• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Bros. as a series has always played host to some really great music and just generally good sound design on the whole, and I think many would agree that gaming icons from across a wide array of franchises are represented in Smash with lots of personality thanks to their movesets, animations, taunts, etc. One thing that I think is a bit underappreciated about Smash is how good some of its recorded voice lines are for certain characters. Whether it be little bits of dialog to accompany a win animation or exclamations that signal the execution of a special move, they all contribute to the high-energy, good-natured fighting atmosphere among all of these unlikely gaming fighters.

Here are too of my favorites from Smash Ultimate:

Peach's Win Quote - "Aw... did I win?"

I just love the sass in this one. Peach is a character that I'd argue is woefully underdeveloped within the mainline Mario series, but she's a cheeky badass in Smash, and it's awesome. It helps that she's considered to be a top-tier character in Ultimate too.

Ike's Up B - "Aetherrrrr!"

I really like the enthusiasm put into this voice line. It really sells Ike's testosterone-fueled personality and style, and until somewhat recently I always thought it was saying, "Eat thiiiiis!" I kind of wish he was saying that, because that would be even better.

Last edited:

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
When Mario angrily goes "yeehaw! >:(" in Melee during his down+B. Sadly he doesn't say it anymore 😔

Also how could I forget Sonic saying "you're too slow!" in Brawl. I wish they re-recorded that line with Sonic's new VA for Ultimate 😔

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Brawl has some of the best voice lines in the series, I think.

Ike's "I fight for my friends" was a stand-out for sure.
Also everything Falco and Wolf say. Literally everything.

"PERSONALLY, I PREFER THE AIR."

"WHAT'S THE MATTER, SCARED?"

Those voices were so good. 😭

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
"I never learned how to reeeeaaaaad...."

Pit has the best KO quotes. That one sometimes happens if he's on the receiving end of a Star KO.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Black Knight : "Here I Go" "Know your Place"

My favorite?

Ganondorf's Warlock Punch Scream From Melee

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Bang! Bang!" Luigi

"Come back when you can put up a fight." Meta

"I'm really feeling it!" Shulk

"You don't belong in this world, monster!" Belmont

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
ARRRRAHHHHAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG - Ganondorf's neutral special in Melee
Hmm hmm hmm hmm - Mewtwo's up taunt
YAAAAAAYYY - Roy's down taunt in Japanese
Everything Wolf says in Brawl

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (on the title screen)

Also, annoying my friends on the character select screen:
"Mr Game and Watch"
"Mr Game and Watch"
"Mr Game-"
"Mr Game-"
"Mr Game and Watch"

Oct 27, 2017
All of melee fox
FIYAAHHHH
MISHAWWWN COMPREE
TWA
HYA

Captian Falcon
Falcon pwaaaanch
(Honestly all his lines)

Ike
Prepare yaself
I fight for my friends
Youll get no sympathy from me!!

Sonic
Your too slowwww

Pit
*when he gets star KOd* I never learned how to reaaaaad (an amazing reference to KI Uprising)
Alll troops move outtt
And that wierd thing he said as his dash attack in brawl

Snake
Its show time

Richter
Begone monster! You dont belong in this world!

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Bang! Bang!" Luigi

"Come back when you can put up a fight." Meta

"I'm really feeling it!" Shulk

"You don't belong in this world, monster!" Belmont
I love Shulk's taunts in Smash Ultimate because you can cancel his taunts before they're done coming out. It lets you do this:

THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
THIS IS THE MONADO.
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

Last edited:

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
I truly believe that there is not a single more disrespectful line to hear in the game then Peach's sarcastic, "Aw, did I win?"

Contributing factor leading to her always being my main.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
FIYAAAH FIYAAAH FIYAAAH FIYAAAH

TheseCapitalArrowcrab-size_restricted.gif

*angry analog stick noises*

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I like Ness's terrible pronunciation of all of his special moves. PEEKAY FYUR! PEEKAY UASH!

Dec 14, 2017
Capt falcon forward smash attack in 64, can't even begin to try and write it out. But sort of sounds like: CHYEAYNF.

Otherwise as others have mentioned, everything he says is the best

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing as Wii Fit Trainer and it's so funny when she says random stuff like "tuck in those glutes". It just seems so trollish and I love it.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'll list one per game.

64: Pikachu's star KO scream - "Pika pikaaaaaaaaa..." (the newer voice clips for Pikachu don't sell it as much)
Melee: Jigglypuff's shield break voice clip - "PuuuUUUuuuUUFFF..." (can only hear it if there's a hard ceiling above her since she'd die otherwise)
Brawl: Falco - "Hands of my bread!"
Smash 4: Female Wii Fit Trainer - "You're wobbling! Try to keep your balance!" (the actual most condescending thing any Smash character has ever said)
Ultimate: Roy's bloodcurdling English star KO scream (seriously, listen to it)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Not in-game, but I really like that since Smash4, they've been treating the Smash games as a big fighting tournament that being invited is such big deal. In particular, my favorite line is Ryu's: "So this is Smash..."; Of course he would have heard of Smash Bros., right? He is the one seeking a challenge everywhere, Mr. Crossover himself.

Then there's Doc Louis "Smash is no joke!", or Robin saying something in the lines of "Smash is full of formidable opponents".

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of cheating but the melee announcer saying all the characters names. He says them in such a weirdly specific way that is just kind of endearing.