled onions, lettuce and tomatoes.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'll take a simple bacon double cheeseburger any day. Or a breakfast burger.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Just the basic tomato, lettuce, onion, and pickle. Add green chile and cheese if you are willing to spend the extra dollar fifty.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Thick patty, well sauced, and bacon. All I care about.

No veg. If I wanted veg I would order a salad.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Whataburger had a green chile burger that I havent found a suitable replacement for. It haunts me.

Oct 27, 2017
high quality beef patty, something like five guys or in-n-out

grilled or fried onions, pickles, bacon, mushrooms, cheese - best toppings. i like a little mustard on my burgers as well. ALWAYS french fries on the side.

i've actually grown to dislike tomato slices and lettuce in my burger, i think it ruins the consistency of the taste/texture

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
You might think it's too much cheese but the burgers from Squeeze Inn, here and around Sacramento, CA., are amazing. Has your standard toppings but the cheese skirt just takes it up a notch.

maxresdefault.jpg