• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a playthrough of Snake Eater recently and it got me thinking. I'll give a few.

MGS 3 - Snake Eater

Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes On Me

Kingdom Hearts 1 - Simple and Clean

Fire Emblem Three Houses - The Edge of Dawn

Also would list: Persona 5 - Wake, Get Up, Get Out There, Persona 4 - Pursuing My True Self, Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn, FFX-2 - Real Emotion, among many I am surely forgetting.

Oct 25, 2017
*ahem*

OVER THE RAINBOW THERE'S A GLORIOUS SIGHT
2mab9p.gif

Oct 28, 2017
THIS IS MY ESCAPE
I'M RUNNIN THROUGH THIS WORLD AND I'M NOT LOOKING BACK
CAUSE I KNOW I CAN GO
WHERE NOONE'S EVER GONE AND I'M NOT LOOKING BACK

BUT HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN I GET THERE
AND HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN TO LEAVE?
WE'VE ALL GOTTA START FROM SOMEWHERE
AND ITS RIGHT THERE FOR ME
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE NEVER ENDING

I SEE IT
I SEE IT
AND NOW IT'S ALL WITHIN MY REACH
ENDLESS POSSIBILITY

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonsong from Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. An appropriately amazing theme for such an incredible fight against Nidhogg.

Some of Uematsu's best work in the entire series. The phase transitions give me full-body chills. The way the music swells in sync with Nidhogg's most powerful attack, Akh Morn, is just delightful.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Since no one else is going to post it, imma gonna post it.

For real though, I like the songs in the Portal games and the Katamari Damacy games.

I like the TJ Combo and Orchid songs from Killer Instinct too.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Phantasy Star Universe OP has a special place in my heart as well, just because it's so godawful.

I played the AOTI version in My Room, so if you wanted to buy my stuff, you were forced to listen to WEEEEE WILL CHOOOOOSE TO FIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Answers in the end of Final Fantasy XIV 1.0. I was never there personally, but I applaud how it was done.

It is so damn cool, conceptually. I can think of ony a few other games that imbue so much meaning into a song.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
The whole of Far Cry 5 OST (all three versions), but especially:

Keep your rifle by your side

We will rise again

And the reinterpretation of Oh the Bliss

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to say Eyes on Me, glad it was in the OP. Also a big fan of Kiss me Goodbye and Melodies of Life.

I really like the tragic tale Equilibrium from FFXIV tells.

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
No mention of Jump Up Superstar?

For shame.

Good to see Eyes On Me and Utada being mentioned. Would also add You're Not Here from SH3.

Edit: and that banging Escape From The City song from Sonic Adventure 2.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Maybe it's the nostalgia as I'm not really a Sonic fan, but the first time I heard this track after popping the disc in to my Sega CD, I was hooked.