• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As long I get to fight Rufus/Dark Nation on the roof of the Shinra Building, I'm good.
I really hope he keeps his shotgun.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I could keep Cloud in drag after the Wall Market as an alt costume, that would be great.

You know they will.

lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-6.jpg

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Really? I sucked pretty bad at it. All I managed to get were potions.

Aside from the key items, it has some materia you can get from previous areas that are no longer accessible if you didn't pick them up already.

And yeah it's sort of random I think, but when the bomb goes off, all the guys look towards one of the items so you can kind of guess what area it's in.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Several playable characters - removed, characters are just special move QTEs except Cloud's
Mini games in story - mostly removed, replaced with cut scenes.
Playable airships and boats - removed and now play themselves in a cutscene.
Flashbacks - all removed and turned into a blu ray movie.
Wutai - Removed and turned into $30 DLC
Ultimate Weapons - Removed and turned into DLC 'The Ultimate Trials'

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Probably being able to explore every single sector of Midgar (that doesn't get destroyed, anyway) will be a thing.

More portentous Turks stuff, more portentous clones stuff.

Fewer summons/spells for sure, regardless of which systems-levels tweaks we get (I know this thread isn't about the latter). Probably fewer weapons per character.

Oct 30, 2017
Why do so many ppl think theyre going to remove anything suggestive or uncomfortable? Is this the world we live in now, where we need to hold back or sensor creativity? Hope most of the games standout moments stay in.

Side note, post 100 time to evolve!

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they don't remove all the quirky bits from the original, like Honey Bee Inn, Red XIII on the boat etc.
And I also hope they keep some of the humorous lines, like Cid and his God damn tea.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Why do so many ppl think theyre going to remove anything suggestive or uncomfortable? Is this the world we live in now, where we need to hold back or sensor creativity? Hope most of the games standout moments stay in.

Side note, post 100 time to evolve!
Using homosexuality as an awkward joke for implied gay gang rape sure is the sort of creativity worth dying on a hill for. Yup.

Oct 30, 2017
Using homosexuality as an awkward joke for implied gay gang rape sure is the sort of creativity worth dying on a hill for. Yup.

Not really the example I was thinking of, but of course that the kind of reply I would get here. I was thinking more along the lines of darker story elements in general or the other themes below.

no more implication at the highwind scene...i guess that would make the game M rated???

• Domestic abuse Cid (Removed) - After the following games showed him in a more positive light I think they'll tone this down, but he'll still be a jerk.
  • Reno and the Turks basically murdering an entire slum (Removed) - They're fan favorites, they'll probably change how the sector falling happens in the remake so they're less genocidal maniacs.
  • Cross Dressing (Stays) - It's too iconic at this point though I think Square Enix America will be making sure they don't go overboard with the stereotypes again.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see the party fighting Hell Houses in the area before Wall Market again. I wonder how they implement the underwater area and is Chocobo-breeding only late-game thing due to episodic nature. I hope Ancient Forest is still in game as well.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Everything will change. I'm sure the story beats will remain the same, I'm sure you'll go to each town in the same order, but short of that I'm doubtful. And you know what? That's fine. Adaptation doesn't have to be a scary thing, the original isn't going anywhere.

if cloud doesn't get in a dress lets all riot

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
If they end up nerfing Knights of the Rounds' strength as a summon, I imagine they'd reduce the amount of effort required to get it as well.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If they end up nerfing Knights of the Rounds' strength as a summon, I imagine they'd reduce the amount of effort required to get it as well.

It's too strong even with its added negatives. Like when you use it in the last series of bosses and it adds more HP to the next boss, it doesn't even add more HP than a single high level KotR will do lol.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
But KOTR is purposely overpowered, why would they want to nerf that?
Btw if they remove even a single inch of silinness I'm gonna riot.

Powerpuff

Oct 28, 2017
DLC, DLC, DLC...
Yuffie and Vincent would be harder than before to get but DLC characters too.
Pieces of equipment with a faster materia leveling rate as DLC.
Golden chocobo DLC.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
FFVIIr is supposed to be a realtime semi-action RPG now right? How would summons even work in this? Would they replace the party for us to control for a short time? Or would the attack animations play out in the background while we continue to control a character? Would KotR be one single attack animation, or would the different Knights do different attacks at different parts of the battlefield? So many questions.... :)

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
But KOTR is purposely overpowered, why would they want to nerf that?

Well in the remake who knows but it's a bit silly in the original. Use it against Bizarro, Safer gets an extra 80,000 HP, but a single cast of KotR will do more than that? Just cast it multiple times! I guess the time it takes to play out is the penalty though lol.

FFVIIr is supposed to be a realtime semi-action RPG now right? How would summons even work in this? Would they replace the party for us to control for a short time? Or would the attack animations play out in the background while we continue to control a character? Would KotR be one single attack animation, or would the different Knights do different attacks at different parts of the battlefield? So many questions.... :)

All of SE's CGI power should go into making it look as good as possible. Actually Sephiroth's Super Nova should require you insert another BluRay when he casts it because it will be so long that it needs an entire disc to fit the data.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Some shippers are going to be mad at this, but ideally they'd remove the ambiguity as to who Cloud has feelings for at the end. It's not even that I want him with Tifa, there are times where I almost think of Cloud as asexual and just like them as badass battle buddies, but the LTD has sparked so many horrible fandom fights that it's really frustrating to be a part of it.

And keep the Zack stuff to a minimum. Dude is dead come FFVII and I really hope they don't make Cloud see more inspiring apparitions of him in times of need, ala Advent Children. A single flashback is fine but VII is not Zack's story.

Also, Cid needs to chill. Abusive rage maniac aside, he's an interesting character. A sort of blue-collar beer drinking everyman but the way he treats Shera is not cool at all and has forever soured my opinion of him.

Also also, more Turks. I don't care how or why or what they do, but the game needs more Turks. Cissnei needs to be properly incorporated. The only original character from CC allowed.

Lastly, more Weapon fights, even those part of the story. Let us fight Sapphire and then script in the Junon canon or something as a final blow.

Last edited:

Grindwolf

Nov 29, 2017
Afghanistan
I dont have a PS4 (which i still assume that itll be released on). FF7 needs to be the same game with a graphical update, Better translation, and no loot crate/dlc bs. Only in that instance (which i know wont happen) will I buy a PS4 and the game.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Some shippers are going to be mad at this, but ideally they'd removed the ambiguity as to who Cloud has feelings for at the end. It's not even that I want him with Tifa, there are times where I almost think of Cloud as asexual and just like them as badass battle buddies, but the LTD has sparked so many horrible fandom fights that it's really frustrating to be a part of it.
Alternatively, change the "under the Highwind" scene to have it feature whoever Cloud went on a date with at Gold Saucer. Except Aerisths

Lastly, more Weapon fights, even those part of the story. Let us fight Sapphire and then script in the Junon canon or something as a final blow.
I'd be impressed if they kept the fights that already exist, so adding another would be above and beyond what I expect. Would be cool though. They could basically make the fight play out like the Diamond fight, where's it's basically useless but lets you steal some equipment before it starts ignoring you lol.

Just a bit off topic, but is anyone else getting ads plastered over the video previewsin this post?
Damn, really? Hope not.

Oct 31, 2017
What I hope they change is some of the stuff that took me out of the experience in the original. Like Vincent just popping out of a coffin. That dumb dolphin segment. etc. And like another poster said I wouldn't mind having Cait Sith removed though I'd imagine that's probably not happening.

And please... PLEASEEEEEE IGNORE THE COMPILATION please.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There will be a lot cut and a lot added which i'm totally fine with as long as the overall story isn't mucked about with to much.

FFVII will always be there to play.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Some shippers are going to be mad at this, but ideally they'd removed the ambiguity as to who Cloud has feelings for at the end. It's not even that I want him with Tifa, there are times where I almost think of Cloud as asexual and just like them as badass battle buddies, but the LTD has sparked so many horrible fandom fights that it's really frustrating to be a part of it.

To be honest i didn't really think the "true" romantic implications themselves was really at all ambiguous in the end in the original game at all, even if you didn't specifically romance Tifa, i mean they are all over the place.

But Aerith's death was very much apart of the game's identity from the beginning and everyone growing to care about her in the team as the original heart of the group in some sort of fashion is a big part of the game, and Cloud certainly is no exception. Whether her original slight flirting is interpreted as real romantic attraction to Cloud is based on who they decide to romance, and that interpretation being apart of her group dynamic is really important to the spirit of the original game.

That's why i think that its important that they keep the romance options intact along with Aerith's part in that. Its one key way of the player solidifying a bond with the character, along with the group itself in game, so when she actually parts with the player, it leaves a real impact regardless of whether you romance her or not. The player should have options on how they want their bond with her to be for the duration she is there.

Of course the OTHER optional choices can stay for humor's sake, but its important that they portray yuffie as the "right age", it would be very problematic if they treated her like a 13 or 14 year old and you got to have "romantic dialogue options" with her.

With all that being said however, all of this is basically leading to another major change i want to see, that is a real investment into the characters's relationships together. When aerith passes, i want to see and hear people actually talk about her in the group afterward during events and scenarios, even just walking around. When she died in my game and was buried, she was dead until the very end and it almost felt like the game forgot about her until that very end segment. That can't happen in the remake. She must be ever present in the group's thoughts.

Barret and Tifa were comrades for 5 years during the avalanche operations, lets see more interactions between them as friends. Yuffie and Vincent should also be permanent characters and integrated into the story line...

Aerith and Tifa's relationship always seemed like they were close during the time they were together, but we never really got to see much of that friendship between them at all before the end.

Vincent can be an interesting character because of his stoic nature, and Yuffie can be the Rikku of the group(well she was the original Rikku)

I want to see a real team dynamic far more than in the original game. Outside of event scenes, it always felt like my team was basically relegated to the people i had in my party to fight, rather than a true group of friends who care about each other that the game wants you to feel like they are

And this. So much

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know what they'll call it. It sure won't release as FF7: Remake, and they can't go with just FF7 as people are stupid enough to confuse it with the PSN release of the original. So, what subtitle wouldn't sound god-awful for it? Or indeed each part they release.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I want to know what they'll call it. It sure won't release as FF7: Remake, and they can't go with just FF7 as people are stupid enough to confuse it with the PSN release of the original. So, what subtitle wouldn't sound god-awful for it? Or indeed each part they release.

Episode 1 - FFVII A new hope
Episode 2 -FFVII Sephiroth strike back
Episode 3 - FFVII Return of AVALANCE