• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
So, recently i've been through three titles that definitely kidnapped my sense of awe and tranquility.

- World Of Horror

youtu.be

WORLD OF HORROR Announcement Trailer (PS4, Switch)

Behold the dreadful tale of WORLD OF HORROR, the unsettling cosmic horror retro RPG from panstasz and Ysbryd Games, headed to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 ...

- Blasphemous

youtu.be

Blasphemous - Announcement Trailer | PS4

Blasphemous is coming to PlayStation 4! Blasphemous is a punishing action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with...

- Nauticrawl

youtu.be

Official Nauticrawl Trailer - Available Now on Steam

Wishlist Nauticrawl on Steam: http://armor.ag/NauticrawlSteam 📣 Community 📣 Homepage: https://www.nauticrawlgame.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/nauticrawl...

I wonder what else, similar in vibe, is out there that people are enjoying! Anybody would like to suggest something along these lines?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I recently played Superhot and that turned out to be surprisingly creepy.

SandMan1216

Oct 27, 2017
Mississippi
Darkwood comes to mind. I've been enjoying it immensely so-far. Very weird, dark, spooky-woods vibes. I've got it on Switch, but it's on everything else too. Highly recommend giving it a shot if you're looking for something creepy.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
You got my hopes up thinking that Ysbryd just dropped a release date for World of Horror on consoles.

Didn't realize it was a two year old video until I clicked it.

The Last of Us Part II will be my obvious choice for unsettling content. I know it sure as hell ain't indie but...

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
store.steampowered.com

Lost in Vivo on Steam

A horror game about claustrophobia. During a storm your service dog is forced down a broken sewer drain. You find the nearest sewer entrance and run in after it. Along the way you will meet others that are also stricken by abnormal or psychological fear.

store.steampowered.com

Black Sails - The Ghost Ship on Steam

Best played with the lights turned off and the volume turned up, Black Sails is a creepy and mysterious point-and-click adventure game.Two survivors of a shipwreck try to survive in the raging sea. Until another ship appears. Hoping for rescue, they are calling, but nobody answers. They manage...

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
220px-Get_Even_video_game_cover_art_2017.png

The game is definitely rough around the edges but the story/sound design/experience make it a game worth playing, imo.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Higurashi 1 is free to keep at Steam, to me it was scarier than Amnesia.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
Last years Outer Wilds is fucking terrifying. the Dark Bramble planet was so scary i had to fly with my eyes squinted and my headphones off just to tolerate it

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Death Crown on Steam

Death Crown is a minimalist real time strategy game in a 1bit style, where you will be play Death herself, commanding her legions of death, and punishing humanity's Kingdom for its overconfidence.

1-bit take on an RTS.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
+1 for Darkwood, that atmosphere is oppressive. I legitimately have not been able to finish it yet.

Also been playing Sunless Sea which recently dropped for Xbox One. Great atmosphere and writing (in the Fallen London universe).

I've been playing GTFO with a couple of friends and the game has an incredible atmosphere. Great stuff.

I've been dying to play this, but waiting for a console release if it ever happens.

OP
OP
KnivesAndCoins
Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
store.steampowered.com

Death Crown on Steam

Death Crown is a minimalist real time strategy game in a 1bit style, where you will be play Death herself, commanding her legions of death, and punishing humanity's Kingdom for its overconfidence.

1-bit take on an RTS.

Whoa this one looks AMAZING

I've been playing GTFO with a couple of friends and the game has an incredible atmosphere. Great stuff.

It really sucks but i either can play PS4 or Mac. Unfortunately i'll have to wait for this, but i LOVE coop games and this looks so much up my alley.

Ps. I did play Darkwood!