• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Sometimes I get really interested in gaming rumors and leaks. Rumors are about big games that could be coming, are pretty interesting to me.

So what are some of the biggest "worst kept secret in gaming" type mythical games right now? Games that have been very heavily rumored but not officially confirmed. And do you think these games will ever happen?

There's one I really know like Arkham Legacy, Fable 4, GTA VI, etc but there's a lot that I don't know about and would like to know more.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Has anything at all come out about that Harry Potter AAA game besides the original rumor like a year ago?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Batman Arkham Legacy and a new Crash Bandicoot game immediately come to mind, though Batman is pretty close to confirmed at this point.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Let go with a older entry and the always mysterious Polybius. Probably never exist, but you never know.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Let go with a older entry and the always mysterious Polybius. Probably never exist, but you never know.
Scott the Woz did a great video on why it couldn't technically exist by the dates the legends said it happened. It couldn't be technically be possible and there's no evidence of the media wanting to blame videogames doing jack fish on a game that could control minds and train soldiers.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bully 2 consistently rears it's head every few years, and we know it's been put into development a few times in the past and later shelved, although I don't think there's been direct evidence of it being worked on recently. Still, it's clearly a game Rockstar has wanted to get off the ground.
Scott the Woz did a great video on why it couldn't technically exist by the dates the legends said it happened. It couldn't be technically be possible and there's no evidence of the media wanting to blame videogames doing jack fish on a game that could control minds and train soldiers.
Taking that further, Ahoy made an absurdly in-depth video on the history of Polybius and his attempts to track down it's first documented appearance. He came to the conclusion that it was likely a manufactured hoax for an early arcade database, done as fun and/or to attract traffic to the site. He even tacked it down to a singular suspect. Really fascinating stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody mentioned Star Fox Grand Prix, huh? I suppose that's because it seemingly never existed. In that sense, it kind of is the best answer to your thread.

Jan 11, 2018
Nobody mentioned Star Fox Grand Prix, huh? I suppose that's because it seemingly never existed. In that sense, it kind of is the best answer to your thread.

I never really believed in this rumor despite all the insiders telling us otherwise. My vote goes to the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, which I'm still not really convinced exists either. I'd love to be wrong though.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why are people saying announced games like MP4, Bayo 3 and Starfield?

Those games have been announced.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 4. Miyamoto alluded to its being near completion years ago.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Has anything at all come out about that Harry Potter AAA game besides the original rumor like a year ago?
the rumour featured gameplay, which is why it's such an important thing. And it wasn't a few seconds, it was quite substantial and looked VERY good
NOT Bloodborne 2... but a spiritual successor that takes place in the ancient Mayan/Aztec South America as 'teased" in Déraciné lore.
Didn't Deracine also tease Bloodborne 2? And I think the code name for the Aztec/Mayan From Software game was Death Wall. But we havent heard anything of it yet so it may have very well been fake.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Starfield and Dragon Age 4 are already announced, so can't be those. Is a new Mass Effect official yet? I know there were solid rumours...

I'd agree with Fable 4 and Batman being the biggest right now, but I'm sure we'll get some juicy leaks once next gen consoles are in our homes.

OaUGGJSuqadqJHC-800x450-noPad.jpg

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Both big WB projects (the Harry Potter game and Batman) and Starfield are really interesting situations imo. Starfield in particular I am so curious about, because the public perception of Bethesda has basically flipped completely since it was announced and we haven't seen a single thing aside from a title card. The expectations are through the roof and I keep half-expecting to wake up to news of it being scrapped in favor of the next Elder Scrolls or something.

Also the mysterious Retro project.