• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Total cop out.

That "Last Airbender" one is AWFUL. I don't understand why anyone OK'd any decision allowing that to happen.

Oct 25, 2017
FA0SBTd.gif
This is the hardest my entire family has ever laughed, like ever. Just howling.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the Titan fight in Infinity War. Thanos literally crushes a moon and drags it to the planet but all it does is cause what appears to be minor explosions?

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
My vote goes to pretty much all of those movie action scenes that are nothing but fast cuts and a shaky camera. They are all terrible and make my head hurt.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Taken 2 and Taken 3 are nothing short of unwatchable. No sense of scene geography, editing flow or coherency, just pure, unadulterated nonsense.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe how unexciting this was. It looked like they were practicing for the real shoot. The camera work sucks. There's no energy. Nothing exciting. The choreography is ass. Cannot believe this came from the same person that did Man of Steel.
I could lol, I thought the fights in MoS were terrible.

Also, RLM isn't even reacting to the Resident Evil flick with the worst fights in that video. That would be Final Chapter:

The elevator fight is even worse, but seems to have been scrubbed from youtube?

Nvm, here it is:

Both are just obscenely incompetent filmmaking. Like, they look like someone taking the piss out of the Taken 3 fence jump, but no, that's how they're actually edited.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I don't know about "terrible" but most American action films are shot terribly with cuts that make the fight scenes incoherent to watch. There was a video showing why Jackie Chan is the master of proper fight choreography. On top of being a skilled fighter and performer, he knows how to cut fight scenes in a way that flows and is coherent.

This is what you want, I think.

But this also covers it in ways, both bring up some different things that are important.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Also, RLM isn't even reacting to the Resident Evil flick with the worst fights in that video. That would be Final Chapter:

Nvm, here it is:

Both are just obscenely incompetent filmmaking. Like, they look like someone taking the piss out of the Taken 3 fence jump, but no, that's how they're actually edited.

My head hurts watching these. What the fuck.

The weird thing is that cutting stuff together is a lot of work. Making clips that are made up of like a hundred cuts a second must've taken a shitton of work. Whoever was designing these clips must think it looks cool or something, because no one would do this by accident.

It's so, so misguided, because it's fucking garbage to watch.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Nvm, here it is:

Came here looking for these.

It is literally without hyperbole hurting my fucking eyes.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I can't find a video, but Xena's fight against the fake three kings was another rapid edit-fest. To go from One Against An Army to that. I wept.
It's soo fucking bad

I agree that the fight itself was sloppy in a lot of ways, but for some reason it felt amazing seeing those two work together. It's explained better here:

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

This wasn't the first post? Y'all are fucking up

This fight is legit awesome. It's silly and ridiculous and the fake slow-mo punches are hilarious so it's a super fun time but the choreography, camerawork, editing and energy from the actors are all fundamentally sound. Ripped Ray Romano v ripped Jerry Seinfeld is just a contagiously good time. The music is incredible!

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
This fight is legit awesome. It's silly and ridiculous and the fake slow-mo punches are hilarious so it's a super fun time but the choreography, camerawork, editing and energy from the actors are all fundamentally sound. Ripped Ray Romano v ripped Jerry Seinfeld is just a contagiously good time. The music is incredible!
I thought I was the only one thinking the fight was actually quite decent. The hits seem to visibly connect and the moves are well performed and have good energy, which probably puts it above a lot of fight scenes (like Batman gifs).

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
Star Wars OT

The prequels are better for having good fights alone, not like there is much else to look for in Star Wars movies

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Over the years, it's less the bad CG (but it IS bad) and more that it plays a BOWLING PINS FALLING SFX...

🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳 🧀 🎳

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019

This wasn't the first post? Y'all are fucking up

This really should have been the first reply. This scene is infamous and always shows up in these types of threads.

In case anyone doesn't know, Zinda is an unauthorized Indian rip-off of the Korean movie Old Boy. The filmmaker tried to copy the iconic one-shot hallway fight beat by beat, but its just hilariously awful. The actor was overcome with exhaustion and at one point, the hammer goes flying out of his hand in a way that I don't think was supposed to make it into the movie, but I believe that they just left it in there because this was the best take they had. Some of the punches that send people flying obviously whiff and hit air and one of the sticks even got damaged in a way that revealed them to be obviously made of some kind of soft rubber.

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's already mentioned, but here's the video.

It's clearly, currently (?), Nolan is not a close quarters/hand-to-hand combat action film director as these scenes were unenjoyable for me to watch as it's confusing the first time I saw it...

The whole film still enjoyable, but except for the scenes above.

Bale learning Keysi fighting style for this film was visually wasted.

Dark Knight & Rises were a bit better, but that's not saying much... 🙄

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
It's already mentioned, but here's the video.

It's clearly, currently (?), Nolan is not a close quarters/hand-to-hand combat action film director as these scenes were unenjoyable for me to watch as it's confusing the first time I saw it...

The whole film still enjoyable, but except for the scenes above.

Bale learning Keysi fighting style for this film was visually wasted.

Dark Knight & Rises were a bit better, but that's not saying much... 🙄

I like Begins but the camera work in the fight scenes is awful.