• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell: Blacklist surprises me since there hasn't been a new Splinter Cell game since, there doesn't appear to be one on the horizon, and Ubisoft gave all of the old Assassin's Creeds the remaster treatment, including Rogue. Blacklist is also one of those games that released right before the current gen systems launched, so I imagine many people didnt get the opportunity to play it back then.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The first Silent Hill, pretty important game that you can't even find on any current-gen platform.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
I'm shocked that Project Gotham Racing hasn't been remastered, particularly 2. Widely regarded as one of the all time best arcade-ish racers.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2...

The games were already held back by the Wii's SD graphics but they have amazing artstyle and music. A 1080p remaster would be glorious as already seen on Dolphin emulator. An enhanced remaster with new textures and models would be even better.

No idea why this hasn't happened yet!

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Splinter Cell Blacklist. It came out just months before current gen, they really should have ported it up. It is actually a very good looking game on PC and you can tell ps360 version couldn't really show it. It was the most obvious port that didn't happen. It can easily pass as a current gen game.
I've always wanted to play that
Looks like the type of game I wish they made more of (action movie type games)

edit: read this as conviction
I always wanted that one

tumblr_o29nu9oWEv1s27326o4_r1_400.gif

Oct 27, 2017
There are really too many to name, and no doubt many in this thread have mentioned them, but I'll just name the one that's the most baffling to me.

Viewtiful Joe

I cannot wrap my head around Capcom's total negligence of this franchise over the years. One would've thought that the revival of 2D gaming throughout last generation would've been awakened Capcom to recognize that the time was ripe for Viewtiful Joe to be revived to gain another level of relevance. It could've been a lesser production sold digitally only, but not even a port occurred much less any kind of new project. Okami, another Clover joint, has been ported more than any other Capcom game outside of Resident Evil and yet Viewtiful Joe hasn't been ported anywhere at any level since the PS2 generation. It's just so glaring to me and the only reason I can think of is that someone in charge over there has some sort of vendetta or disgust towards that franchise.

The franchise and character has plenty more to offer, if not more now than when it's released, Joe would be a prime candidate for Smash, but instead it's been caged for too long.

Andrain18

Apr 19, 2018
Orange County CA
in all seriousness due to my own ignorance, does a thread like this about remasters, not count as port begging? Or is remaster it's own sub category? Genuine ask here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arg, you have a point there. I doubt they'd worry about changing or removing the music but you can't get around all the car licensing.
However I believe MS should renew these liscense, they're a trillion dollar company after all, and make it BC on their consoles which would be 4k enhanced, place it in their library on Game Pass on console, offer it on xCloud, and relist it on their marketplace so it could also be purchased digitally. If they want other ways to generate revenue, they could remaster it and port it to Xbox and PC (Steam, Windows Store) as well as offer it on Game Pass on PC and later consider a Switch port.

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The lack of EA remasters is really shocking. They have so much that people will buy kn an instant.

Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Space Trilogy
Dragon Age
Battlefield Bad Company

It's just baffeling they're not doing it.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
in all seriousness due to my own ignorance, does a thread like this about remasters, not count as port begging? Or is remaster it's own sub category? Genuine ask here.

Port begging is when a game is announced for X console, and someone complains or "port begs" for it to come to Y console.

______

One of the games that I was genuinely shocked did not receive a reboot/remaster for this gen was Dead Space 1. It seems prime for a revival but they might be waiting for next gen.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
*looks at avatar*

I get why. But the world deserves HD remasters of the Baten Kaitos games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of EA remasters is really shocking. They have so much that people will buy kn an instant.

Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Space Trilogy
Dragon Age
Battlefield Bad Company

It's just baffeling they're not doing it.
Some of those are likely coming.
www.resetera.com

EA plans on launching "exciting remasters of fan favourites" before its next fiscal year ends in March 2021

EA revealed that they plan to release multiple exciting remasters of fan favorite games before the next fiscal year ends in March 2021. Probably Mass Effect and Dead Space. https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/ea_gives_mass_effect_fans_hope_with_confirmation_of_exciting_remasters_coming_soon

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Every day I wake up shocked and dismayed that I live in a world without an HD remaster of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Super Mario Sunshine. great game.
ppl always say its because of the analog trigger. But idk. they can figure it out im sure

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Crystalis

I mean it was so ahead of its time back in the day and had great gameplay and story.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely FFXIII. I suppose it could still be coming, but it's been 3 years since the FFXII remaster so it's very strange that FFXIII hasn't been remastered by now.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
- TimeSplitters Trilogy (Remaster)
- Demon's Souls (Remake)
- Viewtiful Joe 1&2 (Remaster)
- Dino Crisis (Remake)
- Legend of Dragoon (Remake)
- Silent Hill (Remake; but Konami)
- Final Fantasy VI (Remake)
- Parasite Eve (Remake)

Dec 25, 2018
Older Bethesda games like Oblivion or Fallout 3. Having to get them to run on modern PCs can be a pain. I wish they would remaster them properly, but it will never happen. Such great games that Bethesda just let die basically. Fallout or oblivion on switch would be phenomenal.

PS3 remasters too, some of the classics like Jak, Sly, and Ratchet deserve to be put on PS4. Jak in particular is inferior on the PS4 version because it's an emulation. The PS3 version looks better and runs at a solid 60fps, it may have the punch glitch, but it performs way better.

Sly is a great series too stuck on a last gen system. Found it weird we also got GoW 3 remastered hut no HD collection.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII and it's sequels. I get they're polarizing(to be polite) but I'd still be interested in trying them out without having to break out my PS3. I'm surprised there isn't any sort of collection or PS4 port.

I feel like Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core should have also gotten HD remasters ala Type-0 but in CC case I get it's probably copyright but we need an 012 remaster.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Metal Gear Solid
Dead Space
Crysis
Metroid Prime
Ninja Gaiden
Resistance
Infamous
killzone
Mass Effect

Why?
Not only were these some of the best games of the previous generation, but they had a pretty solid fan base that would've jumped all over it. Seems like they missed out on some easy money.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Batman: Arkham Origins. It really needs a remaster to iron out it's bugs and to polish it up. It's the perfect opportunity. Yet WB just ignores it.

Another one is the Mass Effect series. You'd think EA would take that easy money.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Killzone collection (obviously without Shadowfall) seems so easy money left on the table that it is baffling.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell: Blacklist surprises me since there hasn't been a new Splinter Cell game since, there doesn't appear to be one on the horizon, and Ubisoft gave all of the old Assassin's Creeds the remaster treatment, including Rogue. Blacklist is also one of those games that released right before the current gen systems launched, so I imagine many people didnt get the opportunity to play it back then.

I've been playing the upgraded version on my Xbox one X and damn it's marvellous.

Best we'll get for now as Ubi seems to only want Sam Fisher in Ghost Recon games

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I'd kill for ports of a ton of Genesis or PS1-era games to modern hardware.

Of the ones I haven't seen mentioned, I'd really like to see EA's Strike series again. You know, Desert/Jungle/Urban/Soviet/Nuclear Strike? They were extremely formative for me, and apparently sold pretty well, but just... stopped. I'd think a budget downloadable game, either as a compilation of the series, or as a new entry in the vein of the old, would work great--I don't want/need something with massive HD graphics and an orchestra.

Also, Vectorman. I get why the PS2 game was killed, but I'd really love to see it again (admittedly, a lot of Sega's best of collections do feature the game and its sequel, so it's not as lost as the Strike games).

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Like others said, a ME 1-3 remaster missing is shocking to me.

They didn't even have to put a lot of time and money into them, EA could have just done basic remasters instead of remakes, and done something simple like a 1080p/60FPS remaster. That's it, no upgraded textures or audio or gameplay, and it still would have sold a ton on consoles.

Not that I would be opposed to be a Mass Effect Remake, but I'm just looking at it at why they couldn't even do something simple like that.