• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 24, 2019
By unorthodox or obscure, I mean eras that aren't glaringly obvious or highly-requested, like Imperial Rome, Vikings, Feudal Japan, Feudal China, etc.

History is full of so many cool and interesting time periods, which lesser-known ones would you like to see featured in an Assassin's Creed game one day?

Oct 30, 2017
Civil War-era AC. Have Lincoln be a former Assassin or some shit. John Wilkes Booth could be a Templar descendant. All the CW-era military leaders could be rolled into the AC mythos.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Vietnam during Mongol invasion. Or during French Colonialism. I'm bias though lol

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
I'd like the Middle Ages setting back, but this time, in a good game.

Then again, AC has lost me with its departure to Origins and Odyssey.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
If I had my druthers I would make it in ancient Mesopotamia and play around with the Tower of Babel story. First true civilization, but add in political intrigue as well as outside forces. The big idea though is to have a World or Ruin moment where halfway through the game whoever the villain/villains are they "win" and now the game State is changed and there are splintered smaller civilizations warring with each other and you have to deal with that before you can even truly deal with the real baddies.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Africa. Non-Egypt Africa. Shit with Jungles. An African Assassins Creed set in the 16th Century right as the Slave Trade gets going could be rad. Or take it back even further and have a AAA African Action Game without the White Man being involved. I love Egypt, and know it's part of Africa, but damn if I'm not hurting to see some heart of Africa assassinations.

I'd love to see one set in Russia, too.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
There was enough occult bullshit and internal strife in Nazi Germany to be fruitfully mined by AC. We really just need more open world Nazi-murdering games

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Mayan Pre-Columbian.

This

or Colonial brazil

yfohjur.jpg

VqvTbLL.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The Cold War

Would be a drastic departure in terms of gameplay but at this point I wouldn't be opposed to it incorporating guns and the like, so long as they lean way more heavily into the espionage side of things.

Also somehow incorporate the space race, that'd be an awesome setpiece.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I'm bad at history so I have no specific time period or even century in mind, but like, medieval Britain.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I'd like to see small European castles, countryside, cottages. But a dark take on it, like a vampire version at night only.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I want to see a futuristic Blood Dragon style take on the series with a bunch of dumb gadgets. Just really have fun with the franchise for a single outing.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Spanish-American wars of independence, perhaps? Maybe it turned out Simon Bolivar really was assassinated because he was going to join the Templars!

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Anything on the Indian subcontinent or one of the empires in Southeast Asia.

Indochina, archipelagic SEA etc are all wholly underrepresented in media except for maybe Thailand. They could do it during the arrival of the Europeans and how the region became a battle ground between Arabs and Hindu influence. You'd be dealing with various sultanates, Indianized kingdoms and native city states like the barrangays of thePhilippines as well as Ming China in the background.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Nazi Germany could be interesting

17th century Netherlands (wasn't this in the works at some point?)

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Russian Revolution. Petersburg, Moscow, Siberian wilderness... could be an incredible open world if built to the same standards as Origins and Odyssey. Of course, the period is also rife with bloodshed and upheaval, which the series has historically thrived on.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm anything in historical South East Asia or Africa would be great and are in general pretty underused settings.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Every time this topic comes up, my answer is the same: Medieval India, around the time of first contacts with Europe (the Portuguese invasion/colonization)

You have a sub-continent split into a whole bunch of polities, with different ethnicities, and religions, and a brand new powerful player barging in to upset everything. Plus ongoing incursions from Central Asia on the other side.

Picking your sides in this free for all, dealing with missions that are dynamically generated based on how your actions increase or decrease the power of a particular state, while trying to root out conspiracies in the Templar vs. Assassin conflict... there's a lot Ubi can do with this.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Medieval Europe
Middle-/South America during the era of the conquistadores or earlier
another take at the crusades
Russia during the Revolution

Dec 14, 2017
The Cold War

Would be a drastic departure in terms of gameplay but at this point I wouldn't be opposed to it incorporating guns and the like, so long as they lean way more heavily into the espionage side of things.

Also somehow incorporate the space race, that'd be an awesome setpiece.
Sounds like metal gear solid really.

Personally, ancient Indonesia/PNG would make a cool setting for AC. Could stretch to Southeast Asia and northern Australia too

Mar 18, 2018
You play as 'Jehovah's Witness'. You have two main mission types:
1 - you stand and wait for interlocutor near streets, crossroads, etc. You can teleport between any points in map, but if your target sees you, he will immediately suspect you are evil, as Jehova's Witnesses doesn't move from place to place
2 - you got from door to door and try to find your target. If you fail, you will bre presented with speach test. Failing will force you to run to your base of operations

fog

Oct 28, 2017
Newcastle, UK
As a member of the Resistance fighting the Nazis during World War 2.

I enjoyed The Saboteur and that has a lot of Ubi /Assassins Creed gameplay elements already.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm ready for something different. An assassin's creed with different technology.

New York in the 80s would be cool.
Montreal.