• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
From Software is the absolute last developer anyone should name anything from for polish. They're one of the jankiest developers in gaming history going all the way back to their very first game and that has absolutely not changed in their newer titles. That's some unbelievably rose tinted wall sized blinders if you're going to try to name anything they've done here. And even then, the most polished game they've probably ever made is something like Ninja Blade or Chromehounds and that's like...not particularly great.

Sonic Mania Plus is an extremely polished game. Just excellent all around.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to God of War (new one). Production value is crazy.

Also Metroid Prime for having the best opening menu sequence ever :P

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Dark Souls. I still think it's the GOAT in terms of game design and polish, it's like pretty much everything just makes sense and works, although it's not flawless.
Dark Souls is a lot of things, but it certainly is not a polished experience. The first few hours are pretty well honed as far as pacing and design goes, but the rest has a ton of rough edges.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
TloU2
RDR2
Smash Bros Ultimate
Diablo 3
Metroid Prime
FZero GX
Hades
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Nex Machina
God of War 2018

and many other games.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
MGSV. It runs so well with no bugs (in my experience). Heard it runs fine on PS360, which is wild.

Death Stranding seems polished so far.

Dark Souls is a lot of things, but it certainly is not a polished experience. The first few hours are pretty well honed as far as pacing and design goes, but the rest has a ton of rough edges.

I thought polished meant no bugs, issues, or frame rate drops. Souls games, though I love them, are famous for janky enemies, AI that falls to its death all the time, weird rag doll physics, and used to have frame rate issues.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Blizzard's pre-Activision output is the gold standard for polish in the PC world. That quality has progressively gotten lower over the years though.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
God of War (2018) is very polished. For such an ambitious game that's impressive.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last of us part 2 and uncharted 4/lost legacy are obvious ones. Just not exactly surprising given its naughty dog...

But horizon zero dawn was a massive surprise. I really wasn't expecting that to be so polished for their first open world attempt. Not a single bug or hitched animation or anything. It was just perfect start to end for me.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Titanfall 2. Excellent balance of visuals and performance and some of the best controls I've ever had the pleasure of using.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Nintendo games are generally incredibly polished. Also, anything from ND

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Mortal Kombat 11. The attention to detail in the stage and character designs, animations, unique intros, win poses etc is way far ahead of the rest of the genre. I don't really enjoy playing it very much but it is an incredible package.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Dragon Quest XI.
Its original JP release runs pretty perfectly at launch and didn't need a single patch... until XI S came out.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The mechanics and player control in Celeste are absolutely perfect in my opinion. Everything works, and literally every single failure is owned by the player.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
AstroBot... Team Asobi's output has been top notch in terms of art, music, performance, and most importantly, fun.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
Retro Studios games, back when they still made games, those were absolutely polished.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I don't like the price but I have to say that Nintendo first party title are generally polished at another level than the rest.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
Recent Example...Outer Wilds...I believe a lot of work went into to fine tune every element cohesively. The game is like a clockwork.

Mar 19, 2020
Metal gear solid series. 4 had some frame rate issues but the rest of them run superbly. MGS2 in particular is buttery smooth.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 1 remake
Resident Evil 2 OG
Resident Evil 3 OG
Metal Gear Solid
13 Sentinels
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Resident Evil 4
Most new Naughty Dogs games
God of War series
Resident Evil 7
Ridge Racer PSP

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hollow Knight, The Last of Us Part II, Horizon Zero Dawn and Sekiro come to mind.

Also, surprisingly, Salt & Sanctuary. For a game made by 2 people, it's insane how polished it is (same with Hollow Knight, really).

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
uqMDtFp.jpeg

INSIDE.

There was like maybe one texture that you could see an odd effect on as it passed by on screen.

That's it.
Came in here to say this. It's a three-hour game that took six years to make, and it's polished to an absolutely blinding sheen.

Speaking of textures, it's absolutely remarkable how little there actually are. Someone once exported and posted a "map" of the entire game; when someone asked him if he could do a version with textures, he basically said "...this is that version". The incredible lighting effects do a TON of heavy lifting in this game.