• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
The best airport I have experience with is, well, mine. Phoenix is known for having a great airport. The worst? Well, it's been said before, but LAX really does suck. Awful airport.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
Best Istambul 100%. Their lounge is just the most amazing thing I've seen when it comes to airports.
They have chefs scattered on several stations where you can have amazing food.
Showers. You can get a massage...

The worst has to be Brussels airport.
I went there a couple of weeks after the terrorist attack and, understandably so, the experience was bad.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Have said it before but also it is only a one time experience there but Boston Logan was great, at least to land at. I was at the hotel like less than an hour after i landed. Probably lucky with barely any people passing through immigration and then a short uber drive to the hotel.

Worst is always Berlin Tegel. It is old and crummy and if you don't have a flight outside the main building its even worst.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
Best: Kona International (KOA) on the Big Island of Hawaii. Super charming, largely outdoor airport with a unique Hawaiian feel.

Worst: Atlanta International (ATL). Was stranded thanks to a delay there once and I'm still affected by the experience. It's a massive, chaotic place. Honorable mentions to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and JFK which are old, and it shows.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Portland's airport (PDX) is voted the best airport in the US for like 7 years in a row. It's fantastic.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I haven't dealt with a lot but worst was LAX, dealing with getting out of there took so much time to the point where it would have just taken the same amount of time to just drive down there (from the bay area).

The best is probably the Oakland Airport for being straightforward and mostly chill.

Worst: Atlanta International (ATL). Was stranded thanks to a delay there once and I'm still affected by the experience. It's a massive, chaotic place. Honorable mentions to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and JFK which are old, and it shows.

This is one of the few I've been to and while it is massive, I found it straightforward enough to know where to go, though luggage claim is a bit confusing. The food options are god-tier though.

Oct 30, 2017
Atlanta is too crowded. But it generally functions.

I didn't care that I had to check my bag at a different terminal than my gate at LAX.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
I would literally live in Austin-Bergstrom. That airport feels so less chaotic than many of the other international airports I've been at.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who routinely flies out of DFW, I was surprised at how crappy ATL was. LAX and JFK are on another level of terrible though.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Best experience, Liverpool. I tried to get something from the vending machine and 3 things dropped out. Fuck ME, what a time to be alive.

Worst experience, Florida. Some kid shit on the floor and it remained on the floor for quite an amount of time. Just sat there in my peripheral vision, winking at me. I had to move.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I would literally live in Austin-Bergstrom. That airport feels so less chaotic than many of the other international airports I've been at.

Austin's airport is incredible, and that new pickup system they've aped from SFO and LGA is definitely cherry on top.

LaGuardia is a nightmare.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin Schonefeld easily. Imagine the ugliest, drabbest airport you've ever been to, make all the corridors narrower and take away about 90% of the seating.

Now imagine all that but full of people due to bad weather causing delays. It might literally be the worst airport in the first world.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I've flown into and out of a ton of airports in the US. LaGuardia is trash.
I don't know if it's the best experience I've ever had, but I like Dallas Love Field quite a bit.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worst, Newark New Jersey- not just the meanest tsa staff in the nation but also a death trap. If there's ever a fire both exit and enter lanes from/to the terminals which are one person wide are going to be carnage. And the food. Oh my god.

Best? St. George, Utah is like private jets for regular people. I am also fond of any outdoor tropical island airport that smells of plumerias and the ocean.

Shoutout to San Diego for being walking distance to downtown.

Reverse shoutout to "Reykjavik" for being in a different part of Iceland from actual Reykjavik.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
LaGuardia is horrible. Biden was right, it really is like a third world nation.

Newark is pretty bad too.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I really like Frankfurt's airport, been there enough times and know the whole layout. There's a McCafe I always go to for a coffee and comfortable seating, and its not too large.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like DFW since it has some good fast food options that I haven't seen at a lot of other airports I've been to domestically. I'll usually get some Shack Shake over there since I don't have one near my actual home, and I got to try out Whataburger for the first time over there. Plus I think the airport overall is pretty well designed. Good amount of seating and charging options, and the rail shuttle makes it pretty easy to get to all the terminals.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
LAX is terrible, and I really don't like Las Vegas more due to how shitty I found people to be there. Not the biggest fan of ATL mostly how long it takes to get your luggage and the rude TSAs

I'm biased, but I love Denver International, PDX, and New Mexico's airport

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I travel to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport fairly often, and it's usually a good experience, but I was blindsided when I landed at the South Terminal one day, which is a glorified bus stop. Had to disembark the plane outside, bathrooms don't have separators between urinals, had to take a bus that comes every 40 minutes to get to the rental car place, and there's no shade at the bus stop itself. I waited at the building proper, but there were a bunch of people just standing out in the sun.

Oct 28, 2017
Upside down
Worst BHX, it's shit and falling apart. There was a bag on the carousel and each time it went past it got more and more damaged. I have multiple suit cases ruined by them.

Best HKG, nice airport, never had any issues there.

Notable mentions.
HND, the terminal I arrived in was pretty old and run down, but they was renovating it. The departure one was nice.

DBX, it stunk like sewage last time I went through, but the times before it was ok. Going out there was a lot of rain and the ceiling was leaking water all over the place.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Best - Singapore. Massive, clean, has gardens, can do a bus tour of the city on a layover. So nice I'll stay in Singapore a while if I visit Australia again.

Worst - Trieste, it was fine. Just had to sit on the floor a while so takes worst by default.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't travel much, but;

Best: Detroit. Nice terminal, clean and well decorated. The monorail is especially nice.

Worst: O'Hare. It always seems to be under construction.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Within the US, PDX is great. Even the carpeting;) And I've generally had good experiences connecting through DTW.

My personal least favorite is EWR. There's probably worse, but I've never had anything resembling a good experience the times I've had fly through Newark...

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Worst: Logan. I found a toilet filled with blood in the men's room.

Best: Dubai. Place was great.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Logan in Boston sucks. The one in new Jersey also sucks, Newark. I've never connected at Newark and had it *not* been pure chaos.

Vancouver was nice. Denver was fine. Don't really like Frankfurt. Took forever to get from one side of the U to another there for w connecting flight.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Vegas always seems to be packed with terrible insufferable people. Idk just get a bad vibe there and it's really small if your waiting at a gate. Quite a few nice vendors though. Seattle and Hong Kong are really nice, may just be nostalgic but very clean and big open spaces. A lot of vendors and just a really chill vibe. SFO the same but once again that may just be nostalgic.

Kolkata was colorful but pretty rough. That's probably the most third world place I've been though but just dirty and pretty tense with the luggage checks. I was pretty easy to spot as a foreigner though so totally get the thorough check. Osaka was pretty nice. Mailed a wifi mobile router to their post office and it was a very smooth process.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Worst:
-LAX
-Miami
-JFK

LAX in particular is so poorly designed that I pay more money to fly into John Wayne airport instead.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
I can only speak on US airports I've been to since I haven't travelled internationally yet.

The best airports in the US I've been to that are coming to mind are PDX and Houston Hobby. PDX I've flown into and out of a few times, I have to echo all the good sentiments about it in the thread so far. It's nice, compact and extremely easy to get around! It's basically one middle ish sized Terminal, kind of a middle sized hall. Everything you need is all in that hall pretty much. Food, toilets and gates are all organized really well Had nothing but enormously positive experiences both times I've been there! Even the road going up to the airport itself is really nice, with nice well kept up hotels and food all well laid out along that road. Very easy to get to Downtown Portland from there too. If you have to make a connecting flight on the West coast and PDX is a viable option for that, take it. You'll be glad you did. The one only small downside for PDX is that it's not really a hub airport so flying into it will cost a lot. After my great experiences there though I was happy to pay the extra.

Houston Hobby I was just at in October. I was going to Tulsa and a layover in Houston was the most viable and cheapest way to get me there since there's no direct Southwest Tulsa flights out of Chicago Midway. When my flights were booked the first thing out of my mouth was "Which one of the Houston airports do I gotta go through? "Hobby.". I was relieved because all I've heard about Bush Intercontinental is that it's big, laid out, confusing and a pain in the ass to get around. I was still nervous though since I've never been to Houston. Looked at the layout of Hobby online, when I saw how simple it is I was shocked. Hobby was a pleasure to use. Like PDX it's well laid out and very easy to get around. I had a 1.5 hour layover there...landed 10 mins early and got to my connecting gate in under 10 minutes, no problems at all. The folks working there, as well as the guy sitting next to me on the way down made me feel welcome and at home in Houston. I can easily recommend Hobby airport.

So my vote is for PDX and Houston Hobby.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
20180508_2127009-1-916x516.jpg

Jakarta's new terminal was unreal for me. So futuristic.

We had to wait 14 hours for our connecting flight, but it was somewhat bearable thanks to the new terminal.

24/7 shops open, extremely clean, airco everywhere, confortable benches. It was great.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The best airport I have experience with is, well, mine. Phoenix is known for having a great airport. The worst? Well, it's been said before, but LAX really does suck. Awful airport.

This is my answer as well. LAX is horrible, and has been every time I've been through there, which has been a lot. Phoenix airport is pretty good. Though I also want to say that Haneda airport in Tokyo is pretty good as well.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hong Kong.

Amazing 5 minutes, check-in, security, passport.

Worst was Shanghai old airport. Security took hours.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego International Airport was complete ass the last time I was there.

The best for me still has been Denver, and Tampa since they've renovated.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Singapore stands out for me. Quick customs process and highly efficient taxi stand. Was a breeze going in and out as an international visitor.

I'm a fan of Dallas Love - just so quick and easy. MCO has one of the most shameful security setups I've ever seen. DFW is fine enough I guess - except for TSA PreCheck points being randomly strewn about.