• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I remember the movie Death at a Funeral, a british dark comedy, that was remade as an american version with a black family with the same name and the exact same plot. Peter Dinklage even played the same role in both movies. to this day I don't know what the point of the "remake" was supposed to be.

Little late to the party but wasn't that during that brief explosion of Madea movies where Blaxploitation cinema effectively became a thing again?

Oct 25, 2017
Im always shocked when I see people saying this, as I find it hard to believe.
Have you acutely ever eaten pizza in Italy? For me the pizza you get in somewhere like Napoli, is much nicer than a "true new York slice".
I'd say true Italian is "nicer" as are a lot of local highend restaurants but just something about an average New York pizza that just can't be beat.
Its like when they say the shitty NY water is the difference in the dough or in bagels, in my experience it seems like it has to be it.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
American Italian food is probably more popular globally than Italian Italian food out side of Europe. Pretty much all of Asia, the Italian food is American style.

Hell I don't even know if Italian Italian food is more popular is Europe, I just assumed cause Italy is in Europe.

Oct 27, 2017
American Italian food is probably more popular globally than Italian Italian food out side of Europe. Pretty much all of Asia, the Italian food is American style.

Hell I don't even know if Italian Italian food is more popular is Europe, I just assumed cause Italy is in Europe.
Italian food is out of this world. American italian food is good if you pay for it. In Italy they really feed you well and the coffee is great as well. Ice cream too. In fact go to Italy and just eat your way around the country.

I ate in a decent Italian restraunt in SF - it seemed to be run by Italians - but american pizza is shite.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all older Disney movies are based on german fairy tales and even the logo is based on a german castle.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus

Because whatever the fuck American Jesus is, is a far cry from who the dude would have been.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus

Because whatever the fuck American Jesus is, is a far cry from who the dude would have been.
jesus-vs-jeezus.jpg

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Foods from all kinds of cultures. Most relevant to me is Mexican food and Italian food, but foods from all cultures like the Dutch have been Americanized pretty well. Someone here mentioned General Tso's chicken, which while I have never had (my local Chinese takeout places only have actual Chinese food), is definitely a pretty successfully Americanized version of Chinese chicken.

Also the American version of The Office is much more successful than the British version, so that as well.

Pizza. Absolutely pizza.

Prairie Style architecture is fantastic as well, until it devolved into ranch-style housing.
Not sure if you can count a separate American style of architecture "Americanization", but there it is.

Im always shocked when I see people saying this, as I find it hard to believe.
Have you acutely ever eaten pizza in Italy? For me the pizza you get in somewhere like Napoli, is much nicer than a "true new York slice".

Yep - went to some apparently top rated ones in Italy. The Naples style pizza is good in its own right, but...
good New York pizza is absolutely the best.

To be fair, the styles are quite different at the end of the day, so it's not entirely a 1-1 comparison.

Italian food is out of this world. American italian food is good if you pay for it. In Italy they really feed you well and the coffee is great as well. Ice cream too. In fact go to Italy and just eat your way around the country.

I ate in a decent Italian restraunt in SF - it seemed to be run by Italians - but american pizza is shite.

First problem is that you ate pizza in California.
Second is that you need to go to an actual pizzeria, not a regular Italian restaurant, if that's indeed what you did.

Go to a good New York City pizzeria and see what happens.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020

Italian food in Europe is reasonably Italian. Of course you can get cheap pizza which is not very Italian anywhere. In Britain we have several shit pizza and pasta chains, but I don't think that we can blame that on America, they are just shit (maybe anglicised!). Germany had some appalling "Italian" food, but that can be squarely blamed at the Germans.

There has been Italian migration to the UK for so long, that in some places they are very integrated into British cuisine. Some of the best fish and chips shops are run by italians, and the same goes for the best cafes in the East end of London. Ice cream has also traditionally had a lot of Italians involved.

That being said, there are a lot of places where you can get authentic Italian food cooked by italians, and Italian cuisine has had a big influence on modern British cuisine.